News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Shoutbox

Started by mbirth, September 22, 2006, 10:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmhoran

I got a couple errors after I first installed the mod.

First it was saying there was an error in Subs.php file ... that it couldn't call the same thing twice or something like that.   Sorry ... I didn't write it down & I am NOT php knowledgeable.   But anyway ... I opened the file to edit it (it gave me the line numbers) and discovered the "command" to display the Shoutbox had been written twice. 

I removed the extra "command" ... and that fixed that problem.

Then when I went to edit the settings for the Shoutbox ... got the same sort of error on the ModSettings.php (???? I totally forget ).

Upon editing that file I found the same problem ... the command lines had been duplicated.   So again I edited them out.

Now the MOD works PERFECTLY and think I have quickly fallen in love with it.

I have NEVER liked Shoutbox's as mods with other software ... so totally avoided it until now.  Only tried it because my members weren't using the Intergrated Chat as much as I thought they might.  So I KNOW the duplicate "installation" of the command lines were due to me having installed this or something similar in the past.

Hiccup in my server???   Or is anyone else having this problem???   I am using RC3

Thanks for your work on this Mod ... it is truly appreciated.
Peter

TANDIONO.COM

nice mods  ;)

dustydogge

Is there anyway I could rename the shoutbox? Right now it says "SMF Shoutbox" and I'd like it to say something else....how could I go about doing that, assuming that isn't somehow insulting to the original modder?

Also, how is it possible to show the shoutbox with the updated contents on every page? So the viewer can see it all the time while browsing the forum?

MySQASI

i try to install this mod on my site thru package manager but got error on file permission (not blame this mod because other mod also result same error...). then i try manual install and success but the problem is that when i type some word and press ENTER, htey take around 5~7 sec before the text appear on the chat box. that really not a good thing as i receive complain from all my visitor/members about the same problem. is there any solution to solve this thing?

previously, i've install shoutbox for RC2 (because prev. my forum is RC2). and when i upgrade to RC3, i just clean install the RC3 and reload the database. the setting for refresh time is set to 5 sec and disable the text log file.

please help me !

0warning0

QuoteHi,

I get this error when trying to use type a msg, this error comes up and disappers in like 5 secs.

Im using it on  RC3

Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: divclass in /var/www/vhosts/XXXX.com/httpdocs/forum/Sources/sboxDB.php on line 206

Try uploading and replace sboxDB.php again to your Sources Folder

I've got the same error and can't figure it out. I tried replacing sboxDB.php as suggested but still had the same problem. I was wondering if anyone was able to find a solution for this.

junglecat

I'm getting this error inside the box:

Notice: Undefined index: is_admin in /home/xxx/public_html/christian/Sources/Security.php on line 652

Notice: Undefined index: permissions in /home/xxx/public_html/christian/Sources/Security.php on line 659

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/xxx/public_html/christian/Sources/Security.php on line 659
PM me for affordable hosting. I will install your SMF forum with your choice of a theme for FREE.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Join us at Christian Discussions 

junglecat

Quote from: junglecat on November 25, 2006, 09:15:38 PM

Notice: Undefined index: is_admin in /home/xxx/public_html/christian/Sources/Security.php on line 652

Notice: Undefined index: permissions in /home/xxx/public_html/christian/Sources/Security.php on line 659

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/xxx/public_html/christian/Sources/Security.php on line 659

I still have this error :(
PM me for affordable hosting. I will install your SMF forum with your choice of a theme for FREE.

mark25

my username is the same with my domain name so the link to the smilies became http://<b><u>mysite</u></b>.com/forum/smilies/..... here's a screenshot what happen... the smilies didn't show up..

junglecat

Quote from: junglecat on November 25, 2006, 09:15:38 PM

I re-uploaded the sources directory to see if that would fix it and now I have this error inside the box:

Warning: main(/home/agri/public_html/christian/Sources/Subs.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/agri/public_html/christian/SSI.php on line 56

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/agri/public_html/christian/Sources/Subs.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/agri/public_html/christian/SSI.php on line 56

ETA now the chat box has disappeared, I must have uploaded a file that didn't have a modification on it for showing the box. I'll try re-adding that code and see what happens.

yellow1912

It would be nice if the shoutbox keeps a shout archieve for x days ^^
My SMF forum ^^
An Ecommerce site I help to build

aandreil

Quote from: tulie on October 10, 2006, 03:58:25 PM
Hi,

I get this error when trying to use type a msg, this error comes up and disappers in like 5 secs.

Im using it on  RC3

Notice: Undefined variable: divclass in /var/www/vhosts/XXXX.com/httpdocs/forum/Sources/sboxDB.php on line 206

Yes, I have the same problem myself. It's not stopping the mod from working, but just doesn't make it look very "tidy" ;)

Otherwise I love it and so do the board users! :D

xcrazyxfrogx

1.1 final is out i installed but SMF shoutbox was removed i tried installing but got message incompatible version  :( when 1.1 final version is coming out ???:-\

Money... my obsession... Wealth... my addiction... Fear... my weapon... Crazy people... don't you understand... from the smokes of fear... who I am?

aandreil

Same question here

The shoutbox has got to be one of the favourite addons on my boards and it 's gone now that I've upgraded to 1.1

Can we have an updated version soon? :D

sawz

Quote from: aandreil on December 05, 2006, 10:47:18 AM
Same question here

The shoutbox has got to be one of the favourite addons on my boards and it 's gone now that I've upgraded to 1.1

Can we have an updated version soon? :D
gee, that'll give me something to do. i have been updating my mods cause i don't want to wait.
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

aandreil

LOL! Methinks these next few weeks will be rather frantic for the poor addon developers ;)

desert storm

I would agree.  This mod is one of my favorite, and my users deeply miss it after the update to SMF 1.1 Final.  If someone could please update this mod to work with SMF 1.1... I would love them forever. 

@ngel

It's possible to add a functionnality to authorize or not the shout box for some groupmembers.

New parameter : Shoutbox access for groupmembers : [select the groupmembers]

Thanks

@ngel

IKShadow

Iam getting pop up, script will run slowely .. abort
Installed:
SMF 1.1
Gender On Registration 1.0
cbi, 0.5
Spoiler Tag
Reg Bar   1.0
Simple Blog 1.4.1

snif

please could someone make shoutbox for 1.1?

Davey D.

After install I get this message inside the box;

"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

Running v1.1 SMF with Javascript and Java on Firefox v2.

Any help?

Advertisement: