News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

How this blog was created

Started by Thantos, November 14, 2006, 12:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lemming

Quote from: Zeri YT! on March 07, 2007, 08:45:30 PM
And maybe I'll release my mod for you to use, if anyone is interested. :P

;D

Neol

I have to clean up my blog code first. Maybe I'll also integrate Custom Action Mod, on which my mod relies -- I have already done that with another mod I'm working on -- and submit my mod as a package.

Either way, I'll post my mod here ;)  

Lemming

Is it much work to do that? Here you can see a test news page

I want to public this thing...but it would be great with the comment function.

Neol

Quote from: Lemming on March 08, 2007, 05:34:48 PM
Is it much work to do that? Here you can see a test news page

I want to public this thing...but it would be great with the comment function.

I think it shouldn't be much work to convert what I've done into a mod. I'm busy with another mod at the moment, though.

Besides, you use TinyPortal, which I don't (not yet, at least). I guess you can get better support at TinyPortal's site regarding adding comments to front page.

Lemming

Another option is to simply edit the theme so you have the news article and under it some small comments (like Blocs wiki style theme). Then just activate this theme for the news board. 

TinyPortal: I think it makes no difference... :) TP has a nice comment funktion but only for articles. And you can't make an article for every news. The better way is SSI. I will ask there :)

Lemming

Mh can you show me the template for these comment pages ?

Sarge

Quote from: Lemming on March 18, 2007, 11:14:39 AM
Mh can you show me the template for these comment pages ?

There's no special template for the blog. It's just the board default, which is RocketTheme Versatility II Sienna.

Please do not PM me with support requests unless I invite you to.

http://www.zeriyt.com/   ~   http://www.galeriashqiptare.net/

<H> I had zero posts when I started posting

Lemming

*Meep* Okay - no special theme. Is there any chance that you make a modification for this - or maybe just the edited files?!  :) I'm thinking about to use a special news script but an integrated solution would be better.  

Daniel15

I recently released a mod named SSI Topics and Replies... This mod should make it a lot easier to make a mod.
Basically, use ssi_boardNews (with "array" return method, and format the data yourself) for the main blog page, ssi_topic (that mod) for the "Read More" page (and comments on that page), and you have a simple blog :).
I'm going to try work on a very simple blogging system, but it may not be for a while...
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

ladynada

I also uploaded a simple blog using ssiboardnews, inside the ultiportal theme; unfortunately I am still waiting for it to be approved.

:(

nada
WORK for Truth, Print it, Take Time to READ ALL LINKS NOTED  click here --> The TWO Witnesses are Mom and Dad and SMF Skins

flame baiter

Just wondering...now that you have created this blog thingy, wouldn't it make sense to add it to SMF 2.0 as a default option? I mean, why not add this as a new feature? It seems to work fine and the code is already there...no?  [yes yes, I'm not a programmer, just a (stupid?) thought from a user...]

Dragooon

MPT.

Quote from: Dragooon on August 10, 2007, 01:32:13 PM
SMF is a forum not a blog.

So what?

The more options there are, the more SMF will be used.

It can be released as a mod.

IPB etc. have it.

Aaron

It's actually a seperate module for IP.boards, not a default feature. I don't think it should be a default feature in SMF either.

Gary

^ Agreed. So like IPB has it as a seperate optional package, I think we could do the same. SMBlog anyone. :P

-ALM
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

flame baiter

Quote from: Dragooon on August 10, 2007, 01:32:13 PM
SMF is a forum not a blog.

Then why do you use and praise it as a blog?  ::)

In that case, better not open such threads at all...

Dragooon

And when did we praised it as a Blog? SMF already god some mods that will work as good as a blog(Actually they are Blog mods :P). I never praised SMF as a blog. it is a full fleshed forum software in which a Blog can be added.

Its just like that. "Why you added chat? SMF is not for chatting"

flame baiter

Quote from: Thantos on November 14, 2006, 12:32:19 AMNow to create an actual entry all I have to do is create a topic in the blog's board and it shows up automatically.  I mean how cool is that?
QuoteNow I would like to end this by saying that this entire blog is powered by the SMF software and uses nothing other then what you get using SSI.
So remember, SMF is more then just a forum software, its a pretty kick butt framework.

=  praising SMF as a blog...    ;)

Dragooon

We are not praising it as a Blog we are using its powers as a  Blog
(Or is that the same? :P :P :P)

flame baiter

Oh well...read again, think, think harder.

You can do it, good luck.

Quote from: stokedfish on August 11, 2007, 04:24:04 AM
Quote from: Thantos on November 14, 2006, 12:32:19 AMNow to create an actual entry all I have to do is create a topic in the blog's board and it shows up automatically.  I mean how cool is that?
QuoteNow I would like to end this by saying that this entire blog is powered by the SMF software and uses nothing other then what you get using SSI.
So remember, SMF is more then just a forum software, its a pretty kick butt framework.

=  praising SMF as a blog...    ;)

Advertisement: