News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Recycle Bin Restore

Started by Prasad007, November 10, 2005, 03:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prasad007

As i mentioned this before
i guess ill do it again
cuz maybe cuz of the server change the topic got deleted

i propose a feature to be added
that wud allow deleted topics and posts to be restored from the recycle bin
this is a very basic and fundamental feature
that i belive is a must
it should be such that deleted topics and posts in the recycle bin
should display a new button to "restore" it
to its original location

-Prasad007.

Col

I have to agree with you. It could be very time consuming to repair the damage by renegade moderator, doubly so, when you are unsure of where the threads and posts were originally located. I dare say that this is not what was in mind when this feature was developed, but my guess is that it is used because of such difficulties quite often.

tapirul

I concur with that.
The "Recycle bin" section should be more controllable. Not only that it is difficult to know exactly where each deleted post comes from, but sometimes there are a lot of posts that need to be restored, and it is a pain to do it individually.

The features I propose would include (for the recycle bin section only):
- a button in each post in Recycle bin called "restore", for restoring individual posts
- an option to select multiple posts for restoring in one click
- an option in "split topic" to select posts to be restored
- a line telling who deleted the post

Thanks

GameCube

I agree and to bring this one step farther there should be an extra permission that allows delted posts from admins to skip the trash bin, and to decide of global mods have this power etc.

TGDHosting

I agree with this, I used to have a SMF board and it was VERY popular and everymonth I removed inactive mods and replaced them with another person that filled out to become one and one day I Smod one of my old mod and he deleted MY WHOLE forum post beside the STAFF, I was very upset, now if this would of been their then it would be around but no, its gone and I dont want this to happen again for anyone!

Prasad007

Lets hope for a reply here by a SMF team member :)

Tony Reid

There is a simple solution for the devs to enable this kind of feature....

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=105991.0
Tony Reid

Col

I don't know why this is not already a feature, or why one of the team has not even commented. It's a very obvious addition to the recycle bin; it makes it far more functional!

H

I would like to see this in a future version :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Col

. . . "and as if by magic"! - if you know your Mr Benn!? :D

Does the team have ways of bringing things like this to the attention of the developers?

Gargoyle

This would be a great addition... Very good suggestion. ;D

H

Quote from: Col on August 23, 2006, 06:01:21 PM
. . . "and as if by magic"! - if you know your Mr Benn!? :D

Does the team have ways of bringing things like this to the attention of the developers?

Team = Devs + Support + PMs + Graphics + Doc + Site Team + Marketing etc!

They've probably seen this but atm we're concentrating on geting 1.1 out of the door ;)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Col

Well, the thread is 9+ months old! :) So long as it's logged somewhere on a 'to do' list, that's OK.

Prasad007

well maybe this should be an addition to the 1.1 version of smf.

Thantos

Quote from: Col on August 24, 2006, 06:49:48 AM
Well, the thread is 9+ months old! :) So long as it's logged somewhere on a 'to do' list, that's OK.
Not sure if its on a to-do list or on the "feature to add once its trivial to add" list.  Though I'll have to look but I think do to some other changes made in the DE version this is nearing the trivial to add point.

Quote from: Prasad007 on September 29, 2006, 10:54:59 AM
well maybe this should be an addition to the 1.1 version of smf.
Not going to happen for 1.1

Advertisement: