News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Let Your Guest Register...!!!

Started by SwapsRulez, June 20, 2008, 11:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwapsRulez

Quote from: SaNoerdo on August 27, 2008, 04:10:22 PM
The code is not working for me. Using SMF 1.1.5.
I'm getting the error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/reisforum.net/Sources/Subs.php on line 1230

Just did what you described. Find the text, replace it with the new code. I really like to get this working :)

You might have added some extra characters. Post those lines here from subs.php :)
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

MzLgNy

Okay.. it's over... :)

evanora

Quote from: SwapsRulez on September 01, 2008, 01:13:52 PM
I'm getting the error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/reisforum.net/Sources/Subs.php on line 1230

Just did what you described. Find the text, replace it with the new code. I really like to get this working :)

You might have added some extra characters. Post those lines here from subs.php :)

SwapsRulez,

I'm sorry to bother you but I have exactly the same problem. Here's the line of code:

'content' => $user_info['is_guest'] ? '<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=register"  onclick="alert(\'You need to login or register to see the link. Thank you.\')">$1</a>' : '<a href="$1" target="_blank">$1</a>',

Help plz. Thanks.

evanora

Quote from: evanora on September 08, 2008, 07:47:35 PM

SwapsRulez,

I'm sorry to bother you but I have exactly the same problem. Here's the line of code:

'content' => $user_info['is_guest'] ? '<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=register"  onclick="alert(\'You need to login or register to see the link. Thank you.\')">$1</a>' : '<a href="$1" target="_blank">$1</a>',

Help plz. Thanks.

I'm still waiting for SwapsRulez but meanwhile, if any other person can help, I'd much appreciate it.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

That site is a great resource site for tutorials.. would have it in my links heaven or do some copy paste for my website ;)

SwapsRulez

Quote from: evanora on September 08, 2008, 08:40:15 PM
Quote from: evanora on September 08, 2008, 07:47:35 PM

SwapsRulez,

Help plz. Thanks.

I'm still waiting for SwapsRulez but meanwhile, if any other person can help, I'd much appreciate it.

Try out like this.

'content' => $user_info['is_guest'] ? '<a href="http://www.project-bb.org/index.php?action=register" class="bbc_link new_win" onclick="alert(\'You need to login or register to see the link. Thank you.\')">$1</a>' : '<a href="$1" class="bbc_link">$1</a>',

Replace my site name with yours. :D Also remove those class things accordingly if your version don't have it. Check if it works. :D
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

Oldiesmann

Do you still need help with this evanora?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

xmusic

Sure i also want to know if this works on 117

pwidget

Hello,
I can only find 2 lines to be edited

'content' => '<a href="$1" class="bbc_link">$1</a>',

and

'before' => '<a href="$1" class="bbc_link">',

When edited with change provide I get...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/content/t/a/y/tayhome/html/piop/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1264

and

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/content/t/a/y/tayhome/html/piop/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1272

What seems to be wrong?

pwidget

Ok,

This is how the scripturl link should look
' . $scripturl . '

NOT
', $scripturl, '

Plus in SMF 2.0 pb 4

Just do a search for

'tag' => 'iurl', (opens link in same window)
'tag' => 'url', (opens link in NEW window)

To find the lines you need to change. Plus you could also add to the
'tag' => 'email',

To stop guest from emailing members that put their email in a post.

Cheers...

Meredith Horn Jr

ok I'm trying to look at getting on my site to, but this is all new to me so what do I need to do to put it on my site?

Oldiesmann

Do you still need help with this Meredith?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

SwapsRulez

Quote from: Meredith Horn Jr on December 01, 2008, 02:33:30 PM
ok I'm trying to look at getting on my site to, but this is all new to me so what do I need to do to put it on my site?

Follow the instructions above. You probably need to first backup the files which you are editing. After that edit the files on your site by downloading, editing and then uploading or other way using online file manager to edit the files. After editing the files, check if your link is shown to guests and after clicking what happens.

Best luck!

DELHI_BOY

Arantor

Subs.php is in the Sources directory. Before modifying it make sure you take a backup.

secretboy7

secretboy7

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on June 20, 2008, 01:08:09 PM
Why don't you just use <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=register">Blah</a>?

where should we put this code????????????????

yurckk

Edit the Subs.php in the core theme or theme i'm using now? Some of files I can't find inside the theme I'm using right now.

Edit: Sorry, I missed Arantor's post. Ok I found this, thanks.

QuoteSubs.php is in the Sources directory. Before modifying it make sure you take a backup.

Advertisement: