View Single Category

Started by dougiefresh, October 06, 2006, 12:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

Quote from: dougiefresh on June 16, 2014, 09:58:20 AM
I am running SMF v2.0.7 and am having problems installing this mod.  I did the change suggested earlier to my Subs-BoardIndex.php file, with package manager reporting success.  However, the QueryString.php source file has been changed sometime since v2.0.2.  Renamed my QueryString.php file and replaced with clean QueryString.php file, same problem.  Anyone made this mod work with v2.0.7?  Or any ideas?  Thanks!
BUMP..... Now running v2.0.8 with same problem....  Can anybody help me?

margarett

I'm taking a *WILD* guess because these regex stuff aren't really in my book :P

For the first operation you should find:
board|topic)=[^#"]+?)(#[^"]*?)?"~', 'sid_insert__preg_callback', $buffer);
And replace with
c|board|topic)=[^#"]+?)(#[^"]*?)?"~', 'sid_insert__preg_callback', $buffer);

For the second operation you should find:
board|topic)=[^#"]+?)(#[^"]*?)?"~', 'pathinfo_insert__preg_callback', $buffer);
And replace with:
c|board|topic)=[^#"]+?)(#[^"]*?)?"~', 'pathinfo_insert__preg_callback', $buffer);

Again, this is just a wild guess :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Arantor

Looks good to me (assuming the addition of c| is what the mod originally does (which is to ensure that index.php?c= will be recognised in the relevant tests)

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

dougiefresh

For the life of me, I just couldn't figure that one out!  Thanks, margarett!  (Yeah, regex stuff isn't my strong suit either...)

Now all we need is an updated mod....  O:) ;D

EDIT: After reviewing the license found in the mod, I decided that I'd make the changes and post them.  Attached is my altered copy of the mod, version 2.1.9a....  Package info file has been modified to use the new XML file for v2.0.8 and up....

EDIT: Packaged file has been removed from attachments.  See here for unofficial updated version v2.1.9b.

Steve

Drat. I get an error on the first step with dougiefresh's attachment:

And that's on a board with only this installed:

I looked in Sources/Subs-BoardIndex and there is no cat_field in there anywhere. :(
DO NOT pm me for support!

dougiefresh

Okay, I'm sorry about the late reply.  I've rebuilt my copy of this mod and have attached it.  These are the mods I've done to v2.1.9 - ONLY FOR SMF v2.0.8+:
o Operation # 5 (Sub-BoardIndex.php) replacement
o Operation # 3 (Sub-BoardIndex.php) replacement
o Operations # 1 and # 2 (QueryString.php) replacement.

I installed this mod and it works correctly now.  Sorry about the previous posting....

EDIT: Attachment removed and made the public download at the mod download page.

Steve

Well, it worked perfectly on my test board but not on my normal one. Obviously some mod is getting in the way. Will have to figure out which one.

dougiefresh

Quote from: Steve on August 11, 2014, 09:03:15 PM
Well, it worked perfectly on my test board but not on my normal one. Obviously some mod is getting in the way. Will have to figure out which one.
I tested my copy of this mod with SMF 2.0.7 install with the 2.0.8 patch, along with the Sorted Package Manager Listing mod installed, as indicated in your picture 2 posts ago.  Installation went fine, no errors.  It appears to work correctly, so we can safely rule out the Sorted Package Manager Listing mod as a problem.

In other notes, this mod doesn't work with Simple Portal......  Can it be made to work with it?  Let's see......

Steve

This is the error I'm getting under the ./Sources/QueryString.php step:

What does that mean?

dougiefresh

Attach your Sources/QueryString.php file so I can see what is going on....  Note that this mod doesn't work with Simple Portal, so if you have it installed, I can't make it work for ya....  (yet)

Steve

I don't use Simple Portal but I do use Tiny Portal.

File attached that you asked for. :)

dougiefresh

It looks like your QueryString.php has this line instead:
board|topic|page|cat)=[^#"]+?)(#[^"]*?)?"~', 'sid_insert__preg_callback', $buffer);
Mod expects this:
So, since it's different than what the mod expects, the op fails.....  You could probably change your copy of the mod to accommodate this....

Steve

Thanks. I'll have a look at this tomorrow. I'm over the 'mess around in admin' alcohol limit ... :P

Steve

I took a look at it and decided I'm not confident enough to muck about with the coding of the board so I'll just have to live without this. :(

Steve

Okay, I think I'm going to attempt this after reading the manual on installing mods that show errors during the testing portion.

As far as I can see, the only difference between what your mod expects:

and what it wants to do is adding a c| at the beginning of that line, correct?

So if I add that c| to what my file has:

board|topic|page|cat)=[^#"]+?)(#[^"]*?)?"~', 'sid_insert__preg_callback', $buffer);

the mod should still work, right?

dougiefresh

That looks like it should work, yes.....  I haven't tried it.

Steve

SleePy

Yes it adds that.  It was for SEF urls to be handled properly.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Steve

Just wanted to say that I tried the manual change I mentioned above and the mod works perfectly. Thank you for this! Not having this has been one of my very few gripes about SMF. :D

Advertisement: