plzzzzzz help me!!! Need to back up data and other stuff :)

Started by Jennah, September 20, 2006, 11:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jennah

Hi,

I'm having trouble backing up my data base? (ye I'm still a newb with the whole forum thingy)..I go to the admin maintenance panel and go to 'download' but it brings me to a blank url each time? I have done a backup b4 and it took me to a proper download where i got the data as an asci file.. So what could be wrong?

Plus I went from using a BLOC theme to a default theme set by simply machines but I'm still getting a red 'x' in spots within threads and posts? Why would that be? My version 1.0.5 I tried to upgrade but I'm not sure why I can't upgrade from my forum? Can someone please help me with these issues I also want to add a home button..

so to reiterate.. lol  :-*

Need to download data but can't for some reason?
Need to add a 'home' button to this 'default' simply machines forum
Need to try to figure out why I'm getting 'x' in places where when you click on the area of the 'x' it just says it's in forum but no 'url' ???
Plus how do I upgrade from 1.0.5

thanks soooo much if u can plzz help that'd b so great.  ;)

cya
Jennah

Jennah

Bigguy

Do you have cpanel. It's easy to back up in there. Just click on the "backup" icon and go to your database you want to backup and click on it, this will open up a download box. download it to your desktop. Adding a button to themes is pretty easy, you can search for that. The reason for the x's I'm not to sure, permissions maybe. You can get a file here called repair_settings.php" in the downloads area and upload it to your forum directory and call it up in your browser and make sure all your settings are correct.

Jennah

Hi, I went to cpanel but could not find any icon saying 'back-up' ??? What am I missing here? I would really like to back it all up because I want to upgrade the smf forum I'm using. I have version 1.0.5..

Thanks for the info on the php file and button.

anyone have any more ideas on how I can backup my forum ?

Bigguy

If there is nothing in cpanel that says backup you could try asking your host for one.

Jennah

Advertisement: