[SMF Converter] Yabb - 2.1

Started by JayBachatero, October 24, 2006, 12:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b4sakenxx

thanks for the help! i'm using the lastest stable community version (5.0.51b)

i have actually fixed it though after a bit of googling.

changing the sql mode from to sql-mode="" in my.ini got everything working for me.  something about the default setting not allowing auto-increment in version 5.

i hope this helps others down the road!

b4sakenxx

hey again.  i have another problem for my local conversion.  it gives me errors at polls, i've never had a conversion that didn't do that, but i always just skip it by increasing the cstep manually.  however this time, it just hangs on "recalculating forum statistics"

i'm wondering what could be causing this? 

SleePy

Can you post the errors its giving?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

b4sakenxx

this is the only error i've gotten locally:

Converting poll votes... Unsuccessful!
This query:
ALTER TABLE `ibaraki_smf`.smf_poll_choices
ADD PRIMARY KEY (ID_POLL, ID_CHOICE);
Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '16777215-0' for key 1

and if i increase cstep manually (at 19) it hangs, and eventually i get:

Converting...
Recalculating forum statistics...

and it just sits there.  refresh doesn't help.  increasing cstep again doesn't help.

any ideas?

SleePy

Well the first one is saying that there is dupliate poll votes.

For the poll id of 16777215 you need to go into the database and look at the smf_poll_choices table.
Performing a search may help but there appears to be a poll with 2 or more choices of 0 on the same poll.
They either need removed (easier way) or edited (a little hard as you need to know the ids of the other choices for this poll)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

b4sakenxx

Thanks for explaining the poll vote error.  Though I'm not sure how to go about removing/editing.  At the moment I thought to myself, maybe I'm supposed to use MySQL Query Browser.  So I've loaded it up and I've found poll id 16777215, what I see is:

ID_Poll:  16777215   ID_Choice: 0    Votes: 22
ID_Poll:  16777215   ID_Choice: 1    Votes: 1
ID_Poll:  16777215   ID_Choice: 2    Votes: 0

Should I delete ID_Choice 0?  Delete them all?  The poll data really isn't necessary, but I've no idea which thread the poll belongs to in the original forum, otherwise I'd delete it there.

On another note, I haven't been able to complete the conversion yet.  Something makes me think that this error will come up again if I don't find where the poll is in the original forum and delete it.

SleePy

Is there more than one poll with that same id?

b4sakenxx

With what data has been imported, it doesn't seem so.  Those choices above where the only ones with this ID.

SleePy

Hmm, well that is odd.
Are you able to click on by clicking try again?

That error is saying its finding two in the database so that seems weird.

Are there ids higher than that for polls?

Edit,
I did a test and 16777215 is the highest ID that is supported by the polls table. I think for some reason the ids are not being set right :|

b4sakenxx

clicking try again gives me the same error.

actually that particular poll id is the only one that is 8 digits long.

oooh, actually playing with the query browser right now i did find more entries for that poll id.

i'm guessing if i delete all of them, i can click try again, and the conversion will continue??

b4sakenxx

well, i haven't figured out how to edit/delete these the entry for this poll.
not really sure what to do actually.  i think i'll see if deleting all the polls will help.

SleePy

Well what happening is the polls are all hitting the maximun that field can hold.

Does the smf_polls table look the same with these really high numbers?

b4sakenxx

nope.  and i've figured out that in smf_poll_choices, three of the 16777215 entries should be poll_ID 2
and the other two 16777215 entries i found should be poll_id 60

i think this is where my problem is because the smf_polls table goes straight from 1-84 (i checked and i only have 84 polls)

b4sakenxx

well in the end i went through the yabb poll files and found the file matching poll_ID 16777215 and deleted it.  after that the conversion went smoothly except that it says "Recalculating forum statistics" at the end and never changes.  Doesn't even seem like the page is reloading.

other than that issue though, it seems like everything is there.

thanks for the clueing me in on the DB stuff.  it was a good learning experience.

SleePy

For the most part if you run
"Find and Repair Errors" and then "Recount Totals and Statistics" from Admin -> Forum Maintenance
It will basically (minor a few things) do the cleanup that was attempting to be done at the end.

njahnke

hi,

trying to convert a fairly large yabb 2.2.1 ("Our users have made 231720 Posts within 8279 Topics") using the convert.php and yabb21_to_smf.php from the op and i'm getting hung up at step 11 (converting posts part 2). it seems like i have close to the right number of rows in sda_messages:

mysql> select count(*) from sda_messages;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|   231889 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

... which i'm assuming is what step 11 does, but then the converter just reloads endlessly at cstep=11 and doesn't complete the step. i'm curious what could cause this as i'm willing to do anything at this point to dump yabb and convert to smf. i very much appreciate any assistance you could offer me in this matter.

SleePy

Are you sure its looping or is it just working on updating all the ID_MSG in that table to have the correct values?
There is a big while loop in step 11 that might take a while as its doing the updates to the ids of the messages (and a large forum might have a lot of messages to update).

njahnke

i'm going to download the forum and attempt the conversion my local machine which has a much faster cpu/disk. i can't seem to find what the parameter list to convert.php should look like though - could i get some help with that? thanks.

SleePy

parameter list? Are you doing it via command line?
You won't need the list of parameter if you are doing the conversion via url as it has a gui interface.

njahnke

yes, commandline. it should be quicker, right?

Advertisement: