Admin maint. tool problems after trying 1.0.8 update

Started by Kirkman, September 20, 2006, 07:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirkman

SMF Version: SMF 1.0.8
I've upgraded several SMF boards I run to 1.0.8 in the past couple days, but I ran into some trouble with my wife's board. I'm hoping someone can help.

Her board was born as a YaBB SE board. It stopped working for a while, but came back to life when I used some of the admin maintenance tools to repair errors and optimize the tables. Later I converted it to SMF 1.0.7.

When 1.0.8 was released, I tried to upgrade using the package manager, but it told me the update wasn't compatible. So I downloaded the 1.0.8 Update zip, uploaded the files to the web server, and ran upgrade.php. This is where I ran into trouble. The upgrader kept hanging at various points. I would try reloading the page and it would appear to work or to start over, but it never made it all the way through the process. I eventually gave up on this.

Logging into the admin side, it shows the forum was at 1.0.8. The forum is very sluggish but I am able to successfully post to it. But when I try to use the admin maintenance tools to repair errors and optimize tables, those tools don't work. When I click the links for them, the browser just hangs forever.

I tried deleting all the SMF files and uploaded a fresh install of 1.0.8. I then changed the config so it connected to the previous database tables. But I'm still having the same problem with the admin maintenance tools. They don't work at all.

Any suggestions on how I can get this working right?

--Josh

Advertisement: