Mod Authors: Modification Approval Guidelines

Started by winrules, October 03, 2006, 03:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunPika4

Adin

Thanks people. Seems i was really blind o.O found it via a google search *ashamed*

karlbenson

Don't be ashamed.

If in doubt, google it to find it out! (except if its your university dissertation* ;) )

Adin

And now i made typos in the mod discription ... this does not seem to be my day ...

Acf

Quote from: Aliencowfarm on August 30, 2007, 11:27:45 AM
Quote from: Aliencowfarm on August 18, 2007, 07:51:11 AM
Quote from: winrules on August 15, 2007, 02:03:53 PM
Yes, if you upload images they will be shown as previews.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=901
I guess I've got a problem then :D I don't see a preview. I reedited the image and the it was gone...

well... it happens to every image i upload :S and now it also ups the download count, because everybody clicks on it, instead of seeing it as a image.

Well? Anyone? :( I would like to see my preview images instead of a download link :(
Sigh...

karlbenson

I agree.  Hopefully a staff member will read your post and put it on the bug tracker.

ziycon

I've uploaded a mod, currently waiting on approval, but i was wondering how do i say it works on 1.1.3 when there is only a tick box for 1.1.4???

karlbenson

Well I just tick the latest versions, then state in the description if it should/does work for other versions.

Although it would be nice to tick all the ones it does work for. ;)

ziycon

I've seen may of mods that have multiple versions in its compatibility area selected, not just the once, how are these people able to select more then one version for their mod??

karlbenson

You can only select the current version.  However if your mod has already selected a previous version, then it will remain until you uncheck it and save it, then it disappears.

Thats how some mods for example have RC3 versions.  That was the latest version at some point in time.

mghq

Quote from: winrules on October 03, 2006, 03:53:01 PM
  • Must be formated properly for the format (BoardMod or XML) being used

Can i use both in it. Because I have a mod awaiting approval that is using both because when i did it all in xml it messed up one page when installing but when i used both it fixed the problem

Joshua Dickerson

Come work with me at Promenade Group

Need help? See the wiki. Want to help SMF? See the wiki!

Did you know you can help develop SMF? See us on Github.

How have you bettered the world today?

SAFAD

Wooha
Pretty Creppy
This Scared Me So Much
But
You Didn't Talk ABout Free Or Payment Mods
There Must be some Rules
And What About Making A New And A Second CopyRight For Huge Mods
E.X : This Board Uses safadsoft's Mods
Or
E.X : Download Section Is Prevoided By SAfadsoft

Are They Welcomed Here ?
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

Arantor

Free/payment mods:
Any mods that go on the main SMF mod site are free to download. I don't think you can charge for them on other sites either.

You can write your own mods and distribute them outside the mod site, that's fine.

Adding a second copyright is fine; some mods do it - SimplePortal does, 2by2hosting does on their mods. Just be careful how you do it is all. Also note that some sites get a little upset if you have too many such things on the site.

SAFAD

Thx For The Idea
The Copyright As I Said
Is For Huge Things
like A Portal
Gallery
Download
These Things
Big Ones
Best Regards
Sadaoui "SAFAD" Abderrahim - Lead Developer @ Electron Inc.

Arantor

Advertisement: