PM Outbox

Started by draker, June 05, 2004, 12:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

draker

I'm experiencing a strange problem.  I noticed today after PM a couple of my members that the PMs I sent are not showing up in my Outbox.  They are in the database, and they are receiving the PMs, but any PM sent doesn't show up in a member's Outbox. 

Is this is a bug already fixed for the next release, or something strange only effecting me?  I couldn't find any previous threads about this problem.

[Unknown]

Are you checking the box to save the message in your outbox?

-[Unknown]

draker

*snort*

When this item was first brought to my attention by one of my members, I went immediately searcing the DB thinking it might be an error there; when I tried replicating the problem, I didn't even see that box.  I was still operating under the YaBBSE methodlogy where it got automatically saved.  I hadn't relalized it had changed in SMF.

Is there a way to make it default to "Save a copy in my Outbox", so one doesn't to chech that box if they want to save it, every time the write a PM?

Chris Cromer

Yes there is an option in your profile to make it so that the box is checked automatically to save pm's to your outbox.
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

draker

Ok, now the plot thickens a little.

I went looking for the Profile change to update at least my profile and see where it was, so I could pass it on to the original starter of this problem.  And its already checked to save my PMs by default.  I hadn't changed it, nor, as you can probably tell, was I even aware of that setting.

Shouldn't that have seved the same purpose?

I just tested the PM again, and if I check the "Save to my Outbox" option in ?action=pm;sa=send it saves the message to my outbox.  If I leave it unchecked and hope to rely on the profile setting, it doesn't get saved to my outbox.

Chris Cromer

The setting in your profile just makes it so the checkbox is automatically checked when you start to write a new pm. It does not force the pm to be saved to the outbox.
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

Advertisement: