News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] Yabb - 2.1

Started by JayBachatero, October 24, 2006, 12:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

practical

JayBachatero

Ok thanks.  I'll take a look at it later on tonight when I get home from work.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

JayBachatero

! Replace ~qq and ~qw using str_replace() instead of substr. (yabb21_to_smf.php)
! Removed call to an undefined function causing modified post to have the wrong date. (yabb21_to_smf.php)

I'll commit these changes tomorrow and regenerate the download page.  In the mean time you can use the file attached in the first post.
Follow me on Twitter

Cartoon

Quote from: JayBachatero on October 27, 2006, 09:55:06 PM
Cartoon it can be done but the problem would be assigning the posts to the users.

How it looks in yabb is that the user is mapped to Guest. So it looks like a Guest posted it. That would be OK for me.

It is likely not a very much needed feature, but it is for an archive of old forums from another discontinued board. So it is just the information there that would be nice to have.

If it is non-trivial to use your converter,maybe I should look for some yabb->XML converter, then I could but it into some CMS system.

JayBachatero

It can be done actually.  I'll see if I get some time and write something up.
Follow me on Twitter

k1r4xx

Hey all. When i try to convert from Yabb 2.1 to SMF it gives me this error. And then it stop someone plz help me thank you in advance.
Warning: file($boarddir/Variables/Settings.pl): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lafamili/public_html/forum/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 94

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/lafamili/public_html/forum/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 95
Converting membergroups...
Warning: file($boarddir/Variables/membergroups.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lafamili/public_html/forum/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 116

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/lafamili/public_html/forum/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 117
Successful.
Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:
ALTER TABLE `lafamili_smf1`.smf_members
DROP PRIMARY KEY,
CHANGE COLUMN ID_MEMBER ID_MEMBER mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default 0;
Caused the error:

Can't DROP 'PRIMARY'; check that column/key exists

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

njoker555

where is the convert.php file at?  i downloaded the file from the first post and only yabb21_to_smf.php file is there, no convert.php file, cant convert without it  :(
Gamers Forum << PR3 forum WebZ Junk Blog << PR3 Blog ZenPix Blog

njoker555

nvm i got it this time, dont know why it wasnt there before, but anyway, im still getting an error

QuoteConverting...

Warning: file($boarddir/Variables/Settings.pl) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/njoker55/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 94

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/njoker55/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 95
Converting membergroups...
Warning: file($boarddir/Variables/membergroups.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/njoker55/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 116

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/njoker55/public_html/smf/yabb21_to_smf.php on line 117
Successful.
Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:
ALTER TABLE `njoker55_smf`.smf_members
DROP PRIMARY KEY,
CHANGE COLUMN ID_MEMBER ID_MEMBER mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default 0;
Caused the error:

Can't DROP 'PRIMARY'; check that column/key exists

dont know what to do

JayBachatero

It's not finding the Settings.pl file.  Make sure that you overwrite the files you have before not resume.
Follow me on Twitter

njoker555

Quote from: JayBachatero on November 08, 2006, 11:49:08 PM
It's not finding the Settings.pl file.  Make sure that you overwrite the files you have before not resume.

how would i do that?  overwrite wat files <-- me is confused lol

JayBachatero

The Settings.pl is located in your yabb dir.  The files to overwrite are the ones you downloaded.  Also make sure that the paths are correct.  Case matters for the dir names and such.
Follow me on Twitter

njoker555

yea the dirs are corrent, /home/user/public_html/yabb2   of course username goes in place of user, it can read it, but i dont know why it cant find Settings.pl, i still dont get what files to overwrite lol, the yabb21_to_smf.php ??

JayBachatero

Yes the yabb21_to_smf.php and convert.php.
Follow me on Twitter

njoker555

lol do i have to look through the whole thing, i searched Settings.pl in yabb21_to_smf.php, it seems to be fine, what should it look like tho?

JayBachatero

njoker555 I uploaded a new yabb21_to_smf.php converter.  This one should work for you.  Look at the first post in this topic.
Follow me on Twitter

njoker555

thanks a lot man, im so freaking busy right now, gonna try again as soon as possible, may not get to try it until this weekend :(, thanks again :D

njoker555

still got an error, something about a line 678, im tried to fix it, dont know what im doing lol, but help would be nice, help appreciated

thats the message i get, everything else is successful, except that

JayBachatero

Don't worry about that error.  Those are errors from boards that have been deleted.  I'll see if I do something not to show those errors.
Follow me on Twitter

njoker555

ok thanks, but i did go on with the conversion, not all the boards and posts got converted, but the members did, so thats good news, the yabb site is www.vitality.ej.am/yabb2 and the converted smf is www.vitality.ej.am/smf

those are just my test links, im testing them all first before i do it with the actual one, as u can see, only the first 5 boards were converted

Advertisement: