News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Shoutbox

Started by mbirth, September 22, 2006, 10:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtelierGal

Is it possible to enable the ShoutBox on other themes other than the Default theme??  ???

kriskd

I think there are two threads going on discussing this mod.

See this thread where an update for 1.1 was posted.  I haven't tested it myself.
SMF 2.0.2

tapirul

it would be good if somebody merged these threads...or bring the posts related to mbirth's shoutbox here, and lock the other thread..

buhaychat.com

Quote from: dacardinal on November 10, 2006, 05:44:02 AM
Is there anyway I could rename the shoutbox? Right now it says "SMF Shoutbox" and I'd like it to say something else....how could I go about doing that, assuming that isn't somehow insulting to the original modder?

Also, how is it possible to show the shoutbox with the updated contents on every page? So the viewer can see it all the time while browsing the forum?

Yes, edit the sbox.english.php in languages to edit "SMF Shoutbox" to whatever you like.

Yup, just place the sbox code onto your index template wherever you want it to appear.

BTW, great mod, kudos to the creator.

buhaychat.com

Quote from: AtelierGal on December 15, 2006, 08:03:24 AM
Is it possible to enable the ShoutBox on other themes other than the Default theme??  ???

Yes, just manually place the sbox function code to your template. I have mine working on a template other than the default.

buhaychat.com

I've been tinkering around with the mod manually since the admin doesn't seem to want to save changes, and now my head hurts, so if anyone out there that have already done this, can you tell me:

1. How to use a different smiley set other than the default (what file to edit, which code)
2. How to edit the colors inside the shoutbox (posted text)

Thanks in advance. :)

buhaychat.com

Quote from: buhaychat.com on December 19, 2006, 10:26:28 PM
I've been tinkering around with the mod manually since the admin doesn't seem to want to save changes, and now my head hurts, so if anyone out there that have already done this, can you tell me:

1. How to use a different smiley set other than the default (what file to edit, which code)

Thanks in advance. :)

Tinkered around some more and found the answer to:

--> edit the sboxDB.php in sources

... still can't find out how to get the shoutbox to use another smiley set other than my default  ???

joseph21

I've installed the smf 1.1.1 update using the package installer. After Installing the update I installed ad mod, smf shoutbox. using ";version_emulate=1.1" place on the URL of my browser during installation. After doing that, it changed the version of my SMF to 1.1 again.

The problem is, the smf shoutbox is not operating correctly. I can't post a shout. Refresh is always disabled even if I click it off or on again in the Forums admin.

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/classic/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/babylon/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/blackTed/BoardIndex.template.php    Skipping file
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs.php    Test failed
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.german.php    Skipping file
8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test failed

I've un-installed it and reinstalled again.. finally got an error saying file permission in directory is not accessible? I've installed some other mods before and there weren't any problems at all.
SMF 1.1.2 (SMF shop-Ad Management), Joomla 1.0.12, Ortsios Joomla - SMF bridge 1.1.7, CB 1.0.2 and many more..

boolprop_net

When I installed the 1.1 final upgrade from the RC3 version, this shoutbox became uncompatible. There's a new shoutbox available for 1.1, but there's issues with that one, too.
boolprop.net [nofollow] - Under Construction
boolprop.net Family Forums [nofollow] - Active

kriskd

Did you try version 1.20 of this mod?  I had no troubles with that on SMF 1.1.1.
SMF 2.0.2

boolprop_net

Using the package manager:

"The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."
boolprop.net [nofollow] - Under Construction
boolprop.net Family Forums [nofollow] - Active

DVD_GR

use ;version_emulate=1.1 to the version that 1,2 was referring to.
Do we know when there will be available a major update for 1.1.1?
I dont think 1.2 bugs are needed :D.
Happy new year :D

loopyj22

Is there a way to change the color of text in the shoutbox as the dark blue color kinda blends in with the black BG im using

joseph21

Anybody got shoutbox work with 1.1.1 ? I mean even without using the version emulate..  ???
SMF 1.1.2 (SMF shop-Ad Management), Joomla 1.0.12, Ortsios Joomla - SMF bridge 1.1.7, CB 1.0.2 and many more..

richiehale

I would love a 1.1.1 version.. is this on the slate?

buhaychat.com

hrm, mine's working on my 1.1.1 now

deep's version

Threepwud

Brilliant - thanks for the info kriskd!!

A LIFE SAVER!

Havoc

How I can make this work with SMF 1.1.1?

3mrhythm

is there a way to enable this on a member group basis?
www.nhfragswap.com
www.yariscentral.com

scrap yourself silly

My members LOVE the shoutbox and we usually only turn it on for special events.  Now we would like to keep it on.

Quote from: buhaychat.com on December 19, 2006, 10:21:59 PM
Also, how is it possible to show the shoutbox with the updated contents on every page? So the viewer can see it all the time while browsing the forum?

Yes, edit the sbox.english.php in languages to edit "SMF Shoutbox" to whatever you like.

Yup, just place the sbox code onto your index template wherever you want it to appear.
[/quote]

Is that code this:

// display shoutbox
  if (function_exists('sbox')) sbox();

So I think I read somewhere else that if I want the shoutbox to appear on every page, I would add that code to my forums index.php file?  But Im not exactly sure where to put it.  I am using SMF Shoutbox      1.15, on SMF 1.1 RC3 on a different theme.

Thanks
W.

Advertisement: