News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

cbi v0.5 (Custom Board Icons)

Started by Bigguy, November 11, 2006, 11:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurtleKicker

I'm using the FA Board Icons mod in the interim but it's very much not equivalent to this mod. The icon selection is extremely limited and is missing many icons that I'd want to use.

I'll continue to subscribe to notifications on this mod and cross my fingers that it gets updated for SMF 2.1.1

Kindred

Quote from: Dave J on March 04, 2022, 11:22:04 AMAs far as I can see, the FA mod only works with FA icons. I have a whole load of icons

ALthough it only works with Fa icons to start with, I posted how to add additional icon sets into the support thread...   (for example, I use the star wars glyphs icon set within the that mod for my test site at the moment.)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dave J

Quote from: Kindred on March 04, 2022, 02:13:28 PM
Quote from: Dave J on March 04, 2022, 11:22:04 AMAs far as I can see, the FA mod only works with FA icons. I have a whole load of icons

ALthough it only works with Fa icons to start with, I posted how to add additional icon sets into the support thread...   (for example, I use the star wars glyphs icon set within the that mod for my test site at the moment.)

Thanks Kindred I'll look into that
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

KittyGalore

Quote from: gevv on March 04, 2022, 01:00:41 PMHi,

SMF  2.1 Board Icon Mod CSS Sprite  mod adapted for SMF 2.1

You need to make detailed adjustments, but it is successful.

https://smf.konusal.com/index.php?topic=592.0

You cannot view this attachment.

icon path: /Themes/default/images/snrjicon.png

So i've been still testing this and notice some problems one is i see that there is a file Konusal-BoardIcons.english.php
But yet when in the modify board the text isn't in english it's probably Turkish. Also under the modify boards in the field boxes where you enter the background codes i can no longer remove them once i press save they stay there and don't go blank. I still haven't figured how to work this.
SMF Curve 2.0x

gevv

@KittyGalore  I tried to prepare a simple explanation. I hope it helps (my english is not good, lots of pictures :) )

1 Mod updated install new version   (thanks @Snrj )

2 Prepare your icons (64x64)

3 Upload all icons https://www.toptal.com/developers/css/sprite-generator/  (Align elements: Top-down)

4 Save icon file as snrjicon.png    and put it in images folder

5 Edit boards

Sample CSS 

General Discussion

Icon New Posts: background-position: 0px -54px;
Icon No Post: background-position: 0px -5px;

Board-2

Icon New Posts:  background-position: 0 -154px;
Icon No Post:  background-position: 0px -104px;

Board-3

Icon New Posts:  background-position: 0 -274px;
Icon No Post:  ground-position: 0 -204px;
SubBoard Icon New Posts: ground-position: 0 -254px;

Subb-1

Icon New Posts: background-position: 0px -404px;
Icon No Post: background-position: 0px -354px;

The values are increasing. You can continue with this example

ElkArte is a modern, powerful community building forum software. https://www.elkarte.net/

KittyGalore

Quote from: gevv on March 06, 2022, 03:02:58 AM@KittyGalore  I tried to prepare a simple explanation. I hope it helps (my english is not good, lots of pictures :) )

1 Mod updated install new version  (thanks @Snrj )

2 Prepare your icons (64x64)

3 Upload all icons https://www.toptal.com/developers/css/sprite-generator/  (Align elements: Top-down)

4 Save icon file as snrjicon.png    and put it in images folder

5 Edit boards

Sample CSS 

General Discussion

Icon New Posts: background-position: 0px -54px;
Icon No Post: background-position: 0px -5px;

Board-2

Icon New Posts:  background-position: 0 -154px;
Icon No Post:  background-position: 0px -104px;

Board-3

Icon New Posts:  background-position: 0 -274px;
Icon No Post:  ground-position: 0 -204px;
SubBoard Icon New Posts: ground-position: 0 -254px;

Subb-1

Icon New Posts: background-position: 0px -404px;
Icon No Post: background-position: 0px -354px;

The values are increasing. You can continue with this example

Thank you the new update to the mod and everything has worked perfect i managed to get the icons i wanted working. I know English isn't your language so i appreciate the time you took to spent trying to translate and explain everything clearly. Thank you. :)
SMF Curve 2.0x

Senkusha

Are the recent messages here a new/updated version of this mod?  Or do I have to hack and slash my way in the code to make this work for 2.1.2?

Thank you!
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade
Anime-style Role Playing Games and Discussion.
(SMF v. 2.1.4, PHP v. 8.0)

Diego Andrés

The latter, or you could use this other mod if you think is a decent alternative: https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4224

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Bigguy

Quote from: Senkusha on June 23, 2022, 01:52:14 PMOr do I have to hack and slash my way in the code to make this work for 2.1.2
This mod is not working with the current version of SMF. If/when I have time I will look into it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Senkusha

I shall eagerly await for this.  :)  Thank you for your work!
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

Antechinus

2.1 board icons are all done with CSS, so if you know how to write basic CSS you can do custom board icons quite easily. It's just a matter of adding calls for your own icons by board ID. No template hacking or hooks are necessary.

Senkusha

Oh, that's good to know!   Time to learn some basic CSS, I guess. :)
--Senkusha
The Anime Brigade

omega11

Advertisement: