News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Multiple Poll Questions

Started by Mike Bobbitt, June 01, 2004, 01:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bobbitt

Polls are cool, but it would be handy to be able to ask multuple questions in a single poll. It's a feature of UBB that I miss...

Oldiesmann

That's already built in to SMF... When you start a poll, you can specify how many options users can vote for.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

Read what he said again, Oldiesmann.

-[Unknown]

Mike Bobbitt

That's fine, that'll allow me to say something like:

What cars have you owned:
  Honda
  Ford
  Chevy

But it won't let me add another question:

What colour cars have you owned:
  Blue
  Black
  Red

Wich is really what I'd like...

Oldiesmann

Sorry... I misread it... So you want to have multiple polls in one topic?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Mike Bobbitt

Yeah, that's one way to put it... I consider it having multiple questions in one poll, but it amounts to the same thing. :)

Oldiesmann

That probably wouldn't be too hard to do.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Mike Bobbitt

nave

that would be a great option i know my members would use.

Grudge

I would dearly love to add this one day - but it's a massive change to make due to the way SMF handles polls. I post a lot on a UBB classic board and that's one thing I really did like - but the way SMF shows poll (at the top of a topic) is a bit impractical for a multi-question poll IMHO. It may happen one day but it will be a day much, much further in the future if it does :P
I'm only a half geek really...

Mike Bobbitt

Sounds good. I don't expect every request I make to get instant attention, but I'm glad they're considered. :)

Thanks

Aravot

Lucky me I searched (before getting flamed for double post)

I was gone post exact same request.

One Poll, multiply questions

e.g. Website Survey.

Q1. What Screen Resolution do you use?
640 x 480
etc..

Q2. Which Internet Browser Do You Use?
FireFox
etc

Q3. How do you connect to the Internet?
Broadband
etc

Don Diego

I just wanted to say that I would REALLY like to see a mod or upgrade so that surveys can be added. One idea that I'm going to try is to Make a separate category for the Survey and have childboards as the questions for the survey, by way of polls.  Not the best, but I'm hoping it works.

El Zorro,
<wannabe php'er>

damacguy

I'll throw my request into the hat too. This would be a very handy feature.

Only thing I'd like to add is an option to hide the results so only the original poster can see the results.

This would be a very handy mod.

geezmo

Looking forward to this mod too. My members are itching for a survey/ multiple poll questions feature in the forum...

santanu

this mod will rock.  i too need it.

permissions to be there for who can vote

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: santanu on February 22, 2008, 01:35:15 AM
permissions to be there for who can vote
Permissions for voting do exist already. :)
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

sShadowSs

Has this ever been given into consideration?
I've been searching for days now and cannot find anything that would let us run a survey type of a poll on the forum.
Anybody ?

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

playtony

Hi,

Is there any mod for multiply polls compatible with version 2.0.4?

Shambles

Is there any mod for multiply polls compatible with version 2.0.4?

This mod works perfectly in 2.0.4 (I have it installed)

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1586

playtony

I am trying with AdditionalPolls_1_2_2.zip and getting error message: The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Badboy

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

playtony

Perfect! Thanks a lot, every day I am learning something new 8)

meowserkat

Any chance this can be updated to work with 2.0.12 ?  or is there another thread for this?

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

meowserkat

I did, I found that other thread. I got a few errors when trying to install it, so I didn't continue.  But I did ask as question about compatibility using the emulator on that other thread.  So not to double post -->  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=548740.msg3904994#msg3904994

Irisado

Let's continue the discussion in the topic you've linked to, as this topic is very old.  Locking.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: