View Single Category

Started by dougiefresh, October 06, 2006, 12:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleePy

miguelito,

It may be possible. I will add it into my notes for when I am working on updating my mod. I think the best way to do that would be to capture the current url and then store it with those collapse links using c_redirect or something similar.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

miguelito

good, but it´s those 'collapse links' work to keep the url they came from and do not change nothing,

it´s no problem of your mod.
http://foro.cometas.info [nofollow] - SMF beta 3 public

Pepsi Lex

pls help
i cant get this mod working and i am using tinyportal

and i cant make the changes to BoardIndex.template.php of my custom theme

here is my BoardIndex.template.php

SleePy

What isn't working?

This mod doesn't currently do many edits to the boardindex other than adding a jumpto while using a single category.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Pepsi Lex

it doesn't show the single categories
nothing happens even if i ues the ?f=(catid) link...

pls help me

SleePy

Did you try to click on a category name?

jepot5

its now working
but what i want to do is hide my shoutbox whenever i am viewing a category

SleePy

You would need to ask the author of the shoutbox for specific details.
But the variable my mod uses is "$context['single_cats']"

That is set when you are viewing a single category(ies).

Manu.G

Quote from: SleePy on May 12, 2008, 10:02:41 PM
I made the change manually to the Load.php that this mod needs.

While your installing it will still say an error occurred for the Load.php
If the Load.php is the only file that files and you have replaced your Load.php with the attached one. Then you can click apply.

Note, you may want to keep a backup of your Load.php as if you want to uninstall the mod you still won't remove all its functionality.

Sorry for my late reply, but I was a bit busy the last few weeks.
Thanks a lot for your help! :D

May I ask for your help again. It's not a big problem I have and I never realized it before, my second Admin informed me about it.
It has to do with the link tree in the Recent Post part: http://forum.arseniums.com/index.php?action=recent
When you click at the category name itself, the category doesn't open as single category, can you tell me please which code I have to change?
I tried it alone, but I'm a dumb in php.  :'(
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

SleePy

Open Recent.php

Find (about line 175):
            $context['linktree'][] = array(
                'url' => $scripturl . '#' . (int) $_REQUEST['c'],
                'name' => $name
            );

Replace:
                'url' => $scripturl . '?action=forum;c=' . (int) $_REQUEST['c'],
                'name' => $name
            );

Find (about line 555):
            'url' => $scripturl . '#' . (int) $_REQUEST['c'][0],
            'name' => $name
        );

Replace:

'url' => $scripturl . '?action=forum;c=' . (int) $_REQUEST['c'][0],
            'name' => $name
        );

I will fix it in my mod sources though so next time I update the package this should be fixed :)

Manu.G

I changed the codes, but it's still the same.  :'(
Can it be it has something to do with the Simple Portal we have installed?
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

SleePy

Are you sure you uploaded the file?
That is the only two calls to the link tree in that file that set the category.

Try this:

Find:

'href' => $scripturl . '#' . $row['ID_CAT'],
'link' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '#' . $row['ID_CAT'] . '">' . $row['cname'] . '</a>'

Replace:

'href' => $scripturl . '?action=forum;c=' . $row['ID_CAT'],
'link' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=forum;c=' . $row['ID_CAT'] . '">' . $row['cname'] . '</a>'

Manu.G

Quote from: SleePy on July 31, 2008, 06:30:43 PM
Are you sure you uploaded the file?
That is the only two calls to the link tree in that file that set the category.

Try this:

Find:

'href' => $scripturl . '#' . $row['ID_CAT'],
            'link' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '#' . $row['ID_CAT'] . '">' . $row['cname'] . '</a>'

Replace:

'link' => '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=forum;c=' . $row['ID_CAT'] . '">' . $row['cname'] . '</a>'

After I have changed this part, everything works perfect!!
Thanks a lot for your help!! :D :D
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

goldenboy48

Works Fine.

After 3 previous installations, first time it went without any errors [but it worke every time, even with errors in installation]

Thank You!!!

Dejv

Hi,

I have a fresh install of 1.1.7, I couldnt install the package (because of some kind of login problem) so I did a manual install of the latest package and its not working, I've double checked my edits :( ... I can go to admin, I can view a single topic but not the main index.php with the recent posts.
----> this looks like it there is some kind of mistake in the recent posts?

Btw. is it still working with c=# or f=# ? Some older version I had installed before worked with c=#

I've tried the last suggested update for Recent.php

but it didn't help

Thanks a lot for any help!
SMF 1.1.20

SleePy

f=# no longer works, it is now c=#. I changed this as using f made no sense, and SMF uses c for all its category things, so it just made sense.

I am lost at your issue though? This only makes it so you can view a single category at a time. This doesn't change the unread or recent posts. Although you can specify in recent and unread posts to only get those from a category.

Dejv

Just wanted to say that as far as for me, the v2.1.1 works with smf1.1.7, version 2.1.4 doesn't (or maybe I need some php or mysql update even though I've updated it just a few months ago).
Well, never mind, I'll stay using the old one.

Btw: Thanks a lot for this mod!!!  :)
SMF 1.1.20

pariofdreamz

I m too Facing The Same Problem as Dejv Above....... Can Any One Help Please

Dejv Please do me a favour please give me the link from where i can get the old version of single category which is working with 1.1.7.

- Pari

Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE in this world as IMPOSSIBLE itself says I M POSSIBLE

SleePy

Hmm, what exactly doesn't work?

Did you check to see if it was only affected for that theme?

If not, I will have to install it on 1.1.7, I don't have it running on any 1.1 forum of mine.

shumilica

Can you put here the version for 2.0 beta 3.1 public? I won't ask for support :)
I ask this because the current version doesn't work for smf 2 beta 3.1, only for beta 4. I can change the xml file but i don't know if your new code of this last version is compatible with beta 3.1.
Thanks in advance for response.
Today, if you're not confused it means you're not thinking clear!

Advertisement: