News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Ezboard to SMF... what would it take?

Started by bluevoodu, June 04, 2004, 06:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluevoodu

to get someone to help me convert my EZBoard forums to SMF?
all I want are the posts to transfer.

Also, how much MySQL DB space would 60,000 posts take up
(approximately.... of course real figures are not possible)?

I have been trying to use the ezboard to phpbb migration script... then I wanted to get phpbb to SMF.
problem is that I cannot get the ezboard migration script to work, and I think thats because my PHPBB is on MS SQL.... and I do not have any MySQL databases left to use for phpbb.  I really really do not think that the converter works with MS SQL and it has to be rewritten in some areas.  I am just hoping for a solution :)

†B†V† :hat
We want you to join:
Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

[Unknown]

You can install phpBB in an existing database with a different table prefix.  Example: DELME_EZ.

-[Unknown]

David

The biggest problem with EzBoard is you can't get the data exported and thus it is very hard to get your data in a usable format.
This space for rent.

bluevoodu

I know that you cannot get to the database......BUT I am just  hoping (on a whim) that someone would know how to program it.

I could do that with the database, except I only have 60 meg MySQL to work with right now.... and converting 40,000-50,000 posts would take more than that, right?

I guess I could do it in sequences.... but still.....

it would just be a ton nicer (and probably cleaner) ez to smf straight.

†B†V†
We want you to join:
Chicken Dinner Gaming Community

Advertisement: