[SMF Converter] Yabb - 2.1

Started by JayBachatero, October 24, 2006, 12:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanksta13

Quote from: SleePy on August 02, 2008, 01:08:44 PM
It is the smf password it uses to connect to the database. This is for security reasons only.

Okay, so if I'm installing SMF via cPanel that would be the admin password I put in right?  If so, that hasn't been working...

I've also tried creating a mySQL user with a password and adding it to the SMF database, but that isn't working either.  Is there any kind of coding file that I could look through to find the password?

SleePy

If you installed SMF via cpanel, you most likely where not told the mysql database password.

Open the Settings.php file, in there is a $db_passwd field. It contains your database password inside the quotes.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

shanksta13

Quote from: SleePy on August 02, 2008, 01:15:10 PM
If you installed SMF via cpanel, you most likely where not told the mysql database password.

Open the Settings.php file, in there is a $db_passwd field. It contains your database password inside the quotes.

Awesome, I'll try that and that should most likely work.

shanksta13

Successfully converted everything except for poll votes, no big deal.  Except that when I go to the SMF board, there are no posts there, just looks like the members, boards and categories transferred over.  Guess I'll re-read through this thread to see what went wrong.

shanksta13

Okay, it doesn't look like the conversion is completing because of the poll votes error.  Here's some screenshots of the error, any suggestions?

SleePy

Give the one attached to the first post in this topic a try  :)
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

shanksta13

Quote from: SleePy on August 02, 2008, 01:47:15 PM
Give the one attached to the first post in this topic a try  :)

Just ran that on a clean install no change.  Based on the other guy that had poll problems seems like I might have to try and delete the multiple poll IDs... no idea how to do that, though.  I'd rather not have to delete all my polls.

shanksta13

I can easily see the duplicate on the error message, but I'm not sure how I'd go about finding that in the YaBB files.

shanksta13

Any suggestions, nothing obvious sticks out to me after looking at the yabb poll file.

SleePy

Give this one a test. It is a bit untested as I fixed some issues I found while updating the converter for Yabb 2.2, but it should work and ignore those poll duplicate errors.

shanksta13

Quote from: SleePy on August 02, 2008, 02:45:15 PM
Give this one a test. It is a bit untested as I fixed some issues I found while updating the converter for Yabb 2.2, but it should work and ignore those poll duplicate errors.

Worked like a charm, thanks a ton!

Exposed_Bone

What does mean the "Warning: set_time_limit() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/****/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 29" ?

ThorstenE

the convert.php uses set_time_limit() to increase the maximum execution time for itself... On bigger board the conversion took a while and most hosts have limitations for executing scripts.
the error above means that your host doesn't allow to increase the script execution time.

If you have a smaller board the conversion is possible, if you have a big board the conversion possibly fails. Then you can only make a backup of your old board, install a local webserver enrironment (XAMPP for example) and convert on your local computer.

dreampeople

Quote from: SleePy on August 02, 2008, 02:45:15 PM

Hi Sleepy,

Conversion worked really well for my site, everything I needed seems to have been converted.  Have just noticed the user "post count" is not incrementing, same for all users and admin.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

SleePy

Have you tried to go to Admin -> Boards.
Then check each board to make sure Count posts option is checked? This may not be checked.

dreampeople

Aghhhhhhhhhh you are right, looking for the difficult option I totally missed the obvious! Its odd that another fresh install I made of SMF was fine, but the yabb conversation wasnt.

Thanks, help is very much appreciated

enna

does it really take more than 12 hours to complete the "clean up"??

it has been converting for more than 12 hours now.... im getting worried about this.

ThorstenE

Quote from: enna on January 25, 2009, 12:21:54 AM
does it really take more than 12 hours to complete the "clean up"??

it has been converting for more than 12 hours now.... im getting worried about this.
Uhh, sounds like you are using our old Yabb Converter. You'll find a new version attached. The old converter removes some indexes from the SMF database tables during the conversion. Therefore it's better to start with new SMF installation, then use the attached converter..

enna

thanks i got it running again but then another error occured.. i got an unsuccessful convert with registering statistics

it says:

Converting...
Recalculating forum statistics... Unsuccessful!
This query:

ALTER TABLE `NAME_forum`.NAME_topics
    ADD PRIMARY KEY (ID_TOPIC),
    ADD UNIQUE lastMessage (ID_LAST_MSG, ID_BOARD),
    ADD UNIQUE firstMessage (ID_FIRST_MSG, ID_BOARD),
    ADD UNIQUE poll (ID_POLL, ID_TOPIC);

Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

well i know i already posted this... so sorry for the double post... just gets confusing sometimes.

ThorstenE

ok, maybe we can solve this without re-conversion. can you try this please:
go to phpMyAdmin ( What is phpMyAdmin? ) and execute the following database queries:

UPDATE smf_topics SET ID_LAST_MSG = ID_LAST_MSG + 1000000;
UPDATE smf_topics SET ID_LAST_MSG = ID_FIRST_MSG + 1000000;

then go to SMF - Admin - Forum Maintenance and click "Find and repair any errors" and "Recount all forum totals and statistics".

Advertisement: