SMF AChat - AJAX powered chat room

Started by Dean Williams, October 09, 2006, 04:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyyam

I think I found what the problem is with the [DEL] issue I posted.

When someone leave or enters, the mod is posting a statement but there either is not text or you  cant see any text.  It's just a small gray band where there should be text.

I must have moded something that is causing this.  I changed a font size from 20 to 16 - that shouldn't be it.  Any ideas?

I was going to post a question as to why when someone enters/leaves the mod doesn't post a statement - but I think I know the issue now - just don't know how to fix it yet.

estepp

Is there a way to have the chat window auto-clear? Right now, the entire chat history is stored, and can be viewed even when a new person enters the chat room.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Come visit FORUM: Lucidity [nofollow] for discussions on world events, politics, economics, and society in general.

kyyam

Any experts on this mod know why I can't see the text when someone enters or exits.  It's just a gray line with the [DEL] option on the right of the grey line.

I checked code on chat.php and it looks fine.

kyyam

Reading back through the 9 pages of post about this mod - I see that others have asked "why are there so many [DEL] staggered across the page. I know why.....

This is happening because the mod IS NOT displaying the text when MEMBERS enter and leave the chat.  If you notice - this happens every time a member enters or leaves.  For some reason the mod is not displaying XXX MEMBER HAS ENTERED!! or XXX MEMBER HAS LEFT....

Surely someone can figure out why these announcements work for ADMIN and GUEST but not for MEMBERS.

I know nothing about PHP - I can only analyze lines and make small customized changes.  In looking at the code that handles these statements - I can't find anything wrong.

Please help - Since this mod does not have a who's in the room option - at least announcing it would help.

kyyam

Here is a list of basic mods I made to the chat:

A CHAT MODS

FILE: sources/tpvchat/func/chat.php file

1. Time Offset - anywhere near top:
putenv("TZ=US/Central");
change "central" to your TZ

2. change all ENTER / LEFT text

3. change all d/m/y  to  m/d/y

FILE: themes/default/tvpchat.template.php

4. at top, change name of forum

5. Near the bottom of code - you see "refresh" code -  change the refresh freq:
frequency:4,

FILE: forum/index.php

5. Hides chat unless logged in - place above the tpvchat button array
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])

note: you can also copy the entire botton code and move it to another place so that the CHAT button appears where you want it in the button bar.

kyyam

Anyone out there?

It would be awesome to fix this bug.  Since we don't have a chat room list of who's in the room - the simple announcements of who enters/leaves would help.

I think it would be easy to fix since we have the correct code working for ADMIN and GUEST but not logged in members.  Surly someone that knows PHP programing can figure it out.

IDEA - could you have the code that list who enters/leaves appear in another window -  this would show you who's in the room.  When someone leaves it would make their name go away.  I assume this is how other chat programs do it - if not this may be an easy  way to do it.

Thanks!

kyyam

My forum members are bummed that you can't tell who's in the room.  Almost nothing is going on in the chat room except people popping in going "is there any one in here"  then they leave.

What chat are SMF users using that integrates well?

mathmission

What's the word on this mod working with a shoutbox installed to the template.php? Does the individual chat page interfere with the shoutbox mod?

robtk40

Hi,

I have just installed the achat mod in my forum and its working well, but was wondering if anyone can give me a link to a more recent mod with things like, whos in the chatroom, possibly enable private chat rooms?

I am not a computer whizz so simplicity is the key for me! Can anybody help??

Regards
Rob

d58e7

Is there anyway to list who currently viewing the chat?

bran8464

I installed it in SMF version 1.1.5 and works to a degree. Still comes up with errors in the log:

8: Undefined index: changeposteridno
File: /home/newsite/public_html/69/Themes/default/languages/Post.english-utf8.php (eval?)
Line: 558

8: Undefined index: changeposterid
File: /home/newsite/public_html/69/Themes/default/languages/Post.english-utf8.php (eval?)
Line: 557

I think that the ability to know who is in the chat room is essential and look forward to seeing a version with that feature.

natzuya

leo-rcc

Quote from: kyyam on April 19, 2008, 10:51:53 AM
Reading back through the 9 pages of post about this mod - I see that others have asked "why are there so many [DEL] staggered across the page. I know why.....

This is happening because the mod IS NOT displaying the text when MEMBERS enter and leave the chat.  If you notice - this happens every time a member enters or leaves.  For some reason the mod is not displaying XXX MEMBER HAS ENTERED!! or XXX MEMBER HAS LEFT....

Surely someone can figure out why these announcements work for ADMIN and GUEST but not for MEMBERS.

I know nothing about PHP - I can only analyze lines and make small customized changes.  In looking at the code that handles these statements - I can't find anything wrong.

Please help - Since this mod does not have a who's in the room option - at least announcing it would help.

Change line 26 of func/chat.php where it says:

if ($context['user']['is_member'])

to:

if ($context['user']['is_logged'])

The same for line 38.

jayman2

Can this be setup to work on smf 2.0 b4?

discjocke

I'm a novice at this file manager stuff. I just followed all instructions to install the Adax Chat and can't find install.php file in file manager within the Chat folder where I downloaded Chat. I only find it within the forum folder. Can someone assist me? Thanks.

ernest

awesome mod, too bad there is lack of support for this mod, it will be great if someone add a feature to show name of members that were logged into the chat room. by the way it was an awesome feature.

TommyJoe

I have a stupid question,
In Ajax chat download, extracted to PC,
there are no php files
just xml

In the directions it say after uploading to server run /chat/install.php

and in the manual install I have to edit index.php in /chat/
bit nothing there.

"What am I missing here?"

srbija-tip.com

Can change time. My GMT is +1 (Belgrade)

And can to save massage To have scroll of all posts and not just the last 20

simplebeer

Quote from: estepp on April 18, 2008, 12:52:58 PM
So, I followed the manual instructions, did the CHMOD, etc. and I'm receiving the following error:

Database Error: Table 'projecu2_smf1.smf_tpv_chat' doesn't exist
File: /home/projecu2/public_html/forum/Sources/tpvchat/func/chat.php
Line: 43

Database Error: Table 'projecu2_smf1.smf_tpv_chat' doesn't exist
File: /home/projecu2/public_html/forum/Sources/tpvchat/func/chat.php
Line: 48

Attached is a screenshot of my chat window.

Any ideas?

EDIT - Nevermind. I forgot to upload and run tpvchat_setup.php and sbox_setup.php from the forum directory. Manual install parser doesn't really make that clear.

A little bit old topic but i have install this mod and get the same error as above.

I see that i have to to upload and run tpvchat_setup.php and sbox_setup.php from the forum directory, but i don't know how? can anyone please tell me.....i am quite new with smf an ftp programs, i got filezilla...

thanks

gr
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

Advertisement: