News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF AChat - AJAX powered chat room

Started by Dean Williams, October 09, 2006, 04:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplebeer

offcourse, i already know....just upload to the root and go to that url and than chosse install.... :P  8)

One question, do i have to delete the setup from the root?
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

simplebeer

Is it possible to use the chat only for admins an moderators? so other members can't go in the chat?

Gr
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

pspmichael

Love the chat!  Installed so easy!

I have a couple of questions.  Is it possible to have more than one chat for a board?  I want a chat for adults 18 and over and a chat for kids under 18.  How can I do this using your program?

Also, the area for Admin Functions doesn't have any thing next to it.  The only thing I can do is clear the chat.  I wanted to be able to put our name on the chat and see what other options I have as the admin.  I saw on another post that this is where I look.  But again, all it says is:
Admin Functions:  <there's nothing here> 
Clear Chat button

pspmichael

What is the difference between SMF ACHAT and AjaxChat Integration (other than AjaxChat Integration gives an error when installing)?  Has anyone tried both?

Dean Williams

Rudolf, alpha versions should be allowed since I dont have time to test myself on all versions of SMF and all server types I need some way to hit everyone and straighten out bugs. Big companies do this all the time such as Microsoft and etc. Noone can ensure smooth running of PHP scripts because of all the different servers and configurations. Sorry if this disappoints you somewhat but at least I'm honest and dont write that the mod is 100% safe and works great.

I've just picked up this mod again and im working on it once again, so any suggestions or problems please let me know :) if your using this mod already please update to 0.2.0

Quote from: Welb on September 14, 2009, 03:49:55 AM
Is it possible to use the chat only for admins an moderators? so other members can't go in the chat?

Gr

Not right now, I will work on this feature though. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote from: Welb on September 06, 2009, 10:48:01 AM
Quote from: estepp on April 18, 2008, 12:52:58 PM
So, I followed the manual instructions, did the CHMOD, etc. and I'm receiving the following error:

Database Error: Table 'projecu2_smf1.smf_tpv_chat' doesn't exist
File: /home/projecu2/public_html/forum/Sources/tpvchat/func/chat.php
Line: 43

Database Error: Table 'projecu2_smf1.smf_tpv_chat' doesn't exist
File: /home/projecu2/public_html/forum/Sources/tpvchat/func/chat.php
Line: 48

Attached is a screenshot of my chat window.

Any ideas?

EDIT - Nevermind. I forgot to upload and run tpvchat_setup.php and sbox_setup.php from the forum directory. Manual install parser doesn't really make that clear.

A little bit old topic but i have install this mod and get the same error as above.

I see that i have to to upload and run tpvchat_setup.php and sbox_setup.php from the forum directory, but i don't know how? can anyone please tell me.....i am quite new with smf an ftp programs, i got filezilla...

thanks

gr

yes you need to run tpvchat_setup.php. I dont know how you can do this manually?? try making a php file with include('SSI.php path here...'); include('tpvchat_setup.php path here...'); and I think hopefully that will setup the DataBase you require in SMF :) also try installing the newer version 0.2.1

Quote from: markosvaba on March 11, 2009, 10:39:15 AM
Can change time. My GMT is +1 (Belgrade)

And can to save massage To have scroll of all posts and not just the last 20

Ill work on this thanks for the suggestion :) Is there anyone with experience of adding a new section to admin panel I may need a little help with that (have not done it before :p) thanks

Dean Williams

Quote from: pspmichael on September 30, 2009, 12:49:07 PM
What is the difference between SMF ACHAT and AjaxChat Integration (other than AjaxChat Integration gives an error when installing)?  Has anyone tried both?

unfortunately thats the only admin option available at this time. I'll be working to expand this mod soon so dont worry :)

Dean Williams

Quote from: kyyam on April 18, 2008, 07:03:07 PM
Any experts on this mod know why I can't see the text when someone enters or exits.  It's just a gray line with the [DEL] option on the right of the grey line.

I checked code on chat.php and it looks fine.

Give me a PM if your still having this issue and I will try and help best I can :)

Dean Williams

Quote from: TrueSatan on November 24, 2007, 10:57:12 AM
Firstly this mod is abandoned by its developer and I've just been keeping it on life support pending a better one appearing...as was indicated as being in development by another member but has yet to make an appearance.

You query about overwriting is an odd one...it is not a good way to go about fixing the problem...simply uninstalling the old version and installing the new would be far better...if that were not possible via the Package Manager one could make the changes manually but it would not be at all sensible to assume that only files with tpvchat in their name would be affected. Off hand I can't remember if there were alterations to files the mod adds or affects that don't have tpvchat in their names but a proper manual uninstall of the old mod and install of the new if the Package Manager were unable to be used would be prudent.

Your last query is a simple one to answer...there aren't any.

Sorry I had personal life problems, but im back to continue this mod :)

Sabre™

Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

TommyJoe

jimv8673

I cant get Ajax chat to install on version 1.1.11  :(  This is mainly because im a Dummy and dont know how to make the needed adjustment. Can someone Please!!! give me a step by step (Adjustments for Dummys) Way to fix this?? here is what i get when i try to install. the #3 item about permissions is the problem.  And please!!! be very specific about the way to complete the fix, step by step, as ive already admitted to being a complete idiot.  :o

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
Installation Readme
By Shahriar Gholami
This mod will install AjaxChat on your smf.

Tested on freshly installed smf 1.1.10/2.0 RC1.2

Features:
Adds a button to chat system in default theme.
Access/Moderate permission.
chat in a pop up page or a regular page.
Shows the number of chating users in:
    1. Online Users section.
    2. Beside of chat button.
    3. Below of total time logged in.
    number 2 and 3 can disabled.

adds a shoutbox.(you can disable it)
    View/Shout/Moderate permission.
    can set to only in index page or all pages.
    compatible with your theme.
    Bold Italic Underline bb codes and smiley.
    collapsible.
    can integrate shout box and chat room to work together and show same conversation.

Install Actions
Installations actions for "AjaxChat Integration":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./SSI.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.persian.php    Skipping file
11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.persian.php    Skipping file
12.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Shout.template.php    
13.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Shout.english.php    
14.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Shout.persian.php    
15.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/shoutbox.css    
16.    Extract Tree    ./chat    
17.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/css    
18.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/flash    
19.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/img    
20.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/js    
21.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/lib    
22.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/socket    
23.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/sounds    
24.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/src    
25.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox    
26.    Execute Code    Tables_1.1.X.php    
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP    Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC    Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

jimv8673

Ive been trying to install Ajax chat, as well as a few others that frequent this forum, and no-one can or will provide a step by step solution to the problem. In my opinion if there is a troublesome Mod being put out there, it should be corrected, If for no other reason, than to just aleviate these problems for the smf users. i run 1.1.11 and Cant have a chat on my forum mainly because i dont know how to make a manual adjustment to the code, and no-one here is willing to help. I only get vague answers and run-around. Hrere is the problem i have, and it seems to be quite quite common.

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
Installation Readme
By Shahriar Gholami
This mod will install AjaxChat on your smf.

Tested on freshly installed smf 1.1.10/2.0 RC1.2

Features:
Adds a button to chat system in default theme.
Access/Moderate permission.
chat in a pop up page or a regular page.
Shows the number of chating users in:
    1. Online Users section.
    2. Beside of chat button.
    3. Below of total time logged in.
    number 2 and 3 can disabled.

adds a shoutbox.(you can disable it)
    View/Shout/Moderate permission.
    can set to only in index page or all pages.
    compatible with your theme.
    Bold Italic Underline bb codes and smiley.
    collapsible.
    can integrate shout box and chat room to work together and show same conversation.

Install Actions
Installations actions for "AjaxChat Integration":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./SSI.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.persian.php    Skipping file
11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.persian.php    Skipping file
12.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Shout.template.php   
13.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Shout.english.php   
14.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Shout.persian.php   
15.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/shoutbox.css   
16.    Extract Tree    ./chat   
17.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/css   
18.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/flash   
19.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/img   
20.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/js   
21.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/lib   
22.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/socket   
23.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/sounds