cbi v0.5 (Custom Board Icons)

Started by Bigguy, November 11, 2006, 11:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bod22

I'd love to have this mod on my forum but I can't make it work. :( I want to have it on my custom theme. I try to manually change "BoardIndex.template.php" and "MessageIndex.template.php" files in its folder but after this my forum crashes and looks like this:

Can you help me with this? The theme is Reseller, and its files are in the attachment if you'd like to have a look.

Bigguy

Are these edited files or are these clean with no edits from cbi mod. ??

bod22

Bigguy

I'm so sorry man, I forgot about this. I will see what I can do now for you.

Bigguy

Here, try these, they should work fine.

bod22

Unfortunately, nothing has changed. ;/ It's still the same like in the screen above.

Bigguy

It has to have changed. Have you cleared forum and browser cache. ??

bod22

I did it but still the same. I've sent you a link to my forum, perhaps it may help.

Bigguy

I got the link and will check later. :)

bod22

I checked the mod with my other theme and the result is the same. I mean it works because I can see a changed icon when I put it in the proper place, however in both cases the forum itself is broken as you can see on the screen.

Bigguy

Is it the same with the default theme. ??

bod22

It installs without errors on default them and works perfectly. I uninstalled it and changed everything manually and again it works.

In other themes when I do the same and change boardindex and messageindex manually, the main site is a mess.

Bigguy

Hmm. I'll have to take a closer look at those theme files. Maybe it has something to do with the avatar being there that is messing things up. The theme author MIGHT have to help you out but I will see what I can do.

Bigguy

I think the problem was in the messageindex file. I have edited them again, please see if this works.

Kindred

bod22 - please provide a link to your website/forum page which shows this issue?

I'm betting it's a badly formed table or CSS
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bigguy

QuoteI'm betting it's a badly formed table or CSS
It could be. I think he was adding a bit of code twice. The same thing I did when I edited the files the first time. I think anyway, lol. Let's see what he says. :)

bod22

Quote from: Bigguy on August 08, 2018, 12:57:18 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the avatar being there that is messing things up.

I uninstalled this avatar mod and nothing has changed. I also used your newly edited files and the situation is the same as it was. ;/

Link to my forum is strefapsx.pl/forum

Bigguy

Well, the edits are pretty straight forward so I am unsure of what is going on. Maybe Kindred is onto something here.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SychO

Remove the rowspan=2 from the icon td, looking at the images, the theme in question removes that property, but the mod adds it

Ignore me if I'm wrong :P I'm just on phone
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Advertisement: