View Single Category

Started by dougiefresh, October 06, 2006, 12:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai-lupin

Hello, this is a very good mod. However I noticed that there seems to be a conflict with the Password Protected Boards Mod:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=922

When I had installed the Single Category Mod, the Password Protect Boards Mods would no longer appear on my board index ...

Any thoughts what might be the cause?

Thanks!

Yngwiedis

Can you make this mod compatible with SimplePortal please ?

Thank you very much.
AmityHost.com - The Affordable Host

Manu.G

I would also appreciate it if the mod would be compatible with SimplePortal :)
Version SMF 2.0.8
SimplePortal 2.3.5

GlitchPC

Quote from: Manu.G on October 26, 2011, 12:01:28 PM
I would also appreciate it if the mod would be compatible with SimplePortal :)

Make that 3...

MiY4Gi

I'm running SMF 2.0.2. Strange. The package installer requires manual installation of one line in the /Sources/Subs-BoardIndex.php file, however the relevant line in my file is slightly different to the one in the package installer, and I can't tell if it was changed by a mod or not.

The line that the installer wants to change is:

$categories[$row_board['id_cat']]['link'] = '<a id="c' . $row_board['id_cat'] . '" href="' . (isset($row_board['can_collapse']) ? $categories[$row_board['id_cat']]['collapse_href'] : $categories[$row_board['id_cat']]['href']) . '">' . $row_board['cat_name'] . '</a>';

But the "same" line in my file is:

$categories[$row_board['id_cat']]['link'] = '<a id="c' . $row_board['id_cat'] . '"></a>' . ($categories[$row_board['id_cat']]['can_collapse'] ? '<a href="' . $categories[$row_board['id_cat']]['collapse_href'] . '">' . $row_board['cat_name'] . '</a>' : $row_board['cat_name']);

There's a difference between the two lines of code, but is the difference significant?
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

MiY4Gi

Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

FireDitto

Another request for Simple Portal compatibility.
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

pixelgeek

Quote from: MiY4Gi on August 07, 2012, 02:12:44 PM
I'm running SMF 2.0.2. Strange. The package installer requires manual installation of one line in the /Sources/Subs-BoardIndex.php file, however the relevant line in my file is slightly different to the one in the package installer, and I can't tell if it was changed by a mod or not.

I am running into the same issue. I suspect that between the 2.0 RC releases and the final release that there was a change made in the core code and the mod hasn't been updated accordingly.

grandinquisitor

Is there a workaround for this?  Or in the alternative, another mod that could accomplish the same?

Kindred

work around for what?

So, I just installed this mod and found the line/failure mentioned above.
Look at the code...  it's actually doing the exact same thing in both lines of code, it's just worded slightly differently.
What this mod does it it replaces the "collapse" when clicking the catgeory name with a "view the category" when clicking the category name...

So, the short answer is YES.
comment out that one line of code and paste in this new bit as indicated in the error/manual apply window

it works just fine after that.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

grandinquisitor

Thank you!  I was mainly concerned that doing that might break something, but I did exactly as you said and there were zero issues.

dougiefresh

I am running SMF v2.0.7 and am having problems installing this mod.  I did the change suggested earlier to my Subs-BoardIndex.php file, with package manager reporting success.  However, the QueryString.php source file has been changed sometime since v2.0.2.  Renamed my QueryString.php file and replaced with clean QueryString.php file, same problem.  Anyone made this mod work with v2.0.7?  Or any ideas?  Thanks!

Kindred

you should NEVER just replace files like that... by doing that, you are potentially undoing or causing errors with other mods.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dougiefresh

O:)  ::) The forum I replaced the file on was a local version on my computer, so there was no chance it would wreck the forum.  However, the fact that the same problem was present on a clean copy and the modified copy says (at least to me) that at some point the source file changed.  I need to figure out what/how to change the file so that the mod works.

I guess I could just comment out and replace the effected code like before, but for some reason, it just seems like a tacky thing to do.....   Especially since I don't understand what the code does....

Geor'G

Error with patch 2.0.8

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY b.board_order' at line 23
Line: /.../.../.../.../.../Sources/Subs-BoardIndex.php
Строка: 120

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

Or 2.0.8 which conflicts with PortaMX for the exact same reason because it includes my mod's code...

Geor'G

I corrected so file Subs-BoardIndex.php:
WHERE {query_see_board}' . (empty($boardIndexOptions['countChildPosts']) ? (empty($boardIndexOptions['base_level']) ? '' : '
AND b.child_level >= {int:child_level}') : '
AND b.child_level BETWEEN ' . $boardIndexOptions['base_level'] . ' AND ' . ($boardIndexOptions['base_level'] + 1))
. (isset($context['single_cats']) ? "
AND c.id_cat{raw:cat_field}
ORDER BY board_order ASC" : ""),

Removed line:
ORDER BY board_order ASC

And it works.

Advertisement: