News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Yabb - 2.1

Started by JayBachatero, October 24, 2006, 12:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craigbrass

The attached file fixes the poll duplicate errors.

ShawnD

Well Im not having a lot of Luck converting mine over, Ive spent many hours trying, If anybody can help me at all it would be most appreciated, Im not too savvy at this sort of thing..

Thankyou all

S

tedora

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, a very big thanks for the help that you guys are clearly giving everyone.
I've tried the standard files, with a database error, and now found these threads with new files... With excitement I downloaded them, reinstalled a fresh version of the forums (as I saw this was a good idea in the various posts) and downloaded the new files... However, the only converter that works is the original one I downloaded from the web site (the one with the error).. All the other convert.php and yabb_to_smf.php files give an error.  I tried different combination and nothing works...

Here is the error I'm getting:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/3199/domains/domain.com/html/smf/yabb_to_smf.php on line 1

Would love some assistance.. It's really important for me to be able to convert this very large yabb forum into something a little bit better, and I think this forum would be perfect.

Thanks!

Al

redone

Which version of Yabb are you using? Do you still need help?

ShawnD

Craig

Yes Im having all sorts of grief, and am using 2.1

That is if you are talking to me....

Thankyou Shawn

SleePy

Are you still getting these errors?
Notice: Undefined index: latestMember in /home/ravensho/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 1088
Notice: Undefined index: latestRealName in /home/ravensho/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 1089

or are you getting a different one now?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

ShawnD

Hi Im not getting any errors, now the conversion seems to go well , with the little message at the end, but when you look at the forum the posts and catagories are there, Images and attacthments are not and there are no members, Including myself , So I cant Log in...

Any help would be really appreciated...

Kind Regards

Shawn

ShawnD

And I just had a look again, the board runs very slowly, all the 9000 odd posts are by the same person, half the threads are locked...Something screwy went on me thinks,,, :-\

Thankyou

Shawn

yeop

hi all , recently i just convert from yabb2.1 to SMF .. everything was ok , the problem is :
1) Existing members appear as guest
2) no increase of posting
3) all members registration date shown from 1970,

Appreciate if someone could advise how to deal with this problem ...

Thank you

redone

Did you recount your forum totals and stats and check for errors? Do you see anything in the forum error log?

yeop

bro i still facing the same issue after board has been recount ....

redone

Version of phpbb you converted from and did you see any errors during conversion?

Send me a dump of your phpBB database so I can take a look.

yeop

Quote from: yeop on July 30, 2007, 12:21:44 AM
hi all , recently i just convert from yabb2.1 to SMF .. everything was ok , the problem is :
1) Existing members appear as guest
2) no increase of posting
3) all members registration date shown from 1970,

Appreciate if someone could advise how to deal with this problem ...

Thank you

post count -fixed :)
members registration wrongly date - fixed :)

existing member still appear as guest , pls advise ...thanks

Quote from: redone on August 01, 2007, 12:02:28 PM
Version of phpbb you converted from and did you see any errors during conversion?

Send me a dump of your phpBB database so I can take a look.

thanks for your reply  planning to migrate from YaBB2.1 to SMF1.13

SleePy

Can you post how you fixed the issues. They may help somebody in the future or it may be a bug in the script that we may have to fix.

My only guess about members being guests is that it wasn't able to match up their IDs to anything in the members table.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

yeop

For date registered is not converted , i just follow posting given by the members
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=174754.0

Thanks to Jorish  :)

JayBachatero

Ok who still needs help with the converter?
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

yeop

hi Jay I am now full running on SMF1.1.3 , convert from yabb2.1 to SMF , anyhow can fix members appear as guest ???

thanks in advanced

JayBachatero

Quote from: yeop on August 12, 2007, 03:51:54 AM
hi Jay I am now full running on SMF1.1.3 , convert from yabb2.1 to SMF , anyhow can fix members appear as guest ???

thanks in advanced

If I remember correctly I fixed this a while ago and posted the converter in of the pages of this topic and not in the main page.  I'll look into it.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

katzenellenbogen

Hello,
I have installed a fresh copy of SMF 1.1.3. It works fine!
But I would like to import my YABB-21 forum.
I use convertor from 1st posting in this thread. Nothing works. I get the following error-output. I am sure that path to YABB-21 is correct!
Warning: file(/home/ser12476/public_html/vlad4m/Paths.pl) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 76

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 79

Notice: Undefined index: boardsdir in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: datadir in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: memberdir in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: sourcedir in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: vardir in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: facesdir in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: uploaddir in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 91

Warning: file(/Settings.pl) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 98

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 99
Converting membergroups...
Warning: file(/membergroups.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 120

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 121
Successful.
Converting members...
Fatal error: Call to a member function read() on a non-object in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 246

Please tell me, what is wrong? I am out of advice :( Thanks!

SleePy

Read your first error, it explains it:

QuoteWarning: file(/home/ser12476/public_html/vlad4m/Paths.pl) [function.file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/ser12476/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 76

Advertisement: