Get To Know The Team: IchBin™

Started by IchBin™, October 13, 2006, 11:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGamer

IchBin™

Quote from: Bloc on November 11, 2006, 01:56:03 PM
Was it bigger-than-life questions then..? :) Or just stuff that no-one knew..?

I have experienced something similar in 1987-88 when I was in the army. We had get togehter late at night, the talk got into the unknown stuff, a table was setup and the glass actually moved by itself.. :P Was just that one occasion though. Tried several nights to get them to try again, but no luck.  :)
It was just your basic stuff, like asking names. I made my friend look up at the ceiling to make sure he was moving it himself while it spelled a couple of words. Just a mind boggling experience.

Quote from: Amacythe on November 12, 2006, 04:11:15 PM
Now that you're on the team... any regrets?

My only regret is that I haven't been able to invest the time I want into becoming an actual "coder". The Team is a fantastic group of people and I know it's something I'll never regret or forget.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

copter

IchBin™

Justyne

Quote from: IchBin™ on November 11, 2006, 08:57:17 AM
@Aaron  You know, I love Sci-Fi, but I've never watched that movie. Everytime I wanna get an episode in just to see what its about the wife takes over the TV with her pre-recorded episodes of Dr. Phil and Oprah.... lol.  I really dig the Stargate series and Lost though. :)

Ooooh fellow stargate fan. Shiny!

Atlantis or SG1? Aaaaaaand favourite character on the show?
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

IchBin™

I actually enjoy both of them. I really got ticked off when this last season ended so abruptly after like 6 episodes...  I think my favorite would be Jack in SG1. With his dry sense of humor, and his playing dumb all the time when he doesn't understand the sci-fi babble cracks me up. Fav character on Atlantis would have to be Ronin. Ronin = one bad mofo.

Justyne

The new Atlantis episode was awesome. (they are airing them in Canada already apparently) I loved having Jack back for an episode. I miss him so much on SG-1, and no amount of Ben Browder and Claudia Black make up for this, even though I loved frelling Farscape. Definitely Jack for the win. And Daniel. Gotta love archaeologists. (I am a big fan of Indiana Jones as well).
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

IchBin™

Well I'm not really up on the seasons like that, so thank you for that info. I must now see if I can find the episodes to view from some friends. :)

HoTmetal

So you played Medal of Honor... What was your screen name? Were you in a clan?
Mine was {cGs}aKa_player

SleePy

Quote from: Rickc on December 03, 2006, 11:38:42 PM
So you played Medal of Honor... What was your screen name? Were you in a clan?
Mine was {cGs}aKa_player
I think I have heard of you guys.. you might know me...
Mine is LcT|Webmaster|SleePy, was also -=DSM=-Sleepy ;)

I would like to know this as well IchBin... Which is a weird name as it is meaning I am in german.. I am what? 
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Gobo

do you wear boxers or tighty whities or commando?

lol

IchBin™

I played on a team Call Tactical Massacre (Hence the ™ on my name). Still do actually, just not actively. :) I do remember both you guys clan tags though. In Medal of Honor I think I used the game name Orulious™.

Aku, as for the personal prefs for underwear I wear tight stuff. I like things snug. :)

DefStatic

I am a diabetic. Type 1. Sorry to hear about your brother. I myself was only a day or so from dying due to complications once. Put me in the hospital for a week. I also have 4 siblings who were adopted as well.

If you don't wish to talk about it, I understand. But I was wondering what exactly happened with your brother. Was he unaware he was a diabetic? Was his diabetes more dangerous than average? Was he much older than you? Or did he die due to organ damage related to diabetes?

Again, sorry to hear about your brother. Perhaps his tragedy can bring additional awareness to the community. I now volunteer to speak with diabetics about the all to real risks of not paying proper attention to diabetes. Finding out you are a diabetic is a life changing experience (but it isn't bad at all if you do what you have to do). Not doing something about it can end your life experience.

IchBin™

My brother was diagnosed diabetic when he was about 8 months old. At least 2 shots a day for the rest of his life. He pretty much was in top shape for a diabetic until he hit the teenage years at which time he started to make his own decisions about the way he took care of himself. After that it was all down hill. He went blind at the age of 21 and had a kidney transplant about 3 years later. Died at the age of 28 from a massive stroke which pretty much left him brain dead. I was 20 at the time. He was a pretty unique person. His attitude and spirit about life was incredible for someone who had been through the things that he had. I don't mind talking about it. Its almost been 13 years since that happened. Feel free to ask more questions if you'd like.

Marcus J

Quote from: IchBin™ on November 10, 2006, 08:23:37 AM
Very cool! Yes, TP was actually my first home before getting involved with SMF. Been there almost since Bloc started it. I haven't met too many people online from Utah, so good to meet you. :)

I've not to many either.  That's why I was happy to see that you were also a Utah Man.  (Hidden U of U plug there)

I love SMF, and TP.  I'm grateful to you, and people like you who share so much knowledge with those of us like me who know next to nothing.

:)

IchBin™

Red through and through Mookey. :)
Quote from: Mookey on December 10, 2006, 06:21:37 PM

I love SMF, and TP.  I'm grateful to you, and people like you who share so much knowledge with those of us like me who know next to nothing.

:)

We all start somewhere. And believe me, I still feel like I'm at the beginning of this. lol

Crip

Hey Ich,
good to know you don't wear girl stuff..Lol.. ;) :P
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

RebelRose

What did happen at the ouija board? Your not telling are you  ::)

IchBin™

Nah, nothing drastic. Just freaky. Can't really explain it, its kind of one of those things where you had to be there to know. I'm a god fearing man today nonetheless. :)

Skhilled

Well, the things you find out snooping around smf! I didn't even know you were on the team. Congrats!

Advertisement: