SMF Shop?

Started by sensovision, September 02, 2003, 04:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

do you like this idea?

yeah, it's cool
nope, it's useless
no opinion

BiErLeEuW

item shop was an idea of me for yabbse :) but it was too much work for unknown because he was working on SMF

Perfect Spawn

is there anyone working on this?

i've seen this in phpbb.

People get points from posting and creating topics.

And there was a bank (with Stock Exchange)

and Lottery

and people could donate points to other members

sensovision

any news about shop yet?

Ben_S

[Unknown] has said he will do it, once SMF is done.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

sensovision

cool:) thanks for update Ben!

SMUserGT

i hope it does get done! :D :)

Knippy

That's totally awesome d00d T'CHYAH!

Gimme Noggin

Elijah Bliss

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 02, 2003, 09:00:17 PM
Haha... but it works.

I will be making an itemshop mod, if I continue to have some time available to me.... and it will not require that much change to make it real money.

-[Unknown]

This mod sounds cool and something I can use big-time, but will you include an option to sell items in with real money without having to use this points rewards system so the admin can actually make a profit?

Knippy

Quote from: Elijah Bliss on September 15, 2004, 02:14:49 AM
Haha... but it works.

I will be making an itemshop mod, if I continue to have some time available to me.... and it will not require that much change to make it real money.

-[Unknown]

Some people may be hesitant on losing money just to  make your username glow, etc.. It's a fun thing to do but I don't see why you need to involve real money.
This mod sounds cool and something I can use big-time, but will you include an option to sell items in with real money without having to use this points rewards system so the admin can actually make a profit?

Elijah Bliss

Quote from: Knippy on September 15, 2004, 10:53:27 AM
Haha... but it works.

-[Unknown]

Some people may be hesitant on losing money just to  make your username glow, etc.. It's a fun thing to do but I don't see why you need to involve real money.

I understand that [Unknown] will make this "real money" compatible so to speak, I probably didn't phrase my question well. I was getting at what options and features were going to be available, such as paypal, etc.

I have quite a few craftsmen and indy artists in my forum who could benefit from a mod like this, taking advantage of the traffic I get and selling their products and music, so this is not just about a "greedy admin taking money from members"

[Unknown] is a very thorough guy, so I'm pretty sure he has most if not all bases covered.

[Unknown]

Well, I wonder about offering indie downloads for like "points", where you could buy points.

Then, you could sell things for even just a couple dollars, and still have it be reasonable.  They put out a $20 and can buy like 8 things or something.

Hmm... so I guess that would be related to the downloads system... hmmm...

-[Unknown]

Elijah Bliss

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 15, 2004, 04:28:20 PM
Well, I wonder about offering indie downloads for like "points", where you could buy points.

Then, you could sell things for even just a couple dollars, and still have it be reasonable.  They put out a $20 and can buy like 8 things or something.

Hmm... so I guess that would be related to the downloads system... hmmm...

-[Unknown]

Wow, I wasn't even thinking about downloadable music, just the physical CD, but that sounds really good too if you can pull that off.

I have some women in my forum that also make and sell quilts and blankets. I can see how this mod can help them out because they tend to get lost in the mix on ebay.

Knippy

Haha... but it works.

-[Unknown]

Hmmm I remember posting content...? Oh well

I dont think real money would be a good idea due to the official channels and stuff.. people can be cheated; never got the check, person stops payment on check, etc.. it goes on forever.. Thats why you shouldn't do a lot of payment on the internet. I only bought one thing .. and that was a godaddy domain.

roboter88

I think a shop system which is free and  as an MOD for SMF would kick ass!

Atm the only "ok" solution for Free is OSCommerce Shop - but its very complex and the most is just not nessassary.
Also their are tools which let you administrate the Shop DB over a clientsite software eg. faktura.

I like to see such a shop or MOD with SMF code :P

Also you can build a professionel version which is for charter members and contains unlimited articels....FREE version needs at least 100 articels.

cheers

Anguz

Quote from: roboter88 on September 16, 2004, 11:04:59 AM
Atm the only "ok" solution for Free is OSCommerce Shop - but its very complex and the most is just not nessassary.

There's also Zen Cart, but knowing the SMF's code and the way the developers work, I agree that a Simple Machines' e-commerce solution would be a lot cooler.
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Elijah Bliss

Quote from: Knippy on September 16, 2004, 10:41:12 AM
Haha... but it works.

-[Unknown]

Hmmm I remember posting content...? Oh well

I dont think real money would be a good idea due to the official channels and stuff.. people can be cheated; never got the check, person stops payment on check, etc.. it goes on forever.. Thats why you shouldn't do a lot of payment on the internet. I only bought one thing .. and that was a godaddy domain.

I think people are making this too complicated. This shouldn't be an "e-commerce mod" I propose that the Shop Mod handles calculations only, puts them in a form, and send those calculations to Paypal. Paypal can handle the rest. As far as your concern with people cheating on the points reward system that is why I asked for the option for sellers to disable that feature if they wanted to sell their products straight up.

roboter88

I think the best pay option for the internet is to pay before shipping.....
All you need is a logical calculation for shipping to everywhere....

Cause i and my customer needs a paypal account and requirements for this is a credit card(correct me if im wwrong).
Also mybe i dont want to feed paypal?

atoti

The funny thing is that this topic has now been a year in running and no success yet. Is  it still being worked on? Honestly SMF is the best forum software ever. Anyways i just want to know how long i have to wait for this particular mod
i gat scriptures in ma brain, i cud spit it thru rain.
u know not to throw stones if u live in a glass house
n if u gat a glass jaw, u betta watch ur mouth
cuz i will wreck ur face.

[Unknown]

Quote from: atoti on September 19, 2004, 01:49:08 AM
The funny thing is that this topic has now been a year in running and no success yet. Is  it still being worked on? Honestly SMF is the best forum software ever. Anyways i just want to know how long i have to wait for this particular mod

Well, feel free to work on it then.  I don't have time right now.

-[Unknown]

atoti

Quote from: [Unknown] on September 19, 2004, 01:52:45 AM
Quote from: atoti on September 19, 2004, 01:49:08 AM

Well, feel free to work on it then.  I don't have time right now.

-[Unknown]

How long do u think its gonna take?
n how does one start a package server?
jus askin, prolly might get to work on it
but no promises.
i gat scriptures in ma brain, i cud spit it thru rain.
u know not to throw stones if u live in a glass house
n if u gat a glass jaw, u betta watch ur mouth
cuz i will wreck ur face.

Advertisement: