News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF AChat - AJAX powered chat room

Started by Dean Williams, October 09, 2006, 04:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S1L1C0N

Bump for this amazing mod, pls update soon! ! ! !Most important thing is a list of who is in chat.

maxprofit

I just uploaded it and this MOD does indeed have a lot of potential. In the Forum error logs, it creates  many of them, I had to turn error logging off.  Also looking forward to the next release

S1L1C0N

bump, please please work in the userlist, this is a FANTASTIC mod and is ready for primetime except for that one feature!

franklinrony

how add a member list who in the chat?
http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

Mick.

Uploaded ok but when i type anything,nothing appears on the box.  I can't read the post as a member or as a guest. Also admin settings button is not visible, only "clear chat" button.

http://www.midwestavalancheclub.com/index.php?action=tpvchat

any ideas on how to fix this?  Thnx guys.

maxprofit

Is there a way to adjust the time stamp? .. I need to increase the time by 2 hours to match ET

Valiantheart

It works but I don't like the idea of it using the username rather than the member's displayed name. Could it be changed so that the displayed names are shown instead?

S1L1C0N

I think all hopes have been abandoned =(

NoMax

How about cyrillic charset?
I get something like that:
Р,,! РЈСЂР°!!!!! РҐС,Рѕ С,СѓС,?

How can I use windows-1251 ?

Fixed
$_POST["message"] =   iconv("UTF-8", "windows-1251", $_POST["message"]);

S1L1C0N

DEV DONT ABANDON US! YOUVE CREATED AN INCREDIBLE CHAT MOD!

PLEASE CONTINUE!

Matthew Schenker

I'm also very interested in this.
Does it work with 1.1.2?

TrueSatan

1.1.2 will run it if you edit the package-info.xml to include that version however you will alos need to edit in accordance with Signal 15's postings above (thanks Signal 15!) and will still be left with one error that keeps filling up the error log...also see previous postings for that.

Matthew Schenker

Quote from: TrueSatan on February 27, 2007, 09:07:46 PM
1.1.2 will run it if you edit the package-info.xml to include that version however you will alos need to edit in accordance with Signal 15's postings above (thanks Signal 15!) and will still be left with one error that keeps filling up the error log...also see previous postings for that.

OK, I think I'll skip all that!

Can anyone suggest a good chat application to integrate with 1.1.2?

TrueSatan

My, highly unofficial, build is below...it includes the bug fixes Signal 15 was kind enough to detail in previous postings and seems to be compatible with SMF 1.1.2...I tested it and there were no unexpected issues.

Unfortunatly the bug detailed in previous postings as unresolved remains unresolved in this build and will give errors...the system is useable however.

Name uprated to SMF_AChat_0_2_0a to distinguish it from the last official version.

Use at your own risk...

herace

TrueSatan

Quote from: herace on February 28, 2007, 01:47:14 PM
thanks but for 1.1.2???

Isn't that what I wrote? I have tried it...it worked what more do you expect?

Matthew Schenker

I'm gonna try it again and see if it works.  Maybe I didn't do it quite right last time.

TrueSatan

I put it on a new board not an upgraded one...a clean install with a few other mods (arcade, staff, links, tags, expand pages...) but not a huge number...all went without a hitch. As I said earlier the unresolved bug reported in earlier postings is still there but that aside there were no other issues.

Matthew Schenker

TrueSatan,
I installed it, and the "Chat" option appears on the main menu.  It opens the chat window fine.
But I get an error.  We're almost there!

Here's the error I get:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

TrueSatan

I wonder if it's a CHMOD issue...did you go to Admin>Packages>Options>Cleanup Permissions and make all files writeable...if not try it post adding the mod and see if that helps. Check via ftp to see that your server did indeed alter the permissions.

Advertisement: