View Single Category

Started by dougiefresh, October 06, 2006, 12:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

So are you saying when you download it your computer automatically decompresses it? Do you have the original still to upload? Did you try to repackage what it decompressed (it can be a zip file if you want).
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

CraftyLion

The computers asks me if I want to decompress it. When I say yes, it shows me all the files within the tar file. When I say no, it just shows the tar file.

The problem with downloading the original file for me is that it doesn't actually show up in my desktop [the tar.gz file]. I'm actually not sure how to repackage a tar file into a zip file.

CraftyLion

I seem to be talking without trying. I have a tendency to do that  :-[ I've worked it out.

hein

hi there, great mod, thanks a lot for your work..

emm, i think i found a little  bug...
my english sucks, so i will try to explain the best i can...

when you are viewing a topic or forum....
and click on the category name on the link_tree (site > forum > "category" > forum > topic.....)
it point to "http://sitename/index.php?f=1".... so it goes back to the forum.. not the category...
i think it should point to "http://sitename/index.php?action=forum;f=1"

hope its clear.. enough at least...

thats it..

greetings..

SleePy

Are you using TinyPortal?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

SleePy

Oh. I see where this happens.

Open Load.php and find:
// This is cheating but TinyPortal Modifies this as well.
                // Build up the linktree
$context['linktree'] = array_merge(
$context['linktree'],
array(array(
'url' => $scripturl . '?' . (!empty($context['TPortal']) ? 'action=forum;' : '') . 'f=' . $board_info['cat']['id'],
                                'name' => $board_info['cat']['name']
                        )),

Replace with:
// This is cheating but TinyPortal Modifies this as well.
                // Build up the linktree
$context['linktree'] = array_merge(
$context['linktree'],
array(array(
'url' => $scripturl . '?' . (!empty($context['linktree'][0]['name']) && $context['linktree'][0]['name'] == 'Forum' ? 'action=forum;' : '') . 'f=' . $board_info['cat']['id'],
                                'name' => $board_info['cat']['name']
                        )),

That should fix the problem.

I forgot that $context['TPortal'] isn't loaded yet when Load.php is called. Doing that fixs the problem.
I will update the mod package soon if you want to install the mod again instead of manual fix.

hein

hi there..
yes i use tinyportal...
but.. the fix doesnt work...
tried a couple of times.. to recheck.. but still not working..

SleePy

Can I have a link to your forum?

hein

Quote from: SleePy on May 10, 2007, 06:07:29 PM
Can I have a link to your forum?
yep, here it is : hxxp:hein.grinhost.net [nonactive]
to test what i say go to a topic, then try te get back to the category through the linktree.
the forum has almost not content because i am preparing the inferface first..
greetings

SleePy

Reverse the changes and uninstall the mod.
Then download the new one.
That is the only change I made to fix this (and it is working with that change on my test installs) so it might not be installed right.
btw. look at your site in Firefox 2.0. To me some things are appearing weird.

hein

ok, will do that
thanks for the help
and about my site, i know about the weird things.. its just i am heavily modificating the theme
and errors come often..
i keep testing on firefox and ie.. for checking everything
thanks again

Smoky "Rider" Blue

I just grabed the one for the beta and will play with it, thanks Sleepy.. ;)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Metal_13

im using SMF 2.... why am i getting this error?
the files isnt currupt and its for smf 2 so whats wrong?  i  really need this mod.. how can i fix this....

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

SleePy

Which version of SMF are you using?
I have not updated the packages to work with 2.0 Beta 3.1 yet. They should work though by emulating the version of "2.0 Beta 3".

Manu.G

Hi,

I really love your mod and we were using it till the day we installed the Simple Portal
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1104 with the Portal your mod wasn't working as it should. That's why we uninstalled it. Today I wanted to install it again, cause the author of the Portal mod posted a code to make your mod working with the Portal.
The only file which is causing trouble is the Load.php.
Now I want to ask you, can you please take a look at our Load.php and help to fix the error, so I can install the mod again in our forum?
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

SleePy

I made the change manually to the Load.php that this mod needs.

While your installing it will still say an error occurred for the Load.php
If the Load.php is the only file that files and you have replaced your Load.php with the attached one. Then you can click apply.

Note, you may want to keep a backup of your Load.php as if you want to uninstall the mod you still won't remove all its functionality.

miguelito

great mod, I think it must be in the core of smf.

using 2.0 beta public 3.1

download and install: no problem (if you change compatibility to "2.0 beta public" )

there is only a 'minibug'.

if you use multiple categories parameter ( hope i´m using it correctly )
example:
http://foro.cometas.info/index.php/c,18,21.html [nofollow]
it shows you both categories: Great!.
but if you use the collapse category button, it back to 'all categories' listing.

is it possible to keep the parameter of the cat_id´s that you wanna see in this case?

thanks.
http://foro.cometas.info [nofollow] - SMF beta 3 public

Chopper

How do you activate this mod? I have installed it but notice no difference. Can anyone help please?

Thanks

miguelito

in your forum index:
WITHOUT the mod: if you click in the name of a category: toogles visibility of that category ( srink/expand the boards of this cat )
WITH the mod: the click reload index with only that category.

also, you can make a direct link to an index with the categories you wanna see, por example: ( real link to my forum: http://foro.cometas.info/index.php/c,3,18.html [nofollow] ) will show only 2 categories

hope it helps.
http://foro.cometas.info [nofollow] - SMF beta 3 public

Chopper

Nope, sorry this makes no sense to me im afraid. Im new to all this you see.

Advertisement: