News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Stop Spam Links

Started by titleless, June 29, 2009, 10:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

titleless

Compatibility

(1.1.7 through 1.1.8 )
It will not work for ANY earlier versions.
Working on SMF 2.0; please someone test it on your forum and tell me if it shows and error

Introduction

This mod will create a new permission named 'add link to post' that protect a member group to post links and images. This permission can be set based on membergroup. YOu should enable "Enable permissions for post count based groups" under manage permission page from admin panel to see membergroup permission.

This is a very advanced new feature! See for yourself!

hxxp:www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&[email protected] [nonactive]

Has this modification helped you? Support the developer by clicking hxxp:www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&[email protected] [nonactive]

Afro

Rostam

This mod doesnt work on 2.0 RC1-1

Install Actions
Installations actions for "Manage Post Links":
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

TurtleKicker

Rostam

Quote from: sremick on July 11, 2009, 11:39:08 AM
How is this better than:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1095

Just wondering.

I am not sure if this mod works on 2.0, Has anybody tried this on 2.0?

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

What are the chances of a 1.1.10 version?
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

aw06

:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

shellniger

I am using a 1.15 version of SMF & I have upgraded (small upgrade) it to 1.19.

I have problems installing it, but it doesn't work.

I have enabled the permission settings for the post count based groups under manage permission page from admin panel to see membergroup permission. Next, I have disabled the permission to post links for both the entry member groups (Regular groups & Post count based groups), which will by right disallow a new member to post links when he/she register & joins the forum.

I register a new member, but he is still able to post links. What's wrong?

IdanC

FYI - it works great on 1.1.10 (even though i had to install it manually)

CrankyOldguy

It's a nice idea... there's really no reason to allow someone with less than 5 posts to be posting URLs.

It needs to be extended to PMs, too.  Recently we had a spambot register that sent out a couple of hundred PMs (just a few seconds after getting past reCaptcha), and it pretended to be the forum Admin warning people that their computer was infected, CLICK HERE TO FIX IT <rolls eyes>.  I had to go in and scrub the PMs via phpMyAdmin to remove the infected links, since I didn't see any easy method to delete all PMs sent by a member.  I could delete their account and wipe their POSTS, but not their PMs.

hint, hint: if it's not already in the 2.0 feature set, a DELETE ALL PMs BY USER would be a handy feature.

Arantor

2.0 will NOT include a delete PMs function, because it is a privacy issue; some of the PMs may be private and there is no way for the admin to know whether they are legitimate or not without examining the DB manually (and this won't change), so no option will be provided.

CrankyOldguy

Here's a modified version with the package-info.xml fixed so that you don't have to manually edit it into your forum (attached below).  I'm not sure why the original wouldn't go, some error in the XML obviously.  I copied and pasted the info into a good working XML from another package.

The 'privacy issue' with not deleting PMs is hilarious and bogus... if I get a spammer posting THOUSANDS of PMs, then I don't care about the privacy of a BOT, all of their PMs are junk and should be erased.   All PMs are 'private' (that's pretty much the definition of 'Private Message') but a PM from a bot is not worth keeping.  I don't want to read them, I merely want to eradicate them, particularly if they've posted URLs to a Chinese or Russian virus host.

Arantor

I appreciate what you're saying - but that's why no such feature will be added to SMF core, and why no mod will be permitted with it in.

Apllicmz

Portuguese

<file name="$languagedir/ManagePermissions.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<search position="after"><![CDATA[?>]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[$txt['permissionname_add_links'] = 'Adicionar links para postes';
$txt['permissionhelp_add_links'] = 'Esta autoriza&ccedil;&atilde;o permite aos utilizadores adicionar links para o seu postes.';

]]></add>
</operation>
</file>
<file name="$languagedir/ManagePermissions.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[$txt['permissionname_add_links'] = 'Adicionar links para postes';
$txt['permissionhelp_add_links'] = 'Esta autoriza&ccedil;&atilde;o permite aos utilizadores adicionar links para o seu postes.';

]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Errors.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[$txt['error_guest_spam'] = 'Desculpe, visitantes n&atilde;o tem permiss&atilde;o para postar links. Se este link &eacute; de alguma import&acirc;ncia para a sua postagem, por favor, registre-se primeiro.';
$txt['error_member_spam'] = 'Desculpe, voc&ecirc; n&atilde;o tem permiss&atilde;o para postar links.';

]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

<file name="$languagedir/Errors.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
<operation>
<add><![CDATA[$txt['error_guest_spam'] = 'Desculpe, visitantes n&atilde;o tem permiss&atilde;o para postar links. Se este link &eacute; de alguma import&acirc;ncia para a sua postagem, por favor, registre-se primeiro.';
$txt['error_member_spam'] = 'Desculpe, voc&ecirc; n&atilde;o tem permiss&atilde;o para postar links.';

]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

Advertisement: