SMF 1.0 Beta 6 Released to Charter Members

Started by David, June 15, 2004, 01:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hyapadi

uhm... i don`t really understand the license very well. But is the license allow me to use it for commercial purpose such as put banner ?

Peter Duggan

Assuming you're asking if you can add commercial banners to your forum (?), yes, you can do that! Where the licence is most restrictive is regarding distribution (no further distribution without written consent, and none at all for payment) and copyright (no removal of the copyright notices whatsoever).

klumy

Quote from: Overseer on July 23, 2004, 09:14:33 AM

SMF was designed to be better... it has had the advantage of being able to review the competition  ;)

you are right, but SMF Final isn't still released, so the other forum software still have a little advantage, because they are already out in Final stadium.

Vinoth

Quote from: klumy on July 25, 2004, 05:31:20 AM
Quote from: Overseer on July 23, 2004, 09:14:33 AM

SMF was designed to be better... it has had the advantage of being able to review the competition  ;)

you are right, but SMF Final isn't still released, so the other forum software still have a little advantage, because they are already out in Final stadium.

We are better than their final release i think , when the final is released we  would be the BEST
Vinoth And Sachin ( SpecHackers Team )
The Best  Way to Help Poor Is not Becoming One Of Them.

Fizzy

Quote from: SpecHackers on July 26, 2004, 11:40:13 AM
when the final is released we  would be the BEST

I think that is in no small part down to the fact the Dev Team have set themselves very high standards and are managing to surpass them.

Commendable. If only commercial software was this well tested, let alone free software.
I am truly convinced that when SMF goes Final it will send shock waves throughout the forum scripting fraternity, which I guess is why I have held on for this long. I know good Fu when I see it ;)
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

TaGBaN

Very well said Fizzy. I love my SMF Boards, and you can to! Just gotta visit em! Hah, but anyway, if you want to get good support, and faster releases, shell out some cash, even at minimum wage, the money they're asking for is less than a days work. Its really not that much... And yes, I am a student, I work in the school cafeteria @ 5.15/hr parttime. It more than covers my expenses (Parties, housing, and SMF) ^^.

~TaG

compa

being impressed by SMF (and the smooth transit from IPB) i would consider to 'shell out some cash', but first the upcoming change from IPB->SMF this weekend and something like a month of stable posts etc.

First impression is being impressed (as said), but i've still got to see it hangin' tight with users and all stressing and liking it ...

TaGBaN

Well, check out this board itself, Its very speedy and look at all the users. Its obviously very stable, and fast. If you think its just this board, maybe visit some other members, my boards don't get TONS of traffic, but you can feel free to browse around: http://www.bnet.cc  just click Forums

I'm currently trying to write my php avatar mod. Where you can pick from a few select pictures, and have an avatar made with your name on it using pure PHP. Its really not that hard. If anyone else already has one, I'd be interested to look at it, as I am not a good programmer. :)

Any examples of this type of avatar usage can be seen on sites like Blizzard, and various others, where your avatar's 'border' changes based on your rank, or something like that.

compa

waterscouting.com and the sony-cybercam im on run on phpbb and they're happy about it ... doesn't mean i would if i were admin over there ... so like i said ... just want to see for myself ...

jpaq

Is it possible to get a copy of the changelog.txt that would have come with Beta 6?

Tomer

Quote from: jpaq on August 04, 2004, 02:13:43 PM
Is it possible to get a copy of the changelog.txt that would have come with Beta 6?

It was already given to public, do a search for 'changelog', and you will find it.

jpaq

I already did a search and was not able to find it at all...  :-\

Vinoth

what is the use of the txt file u asked??

Peter Duggan

Quote from: whtgoogle on August 06, 2004, 06:03:50 AM
what is the use of the txt file u asked??

It's a *changelog*, so it logs the changes from the previous version! ::)

Vinoth

Thanx a lot peter, so i can find out what is out in new version from the old one.

zillion

..or not, as the case may be!
"The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."
:'(

Daniel D.

jpaq

So are you saying that you are intentionally not allowing public access to the change log?  That's fine if you are, but I would just like clarification on the policy...

If not, would you mind posting it here for us?

Daniel D.

I'm in the team but I don't know what I can post and what I can't. It's annoying - maybe funny for you, but I don't understand it, too.

Advertisement: