News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[Accepted] Attachments

Started by Amacythe, August 30, 2003, 03:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amacythe

Not really a bug but a suggestion/comment...

In YSE, when you attach a pic, it is shown after your sig.  I think the sig should be the very last thing in a post.  Can the attachments be displayed where the file is described as an attachment ie, where the paperclip is?

Ben_S

You will be able to move it easilly with the template system.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

[Unknown]

And, any attachment(s) you have on your posts are put before the signature now by default.

Applied...

-[Unknown]

Anguz

on this... could there be a kind of attachment tag to use the attachment in the middle of the message body? something like

I took this picture at the beach with my friend
[attach=1]

these are my son and wife playing in the sand
[attach=2]

more text... blah blah...

and it'd use the attachments that the member uploads with the post form... and if used in this way, with the tags, they won't be displayed in the default way
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Tyris

I think something like this would be a REALLY awesome feature :)
Also... will there be a way for users to be able to see the location of their attachment...? reason being I've got a forum for users to upload stuff to use... (moderated of course)... this of course would not be possible with the current sMF system (to my knowledge)...

[Unknown]

Why wouldn't it?  You attach the file - and then right click on the link, and click copy.  You'd have to allow attachments for guests, but it would work just fine.

-[Unknown]

Fizzy

Hmmmm,

How about a Coppermine intergration mod with folders assigned and linked to a member / thread ?
That way the images could be viewed through Coppermine Gallery all together or could be attached to messages in order and appear there too ? ? ?
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

Tyris

hmmm... I wasnt aware you could use the php script address for the image actually... :-\

hehehe, thanks ^.^
but what -is- the 'security' for then...? (why not just direct link).. its probably been mentioned... but myeh ;)

[Unknown]

Because you can turn hotlinking/guest viewing OFF for attachments.

For example, certain Charter Member-only downloads have just been attachments.  You can't get to them, because you aren't a Charter Member - but they can.  The same link that works for them won't work for you.

-[Unknown]

Tyris

aaaa, awesome :D
thanks for clearing that up :) :)
does that mean that the folder itself is also locked... so if I somehow managed to find the -real- file name and typed that in... would I blocked from ALL files doing that...? (assumes thats not really an SMF thing but a server thing...?)

[Unknown]

That's a server thing... it does encrypt the filenames some, but it can only do so much...

Luckily, you can (and here we do!) store the attachments outside of public_html...

-[Unknown]

Tyris

Advertisement: