News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Problems with smf bridge

Started by jdog, November 09, 2006, 05:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdog

site is http://houseoffilm.com [nofollow], smf rc3 and orstios bridge

I am using the joomla login, which I wannna remain using since the bridge login doesn't look too appealing.

When registering through joomla login, it all works fine and you can login to joomla. However, when you go to the bridged forums and try logging it, it goes to the page with another login box and said 'security has been changed' etc, but once you login again everything goes normal. This is very strange, any answers?

Orstio

QuoteI am using the joomla login, which I wannna remain using since the bridge login doesn't look too appealing.

The Joomla login module will not log you into SMF.  Joomla has no way to send the login information to SMF.

QuoteHowever, when you go to the bridged forums and try logging it, it goes to the page with another login box and said 'security has been changed' etc, but once you login again everything goes normal. This is very strange, any answers?

Joomla uses MD5 password hashing.  SMF can understand this, and validate accordingly, but then SMF wants to write a SMF SHA1 password into its own database.  So, it tells the user to login again so it can rewrite the password in as SHA1.  This behaviour is expected and perfectly normal.

jdog

I would use the bridge login if it looked a little better...are there any easy ways to make it look nicer??

Kindred

play around with mod_smf_login.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: