News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Garage Mod

Started by RRasco, October 30, 2006, 04:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRasco

I was looking around to see if there was a mod that would add a garage to each user allowing them to add a vehicle and its modifications to it.  i have one now for my phpBB board, but have not seen anything like it for SMF.  This is an absolute must for my site prior to migrating.  the one i am using also has a bunch of extras like insurance reviews, shops reviews, guestbooks, comments, timeslips.
Vehicle Management System for SMF - SMFGarage.com

warmachine

There is nothing like that available for SMF yet. However, there looks to be someone working on a garage mod for SMF: http://www.fusionscripts.com/products/ports/garage_smf/ [nofollow]

No ideas when it will be done though. This is something I would like to add to my sites as well, so your not the only one looking for a solution.
SMF Forum Admin/Owner:
W-body.com [nofollow]
TGPforums.com [nofollow]

RRasco

haha, i already gave up looking and have just began planning my own mod for this.  maybe they will beat me to it, if not i think i am still going to be writing one in the near future.

Adamzon

JayBachatero

Umm actually this one is on my todo list also.  I just don't know when I'll do it.  Also that version is paid.  If I end up doing it it would be free.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

NEMINI

wish we could clone Jay so he could do multiple things at once ... seriously though, thanks for all you have done and will do in the future Jay, I use a bunch of your mods :)
signatures are boring.

RRasco

well, if i have to end up doing it myself, ill make it available to you guys.

xinnek

***BUMP***

THIS IS A MUCH NEEDED MOD!

Mortal159

+1 i need this mod also.

very badly infact!
www.SynisterMustang.net
www.PostNoctisTees.com
www.StreetBikeTech.com

Adamzon

drhamad

Quote from: warmachine on November 08, 2006, 09:00:39 PM
There is nothing like that available for SMF yet. However, there looks to be someone working on a garage mod for SMF: http://www.fusionscripts.com/products/ports/garage_smf/

No ideas when it will be done though. This is something I would like to add to my sites as well, so your not the only one looking for a solution.

My company owns the development contract to the SMF port of that (TrapZero SO).  Unfortunately, our internal developers that have committed to doing it in the past are no longer with us.  To that end, I'm willing to discuss options for moving forward with it in a more open manner, if anyone has any ideas.  That being said, I can't simply open it up as OSS/FOSS, since the original version isn't ours.
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

NEMINI

what license is it under?
signatures are boring.

drhamad

Quote from: NEMINI on January 31, 2007, 05:00:39 PM
what license is it under?

An "if you allow the source code to this to fall into hands not authorized to see it, you die a long and horrible death" kind of license.

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6

Mortal159

so will this mod be made in the near future?
www.SynisterMustang.net
www.PostNoctisTees.com
www.StreetBikeTech.com

drhamad

Quote from: Mortal159 on January 31, 2007, 09:14:33 PM
so will this mod be made in the near future?

I'd need to work out some type of arrangement with some developers... I have none of my own available to do it.

dor

What actually needs to be done?  Like does the code need to be modified to reference something else?  Or does it need to be rewritten?  Because if it's more of referencing things, I can help do that.  But I won't be able to rewrite things, only because I don't know how too.  But I'm in for this if you need some hands!  Be good chance to learn PHP properly too!

drhamad

We'd need some serious developers... I haven't even bothered looking at it in a while, and my 2 dev's that were on it a while ago are gone now.

Basically everything has to be converted from the IPB template and db systems, to the SMF ones.  It's a decent sized job.

dor

Why don't you convert the phpBB version of it?  But anyway, given the code, I'd do it!

drhamad

Quote from: dor on February 01, 2007, 07:46:50 PM
Why don't you convert the phpBB version of it?  But anyway, given the code, I'd do it!

Either way...  

Eva

This would be an excellent (and needed) mod!

RRasco

check out http://www.smfgarage.com me and my brother have teamed up with poyntesm who is the original author of phpBB garage.  we have began development on this and will be hopefully be done in the near future.  although we dont have a time frame yet the SMF version of my own site cannot exist until this module is finished.

fgoc

need a garage mod!!!!!!! nice to see at least one in dev - keep up the good work!!

Mortal159

any updates on when this will be developed?
www.SynisterMustang.net
www.PostNoctisTees.com
www.StreetBikeTech.com

KGIII

See their link - they have a domain setup for it.

My PC Support Forum
Please ask in-thread before PMing
                   SMF Help
                   Visit My Blog

How can we improve the support process?:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=163533.0

SMF vs. Godzilla? Who do you think will win?

VWPowered

garage works well on my site

www.retrovw.fr

top work chaps
76 Scirocco Mk1 1.1 TS
83 LT 2.4D Lutonbox
87 Golf Mk2 1.6 GTD

www.retrovw.fr

Jump1979man

Im wondering why this mod never really has been kept up to date with the new versions of smf......seems it is a popular mod.

dry3210

Quote from: Jump1979man on March 24, 2010, 08:26:08 AM
Im wondering why this mod never really has been kept up to date with the new versions of smf......seems it is a popular mod.

Agreed.  We currently use it but plan on upgrading soon hopefully and it will be disappointing to not be able to use this then.

kizer

Yep I own a Jeep website and I'm sure my members would enjoy throwing in all of their data.
Own a Jeep? Links4Jeeps.com

drhamad

It is by no means a perfect solution, but I just started using profile fields with SMF2.

KensonPlays

Quote from: drhamad on March 26, 2010, 03:47:30 AM
It is by no means a perfect solution, but I just started using profile fields with SMF2.
That works...

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

fiestalunatic

is this garage version compatible with 1.1.11?

ProtoGT

Quote from: fiestalunatic on September 22, 2010, 02:03:00 AM

I got it working on 1.1.11 without any problems, looking for addons such as to feature a random vehicle on simple portal.

dsantana

Quote from: Adamzon on November 21, 2006, 05:36:35 PM
Im interested !!!!  :D :D :D :-X
I'm interested too... Will donate $ to get this fired up!!! I really need this mod to keep things flowing faster on my boating site!!!
SMF 2.0 | VJB2.0 Custom Theme | Simple Portal 2.3.3

Stigmartyr

Quote from: ProtoGT on October 19, 2010, 03:33:33 PM
Quote from: fiestalunatic on September 22, 2010, 02:03:00 AM

I got it working on 1.1.11 without any problems, looking for addons such as to feature a random vehicle on simple portal.

Sucking Futs - it only works in 1.1.1 >_<

Stigmartyr

How much $$$ to either get you started again RRasco or sell the mod to me so we can see this move forward.

carlosdelarco

hi!!!

I just downloaded and installed 2.2 from www.smfgarage.com Garage Mod. The installation was successful but when trying to use it I get this error when adding pictures:

The database value you're Trying to insert does not exist: attach_thumb_width

Any idea how to fix this? I tried to access the Garage SMF forum but the forum does not work.

Thanks!

Advertisement: