News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

cbi v0.5 (Custom Board Icons)

Started by Bigguy, November 11, 2006, 11:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Lay your mouse over the board name and then look in the bottom left corner of your browser. You will see the board url. It has a number on the end of it...that is the board id. Once you have the board id then you now know the name of one of the folders you have to put the on and off .png files. The rest is in the readme of the mod. :)

KahneFan

Will there be a version for 2.0b4, or will you be waiting for 2.0RC1?
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Antechinus

It shouldn't be that hard to adapt the code for 2. As for upgrading the mod, considering how close RC1 is there would be little point playing with a 2b4 version.

KahneFan

Quote from: antechinus on January 08, 2009, 10:09:40 PM
...considering how close RC1 is...

[all together now] HOW - CLOSE - IS - IT?[/all together now] :D

(note:  I know there's no answer to that question)

Antechinus

There is only an internal target. If I told you I'd have to kill you. :)

KahneFan

Quote from: antechinus on January 08, 2009, 10:51:35 PM
...If I told you I'd have to kill you. :)

Then I'd never get a chance to use RC1... nah, don't tell me :p

Bigguy

I have a working copy for 2b4 but it does something freaky to the text on the forum for some reason so I did not release it. I am still playing and after I get that fixed I will release something for SMF 2.0 rc1 after it comes out.

fext

Can someone help me with the edits for my theme?

This is my theme - its built with pure CSS and not tables :(

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=382

Really appreciate the help on this - great looking mod and would love to have it for my site :)

Bigguy

I'm really not sure how this mod would work with only css.

fext

Quote from: Bigguy on January 13, 2009, 01:51:15 PM
I'm really not sure how this mod would work with only css.

Well I looked at it and thought instead of the Table code you could change those to list code - if you take a look at the Theme files and comepare with the edits of this mod - I don't see how it would need to change alot but then i don't want to mess with code and mess up my site.

Any ideas?

Bigguy

Not really right now, but I will take a quick look into it when I get back to this mod. It won't be real soon though as I have another project in the works.

Forgotten_1

Does this work with SMF 2.0 Beta 4 yet?

KahneFan

Quote from: antechinus on January 08, 2009, 10:09:40 PM
It shouldn't be that hard to adapt the code for 2. As for upgrading the mod, considering how close RC1 is there would be little point playing with a 2b4 version.

See answer from above

Technoman

ok i left for awile .... im back now  :P

just installed smf 1.1.7

would love to have ficons or icons for different forum cateogories

so if possiable can there be a update on this mod BIG GUY

TurtleKicker

Well, for the record I did read all 23 pages of this thread. ;)

Anyhow... I still have some questions:

1) I'm on SMF 1.1.7 and am unclear on which version of CBI I should be installing. I've seen some people on 1.1.x state that they installed CBI15 and no one saying anything wrong about that, yet the main page for this mod states "cbi 1.5 is ONLY for SMF 2.0" and if I try to install 1.5 it fails on 2 files, while 1.0a installs without error.

2) When I install 1.0a (again, on SMF 1.1.7) the default icons vanish and I see the text "New posts" or "No new posts" in their place. From what I read in this thread, that should not happen... according to the info in this thread, the mod should revert to the default icons automatically if no per-forum icon set is present. I don't want to be forced to have to recreate all my icon sets up-front, or before I create a new board. The stated behavior would be ideal, but the actual behavior is problematic.

Bigguy

1.0a is the version you want. check all the edits to make sure they were all added right. :)

TurtleKicker

Quote from: Bigguy on January 29, 2009, 04:56:09 AM
1.0a is the version you want. check all the edits to make sure they were all added right. :)
Well they seem to be added right, apply with "test successful" on both files, no errors, but it's still not working. I've tried applying them several times now.

Here are the files (after applying CBI10a)

Bigguy

Have you put the icons in the right spot, cleared your cache and are you using .png images. ???

TurtleKicker

Quote from: Bigguy on January 29, 2009, 05:28:54 PM
Have you put the icons in the right spot, cleared your cache and are you using .png images. ???

Not yet but read my question #2. The original icons should show until I make the replacement ones. The problem is, after installing the mod the originals disappear.

This runs contrary to the appropriate behavior as stated several times in this thread. For example, on page 6 you clearly state yourself:

QuoteNothing is done to the default icons. If the new custom ones aren't there then the default are supposed to show.

That's not what's happening.

Bigguy

Post your url or PM it to me and I will see whats up when I get home from work.

Advertisement: