Strange Question really, not a problem

Started by LiquidStang, September 03, 2003, 04:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiquidStang

Does anyone have ANY idea how to decipher the Instant Message Table of the database?  I mean, if I look at that table in the MySQL Control Center........it shows some stuff, but even if I sort by username, and look at my username, it only shows random messages........ones that I have long since deleted too, and none of the ones I still have in my inbox.  I've had over 1000 IM's probably on my board, and it only shows about 30 from various times.

Anyone have any idea to read PM's through there?  And also, how do you decode the "time" field. hehe

Just curious

-Eric
Functionless Art is Simply Tolerated Vandalism

Grudge

Firstly, time field is a the in seconds epased since like 1970 or something. I'm sure you can get an easy utility to translate it if you need to (linux time basically)

The instant message table basically works by one message having both the sender and receiver ID in it. I would go from your member number not by your name incase your display name changes (I believe it's done by display name). Basically search by your member number in either ID_MEMBER_TO or FROM columns and sort by msgtime and you will get all the messages you desire. Obviously the message itself is in body
I'm only a half geek really...

[Unknown]

The MySQL function FROM_UNIXTIME() does that nicely ;).

It's done by membername.  Messages that you deleted but the sender didn't delete are left in the table until the sender deletes it as well.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: