News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

True Postcount

Started by Justyne, June 16, 2004, 11:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justyne

I have a question about the postcount...

usually if I delete a post somewhere on the board someone's post count gets decreased. I always found that illogical... as the person still made 100 posts even if I delete one and you can only see 99 on the board and the other thing is that I have certain rights on my board locked with the post count.. And it makes it a bit complicated that everytime when I clean out old topics the member rights shift throughout the board.

Is that something that could be changed easily? I am really useless at coding.. so I as usual have no idea how to do that myself.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Grudge

I was always under the impression that "pruning" the board shouldn't change a users post count - but deleting their post should (As normally you delete a post because it was a waste of time and hence they shouldn't get credit for it). Surely if you delete a useless post from someone they shouldn't still be credited with the post?
I'm only a half geek really...

Justyne

On single posts I agree... but when I am deleting topics it is a bit annoying...

cause most of them aren't useless... but we are a hogwarts roleplay... and it just causes confusion if I have a 37 lessons in the potions board when only one of them is active... It confuses people all the time and then even though the topics are closed the gms and admins get bombarded with stupid questions... and when I then delete the lessons I have to reorganise the member groups..

Oldiesmann

I've mentioned this a couple of other places, but here it is again:

In Sources/RemoveTopic.php

Find:
function removeTopics($topics, $decreasePostCount = true, $ignoreRecycling = false)
{

Replace:
function removeTopics($topics, $decreasePostCount = false, $ignoreRecycling = false)
{
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Justyne

nil

Tho other thing you could do is move those topics to an archive board and that way its still there if want that info later or for people to search through and not ask previously answered questions.

Advertisement: