Could you explain this to me?

Started by trelamenos, September 24, 2006, 01:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trelamenos

Hey guys.
I am using the smf 1.1RC3 and i have bridged it with ma Joomla site with the last bridge release.
I need some help.
I want someone to explain to me some configuration options that i see in the configuration panel of the com_smf in the admin panel of my Joomla.

First of all, what exactly are the Use SMF CSS in other pages?: and the Synchronize Language from Mambo/Joomla to SMF?:? What are exactly doing?
I also want to know what's the difference of choosing Use Bridge Registration and Use SMF Registration or Use Mambo/Joomla Registration? What ever i choose when a user registers he registers in both of Joomla and SMF.
Is there any paper that could explain me that better?
And last, what the mambot SMF_HEADER_INCLUDE stands for? Where can i use it?

Thanks in advance guys. See i like to search things in depth.

Orstio

QuoteFirst of all, what exactly are the Use SMF CSS in other pages?

Turning this on will make all of your Joomla pages use the SMF CSS.

Quoteand the Synchronize Language from Mambo/Joomla to SMF?

This will change the language in SMF to match the language in Joomla.  Typically used for multi-language sites.

QuoteI also want to know what's the difference of choosing Use Bridge Registration and Use SMF Registration or Use Mambo/Joomla Registration?

Look and feel, mostly.

QuoteAnd last, what the mambot SMF_HEADER_INCLUDE stands for? Where can i use it?

When the bridge is installed, you are always using it.  It is a utility that helps the bridge do some things in the background that are required for SMF to work when bridged.

trelamenos

Well i think i got it. Thanks a lot orstio! You know it's relly stupid when you are using something and you dont know what does on your page or what it's developed for.

Thanks again.

Advertisement: