News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Jomla + SMF using different charsets...

Started by Treviño, October 31, 2006, 08:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treviño

Hello I get a Joomla using an iso-8859-x encoding (and I can't change it :o), while SMF uses the UTF-8; so there are problems when I try to login from Joomla, becouse there's a different encoding...

The solution I've found, is that of editing the mod_smf_login.php file in the Joomla Bridge (modules folder), adding on line 205 the code accept-charset="UTF-8" into the <form ... /> tag...
Now it seems to work; Maybe it's also possible to read from joomla the encoding used by SMF and using that instead?  :o

Bye

Kindred

why don't you just change the charset of Joomla to utf-8?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Treviño

I've tried that... But there's no way to make it working... :(
If you look the html code (hxxp:www.studenti.fi.it/Jindex.php [nonactive] or hxxp:www.studenti.fi.it/index.php [nonactive]) all seems to be in UTF-8, but the browsers encode it as Iso-8859-x... :(

Advertisement: