News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Yabb - 2.1

Started by JayBachatero, October 24, 2006, 12:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmpre2

Awesome, thanks Jay.

I will give it a try today!

Cheers!

vmpre2

ALL HAIL JAY
ALL HAIL JAY

Thank you very much Jay, transition completed on my test board. Everything seemed to work.

I really appreciate all the help. I cant wait to dig in and get things going to the new SMF!!

SleePy

Quote from: Stallyon on August 28, 2007, 08:27:32 AM
Nevermind ... Decided to give SMF the flick and stick with YaBB 2.1. Support here is too slow, even for Charter Member's support ticket system.

Is the ticket still open?
Please remember we are all volunteers, we have lives we must deal with and only get to SMF in our free time we wish to give up.
Most of us try to make an effort to get to charter tickets asap (I usually do right after I read the team boards).

The duplicate entry most likely means there are two topics with the same ID_TOPIC in your database.
You can search your old yab files for this and see if you can find it and remove one of them or change the ID to a higher number.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Stallyon

Quote from: SleePy on August 30, 2007, 10:15:56 PM
Is the ticket still open?
Please remember we are all volunteers, we have lives we must deal with and only get to SMF in our free time we wish to give up.
Most of us try to make an effort to get to charter tickets asap (I usually do right after I read the team boards).

The duplicate entry most likely means there are two topics with the same ID_TOPIC in your database.
You can search your old yab files for this and see if you can find it and remove one of them or change the ID to a higher number.
In the end, it ultimately wasn't my choice. I would have loved to persevere and stick with SMF, because I think YaBB 2.1 and FFDB is a system hog. But, alas, the owners of the forum I was converting got impatient (I do understand that you guys do have lives outside of this forum, as does everyone). It was not my impatience that lead to this decision. Forgive me if I sounded abrupt, but I was getting my butt chewed by a murder of admins, and I too was developing a foul mood as a result. These guys just can't get a grip on SQL, and don't like to do anything that's "too hard" i.e. don't want to learn a new forum system, templating, coding, etc. *sighs*
Kris Bell
Dahulu Tim Penerjemah Bahasa Indonesia (Former Indonesian Translation Team)
stallyon@bigpond.com

Tidak menerima pesan pribadi (PM) jika tidak diminta (no unsolicited private messages)

Attention: Spelling errors in this message are the product of a poor school system. Pay teachures more than athleets.

Francisco1986

Hello guys, first post here. I'm thrilled to convert my YaBB2.1 into SMF but I keep running into this problem when converting:

Converting posts (part 3)... Successful.
Converting attachments (if the mod is installed)... Successful.
Cleaning up (part 1)... Successful.
Cleaning up (part 2)... Successful.
Converting polls and poll choices... Successful.
Converting polls and poll choices (part 2)... Successful.
Converting poll votes... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `ptfig3_ptfforum`.ptfsmf_log_polls
    (ID_POLL, ID_MEMBER, ID_CHOICE)
    VALUES ('1', '0', '1'),
    ('1', '70', '4'),
    ('1', '8', '5'),
    ('1', '16', '2'),
    ('1', '143', '4'),
    ('1', '14', '4'),
    ('1', '65', '1'),
    ('1', '130', '4'),
    ('1', '29', '4'),
    ('1', '36', '5'),
    ('1', '52', '2'),
    ('1', '172', '5'),
    ('1', '13', '2'),
    ('1', '69', '0'),
    ('1', '11', '0'),
    ('1', '15', '2'),
    ('1', '75', '4'),
    ('2', '97', '9'),
    ('2', '93', '2'),
    ('2', '11', '1'),
    ('2', '5', '2'),
    ('2', '4', '9'),
    ('2', '16', '2'),
    ('2', '70', '1'),
    ('2', '116', '9'),
    ('2', '65', '6'),
    ('2', '34', '4'),
    ('2', '143', '1'),
    ('2', '69', '9'),
    ('2', '52', '2'),
    ('2', '9', '7'),
    ('2', '1', '2'),
    ('2', '14', '2'),
    ('2', '53', '6'),
    ('2', '15', '9'),
    ('2', '36', '2'),
    ('2', '0', '7'),
    ('2', '130', '0'),
    ('2', '119', '0'),
    ('2', '17', '6'),
    ('2', '13', '9'),
    ('2', '0', '0'),
    ('3', '147', '2'),
    ('3', '16', '2'),
    ('3', '29', '1'),
    ('3', '5', '0'),
    ('3', '123', '0'),
    ('3', '131', '2'),
    ('3', '75', '0'),
    ('3', '163', '2'),
    ('3', '9', '1'),
    ('3', '1', '2'),
    ('3', '36', '2'),
    ('3', '17', '2'),
    ('3', '53', '1'),
    ('3', '34', '2'),
    ('3', '70', '2'),
    ('3', '119', '1'),
    ('3', '15', '0'),
    ('3', '11', '1'),
    ('3', '169', '1'),
    ('3', '0', '1'),
    ('3', '143', '2'),
    ('3', '0', '1'),
    ('3', '98', '1'),
    ('3', '6', '1');

Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '3-0-1' for key 1

Any ideias how to fix it? I've already tried to delete all .poll and .polled files, but the same error happens.

Thank you

--- edit ---

got it fixed guys. Thanks to craigbass with his "fixed" file :)

Cheers!

kongming

I need help too, i started the conversion from Yabb2.1 to smf 1.1.3 today, the part 1 was converted successfully then everytime it stops from converting part 2 here's the error
Converting...
Converting topics (part 2)... Unsuccessful!
This query:
ALTER TABLE `user_smf`.smf_log_topics
ADD PRIMARY KEY (ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER),
DROP COLUMN tempID;
Caused the error:
Duplicate entry '0-0' for key 1

I used the convert.php and the yabb21_to_smf.php from this thread?

Hope somebody can help.

BTW, the Yabb I'm converting from is a transfer of a Yabb from another server.  I made a clean install of the Yabb 2.1 and then put in my members and messages folder plus boards and variables into the new install. It seems to be working fine though.

Thanks

JayBachatero

Use the convert files in this topic.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

kongming

Thanks Jay for responding, but it's still the same error I also got this error prior to that

Converting...
Converting membergroups... Successful.
Converting members... Successful.
Converting settings... Successful.
Converting personal messages... Successful.
Converting boards and categories...
Notice: Undefined index: shows in /home/idto00/public_html/fora/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 692
Successful.

Then it continued until it hit part 2 again. 

with the same error Converting topics (part 2)... Unsuccessful!
This query:
ALTER TABLE `user_smf1`.smf_log_topics
ADD PRIMARY KEY (ID_TOPIC, ID_MEMBER),
DROP COLUMN tempID;
Caused the error:
Duplicate entry '0-0' for key 1

I used the most latest yabb21_to_smf.php I can find in this thread and the converter also came from this thread.  Still the same

Dust~

I'm trying to convert from Yabb2.1 to SMF 1.1.4, however, I'm getting the following errors when running the convert.php file:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/dspforum/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 79

Notice: Undefined index: boardsdir in /home/dspforum/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: datadir in /home/dspforum/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: memberdir in /home/dspforum/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: sourcedir in /home/dspforum/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: vardir in /home/dspforum/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: facesdir in /home/dspforum/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: uploaddir in /home/dspforum/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 91

Warning: file(/Settings.pl) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dspforum/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 98

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/dspforum/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 99
Converting membergroups...
Warning: file(/membergroups.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dspforum/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 120

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/dspforum/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 121
Successful.
Converting members...
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/dspforum/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 246

Dust~

I got it figured out.  In Yabb 2.1 the file hxxp:paths.pl [nonactive] had permission settings of 700.  I changed the permissions on that file to 777 and everything converted.

JayBachatero

kongming are you using a modified version of YaBB 2.1?
Follow me on Twitter

DavidJ

Hm, quite the nasty bunch of issues.
I tried the original version of the converter & was greeted with the 'poll' key errors -- so I tried the Craigbass version attached earlier and I arrive at even better errors:

Converting poll votes... Unsuccessful!
This query:

ALTER TABLE `dbname_forums`.smf_poll_choices
    ADD PRIMARY KEY (ID_POLL, ID_CHOICE);

Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '53-0' for key 1

Any thoughts?
Fused Network
High Quality Web Hosting

SleePy

That tells us that on a poll with the id of 53.. there is more than 1 choice that is 0..

Are you able to track back in your yabb forum to figure out which poll this was? You might have to manually either edit it or remove it.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

DavidJ

SleePy,

Thank you, that certainly gives me a bit more to go on.
I'll contact the forum owner I'm attempting to convert it for & have him toss it :)

I appreciate it. I should be able to take it from here!
Fused Network
High Quality Web Hosting

tracom

i have searched over the forum (maybe i am missing something) but mine just hangs on the converting members...

i have changed the $_GET to $_REQUEST - is there something else that i am missing?

DavidJ

Oh boy, disappointing. It converts & I'm left with a blank SMF forum.
I despise YaBB with a passion!
Fused Network
High Quality Web Hosting

JayBachatero

Quote from: tracom on December 10, 2007, 11:35:29 AM
i have searched over the forum (maybe i am missing something) but mine just hangs on the converting members...

i have changed the $_GET to $_REQUEST - is there something else that i am missing?
What convert files are you using?

Quote from: DavidJ on December 10, 2007, 11:37:56 AM
Oh boy, disappointing. It converts & I'm left with a blank SMF forum.
I despise YaBB with a passion!
When you start the conversion does it go straight to the "Recount board stats" section?  If so take a look at Common conversion errors.
Follow me on Twitter

tracom

for mine - i am using the one that you have linked at the beginning of this thread.  I tried it and just seems to hang.  So thinking it might be a similar content problem i changed the $_GETs out.

i am going from 2.1 to 1.1.4 - i just upgraded YABB to 2.1 from 2.0 in hopes it would upgrade easier.  oh how i hate yabb.

DavidJ

Jay,

Well, this time around I used the original again. After clearing all of the polls off the forum (A multi-year old board with millions of unique visitors a year - doh!, wish he'd just switch to a paid product like vB) it still errors out at a poll. I suspect maybe another user added one in since clearing them.

Back to the drawing board!
Fused Network
High Quality Web Hosting

JayBachatero

Quote from: tracom on December 10, 2007, 01:19:31 PM
for mine - i am using the one that you have linked at the beginning of this thread.  I tried it and just seems to hang.  So thinking it might be a similar content problem i changed the $_GETs out.

i am going from 2.1 to 1.1.4 - i just upgraded YABB to 2.1 from 2.0 in hopes it would upgrade easier.  oh how i hate yabb.
Check the permissions for the data folders in YaBB.  The members folders and so on.  How big is your board?

Quote from: DavidJ on December 10, 2007, 01:52:20 PM
Jay,

Well, this time around I used the original again. After clearing all of the polls off the forum (A multi-year old board with millions of unique visitors a year - doh!, wish he'd just switch to a paid product like vB) it still errors out at a poll. I suspect maybe another user added one in since clearing them.

Back to the drawing board!
Give this one  try.  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=122338.msg1220273#msg1220273
Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: