Quote from: naitram on January 29, 2007, 02:07:52 PM
ok, started from a clean install again,

found the error in the echo statemens in Step12

', $actualPosts, ' out of ', $_SESSION['totalPosts'], '
have been assigned to the correct member.';

changed to

', $_SESSION['actualPosts'], ' out of ', $_SESSION['totalPosts'], '
have been assigned to the correct member.';

Yup the exact typo that I was thinking about :P.

Quote from: naitram on January 29, 2007, 03:27:02 PM
followup issues found

ID_MEMBER not linked in smf_polls table

all boards default to posts not counting towards post total
Got an example?  I don't really get what you mean in the second part.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

naitram

if i go into admin and modify a board this following option

Count Posts
Makes new replies and topics raise members' post counts.

this is not checked by default

heckuvanoob

Quote from: fro on November 23, 2006, 10:26:32 PM
I enabled attachments in YaBB a few days ago without installing any mods.

There's only a few attachments, so I can add them by editing a few posts. So I just added  return; at the beginning of convertStep13(). Is that ok, or will that break something else?

At least the script completed and the messages are converted. Polls were not included, but that's not a big problem.

I am having the very same issue.  can you tell me where I should put the return;?   

JayBachatero

Quote from: naitram on January 30, 2007, 09:40:40 AM
if i go into admin and modify a board this following option

Count Posts
Makes new replies and topics raise members' post counts.

this is not checked by default
I'll look into that again.  I thought I had fixed this.  In regards to the polls.  What do you mean?

Quote from: heckuvanoob on January 30, 2007, 12:30:19 PM
Quote from: fro on November 23, 2006, 10:26:32 PM
I enabled attachments in YaBB a few days ago without installing any mods.

There's only a few attachments, so I can add them by editing a few posts. So I just added  return; at the beginning of convertStep13(). Is that ok, or will that break something else?

At least the script completed and the messages are converted. Polls were not included, but that's not a big problem.

I am having the very same issue.  can you tell me where I should put the return;?   
That post is kinda old.  Try the new converter that I uploaded.
Follow me on Twitter

naitram

Quote from: JayBachatero on January 30, 2007, 07:18:11 PM

I'll look into that again.  I thought I had fixed this.  In regards to the polls.  What do you mean?

if you look in the database when you create a new poll you will see the ID and the username of the person who created. on the converted poll the ID is alwasy 0 i cant find any negative imapct to this in my testing.

i'd grab some more specific info for you but as of last night i no longer have access to my test system.

JayBachatero

I'll look into fixing this later on when I get home from school.  I wonder where I messed up >_<.
Follow me on Twitter

naitram

i think the same logic for "linking" posts to members could be used for the polls as wel

JayBachatero

It's a tricky one actually.  Took me a while to get it "working" when I first added the poll conversion to the converter.
Follow me on Twitter

naitram

if all goes well i'll have my new system up this weekend and may have some time to run some more tests for you before i cut over my production site

JayBachatero

Ok sounds good.  I'll try to have something for you to test on soon.
Follow me on Twitter

TuhaTom

Hey JayBachatero, just wanted to say thanks!  If it wasnt for guys like you taking the time out of your personal life to work on stuff like this, it just wouldnt be possible.  My conversion from Yabb 2.1 was perfect, went without a hitch.   8)   Cheers!

Sir_Trout

Yes What Tom said!  Thanks a whole bunch Jay!!  I have been having so much fun with SMF I forgot to say thanks!  It's so much better then Yabb I can't believe it. 

And for any of you want to convert from Yabb and it doesn't work, have patience Jay is a busy guy and does have a life outside of SMF.  You wait will be worth it.

naitram

just to echo what has already been said, thanks for the time and effort you put into this converter.

i upgraded my production site this past weekend 3000+ users 160000+ posts and the response from my members has been extremely positive.

i did have some problems with the attachments piece of the conversion and had to do alot of the SQL updates by hand. non-image attachments were to entering "0" for height and width the null values were causing errors.

but when all was said and done we are up and running on SMF and everyone is happy

TTLNTL

Hi
I seem to be having a problem in getting the converter to find the hxxp:settings.pl [nonactive]
The YaBB forum is on one website and I am trying to convert the files to a SMF which is on a second website at a different address with a different ISP - is this possible?

If it is, can someone suggest what the path is likely to be - I seem to have tried all permutations - Thanks John  

naitram

needs to be on the same filesystem

TTLNTL

Thanks for the above - got that sorted now.

Started to convert the records and this error message appeared - has anyone got any ideas?

QuoteConverting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:
ALTER TABLE `temp`.smf_members
CHANGE COLUMN ID_MEMBER ID_MEMBER mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment PRIMARY KEY;
Caused the error:

Multiple primary key defined

oh!! - not sure how the smiley appeared - that should read [8]

JayBachatero

That error shouldn't happen since the converter will check to see if the key/column exists before adding/removing it.  Are you using the more recent convert.php right?
Follow me on Twitter

nysthul

Quote from: JayBachatero on November 17, 2006, 11:21:57 PM
Is anyone here having problems with post count not increasing when posting?

Yes we are having that issue with our board..  I read most of this thread.. is there a solution for this that I missed?

naitram

check you converted boards and see it they are configured for post to count towards post totals.

Sir_Trout

I missed this for about a week before I found it.

Under Admin, Forums, boards, Modify Boards, then each board has a "Count Posts".

Hope that helps.

-ST

Advertisement: