News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Yabb - 2.1

Started by JayBachatero, October 24, 2006, 12:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

Ok this is fresh out the oven.  I just fixed the Yabb 2.1 Converter to work with SMF 1.1 RC3.  Please keep in mind that if you used the old converter in the past you will have to make a fresh install of 1.1 RC3.  The old converter dropped some indexes and will cause this converter to if its not a fresh install.

If everything goes good I will regenerate the converter on the converters page.

Changelog:
! Made the yabb converter more mysql strict mode friendly (yabb21_to_smf.php)
! When converting attachments set a width and height for images. (yabb21_to_smf.php)
! In some cases posts were not assigned to the correct member. (yabb21_to_smf.php)
! In some cases YaBB users ' or " in membergroups.txt causing the regular expression to fail and membergroups not to be converted. (yabb21_to_smf.php)
+ Added check to prevent duplicate columns/keys errors. (convert.php, yabb21_to_smf.php)
! It's location not locaiton (yabb21_smf.php)
+ Added allow_guestAccess to the list of settings to convert. (yabb21_to_smf.php)
! Sometimes YaBB leaves members files behind causing deleted members to be converted. (yabb21_to_smf.php)
! Mark PM's as read. (yabb21_to_smf.php)
! When converting posts in part 3 "while (true)" was giving internal server errors with some hosts and it was looping for ever. (yabb21_to_smf.php)
+ Polls are now converted. (yabb21_to_smf.php)
! In some cases categories and boards had " before the name. (yabb21_to_smf.php)
! Make sure that PM's get marked as read when converting (yabb21_to_smf.php)
! Before converting local moderators, make sure to drop the PRIMARY KEY (yabb21_to_smf.php)
! In some cases converting categories resulted in a undefined index error due to the key not being set to lower case while $tempCatID was. (yabb21_to_smf.php)
! Check that $boarddir is being parsed.  If not change it to the correct path. (yabb21_to_smf.php)
! Replace ~qq and ~qw using str_replace() instead of substr. (yabb21_to_smf.php)
! Removed call to an undefined function causing modified post to have the wrong date. (yabb21_to_smf.php)
!New version with convert_table (yabb21_to_smf.php)

convert.php
Use this convert.php with the .php/.sql file attached in this topic.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

practical

Hi, I downloaded and tried this.  Worked fine up until the boards and categories, where a bunch of errors came up.  Here's the message I received:

QuoteConverting membergroups... Successful.
Converting members... Successful.
Converting settings... Successful.
Converting personal messages... Successful.
Converting boards and categories...
Notice: Undefined index: reviews in /is/htdocs/wp1019876_8NUM63JY6E/www/sns/forum/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 668

Notice: Undefined index: unterdruck in /is/htdocs/wp1019876_8NUM63JY6E/www/sns/forum/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 668

Notice: Undefined index: nkr_cat in /is/htdocs/wp1019876_8NUM63JY6E/www/sns/forum/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 672

Notice: Undefined index: trolle in /is/htdocs/wp1019876_8NUM63JY6E/www/sns/forum/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 668

Notice: Undefined index: troll_cat in /is/htdocs/wp1019876_8NUM63JY6E/www/sns/forum/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 672
Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `db1019876-raecher`.raecher_moderators
    (ID_BOARD, ID_MEMBER)
    SELECT 16, ID_MEMBER
    FROM `db1019876-raecher`.raecher_members
    WHERE memberName IN ('admin')
    LIMIT 1;

Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '16-2' for key 1

JayBachatero

The undefined errors are due to missing boards.  Seems like that when you delete a board in YaBB the forum.control file doesn't get updated and only forum.master gets updated.  Causing the undefined error.
Follow me on Twitter

fishntales

When I go to convert it brings up this message,
QuoteConverting...
Converting membergroups... Successful.
Converting members... Successful.
Converting settings... Successful.
Converting personal messages... Successful.
Converting boards and categories... Unsuccessful!
This query:
ALTER TABLE `db_moss_smf`.smf_boards
ADD tempID tinytext,
ADD tempCatID tinytext;
Caused the error:

Duplicate column name 'tempID'
it all so said
QuoteConverting...
Unsuccessful!
This query:
ALTER TABLE `db_moss_smf`.smf_topics
CHANGE COLUMN ID_TOPIC ID_TOPIC mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
DROP PRIMARY KEY,
DROP INDEX poll,
DROP INDEX firstMessage,
DROP INDEX lastMessage,
ADD tempID int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default 0;
Caused the error:

Can't DROP 'poll'. Check that column/key exists
I know that it does not complete the conversion but how do I fix it. Mossy
Cheers Mossy

JayBachatero

Ok did you follow the instructions and do the conversion on a NEW SMF install?
Follow me on Twitter

practical

Quote from: JayBachatero on October 25, 2006, 12:38:43 AM
The undefined errors are due to missing boards.  Seems like that when you delete a board in YaBB the forum.control file doesn't get updated and only forum.master gets updated.  Causing the undefined error.

ah okay.  So what does this imply?

btw I did a clean install just as was intructed. :)

JayBachatero

Basically you don't have to worry about those errors.  It's just caused by data left behind for when you delete a board in YaBB.
Follow me on Twitter

fishntales

I did a clean install just as was intructed everything was new did I miss something.  Mossy
Cheers Mossy

JayBachatero

Did you delete all the tables right?
Follow me on Twitter

Suzuko

I downloaded this converter package three times but it won't unzip because "the compressed folder is corrupted".

JayBachatero

Try downloading the file located here.  Did you also try the tar.gz file?
Follow me on Twitter

Suzuko

Where's "here"? I tried downloading from http://www.simplemachines.org/download/?converters - the tar.gz downloads but all I get is one file called index.php and when I open it with a text editor it shows a bunch of gobbledy-gook.

JayBachatero

Seems like a problem on your end.  Did you try using another browser?
Follow me on Twitter

Suzuko

I've tried with IE 6 and the latest FireFox. Also tried with Download Express.

Suzuko

This is so frustrating! I finally got the files and uploaded them to the smf folder on the host, then went to http://www.mydomain.com/smf/convert.php, filled in the correct info and passwords, and hit "Continue" button. Next page comes up immediately and says:

QuoteConverting...
Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Conversion Complete
Congratulations, the conversion has completed sucessfully... blahblahblah etc.

BUT... absolutely NOTHING HAPPENED! The installed SMF forum looked IDENTICAL to the new installation that already existed, and the old forum looks identical as well. Also, in the little note on the Step 1 page that says "Now that everything is converted over, your SMF installation should have all the posts, boards, and members from the installation" - the part I highlighted in red, which supposedly links to the new forum, instead links only to a page that does not exist: http://www.mydomain.com/index.php

Obviously, I did something way wrong.... So I tried again. And again. And again. And again and again and again and again and .... several times I tried changing the path to the old forum, just to see if it made a difference. It didn't....

JayBachatero

Can you please send me a PM with a link to your YaBB and SMF installations?
Follow me on Twitter

Suzuko

practical

Quote from: JayBachatero on October 25, 2006, 02:37:26 PM
Basically you don't have to worry about those errors.  It's just caused by data left behind for when you delete a board in YaBB.

Hi Jay. Thanks for the info. 
So I'd be pretty much set, if the converter then went on to import all the topics into the board, which it didn't do for some reason...
Any ideas?

Also, the conversion process 'deleted' the first letters of all the Board and Category names, which isn't that big a proble. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

Cartoon

I have some legacy boards froma YaBB forum that I would like to import into SMF. Just the messages, no users, not anything else. Is that possible? Any hints before I try to hack it to pieces? Can the converter pick out just the boards?

JayBachatero

Quote from: practical on October 27, 2006, 11:14:29 AM
Quote from: JayBachatero on October 25, 2006, 02:37:26 PM

Hi Jay. Thanks for the info. 
So I'd be pretty much set, if the converter then went on to import all the topics into the board, which it didn't do for some reason...
Any ideas?

Also, the conversion process 'deleted' the first letters of all the Board and Category names, which isn't that big a proble. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

I'll have to look more into this.  About the converter chopping off the first two letters I know the reason so that.  For some reason the board that I converter had qq~ then the board named to I thought it was a YaBB thing.  Email me your forum.master and forum.control files.

Cartoon it can be done but the problem would be assigning the posts to the users.
Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: