View Single Post

Started by live627, November 14, 2006, 08:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoopinFool

Quote from: SleePy on August 25, 2009, 05:38:07 PM
Try to download the package with another browser.  As well try to upload it via FTP to your packages folder.  Then give this a try.
No, that's not it. I downloaded from the mods site various ways, uploaded to my server various ways, and verified everything using SHA1.
I'm using the url:
myforums_url/index.php?action=packages;sa=install;package=SinglePost2.0.5.tgz;version_emulate=1.1.9;sesc=xxxxxxxxxxx

I always get the same error. I may try doing a manual install, but I like the idea of being able to use the package manager to, well, manage the installed packages!

Thanks for the help,
- LoopinFool

narayanan

when I tried to install this package through my admin panel

I am getting this

The package manager currently allows only these file types: zip, tgz, tar.gz

So how to upload .tgz packages.

SleePy

LoopinFool,
I honestly don't know what to say if you have tried multiple ways to download/upload the file (thus making sure it isn't a problem with a browser/ftp client).

narayanan,
Either your browser or your operating system has appended a extra extension (as it may not liked the .tgz).  Using FTP, go to your packages folder and ensure for this package that the extension is .tgz.  You could also rename it to .tag.gz as well.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Hoodie

Quote from: An Error Has Occurred!
Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

That's what I get whenever I try to install through package manager..  When I try to open it in WinRAR, it says it can't be opened..

SleePy

Try the package again, I attached a new one.  I changed the way I package mods and a few of them got corrupted during testing (and I didn't realize they didn't update afterward).
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

dazzledark

this mod is can not being installed currently to 1.1.10 .

if i install manually it gives UNEXPECTED T_ELSEIF error.

can anybody help me?

www.meydangorusu.com

SleePy

Can you give me more details about the error?  Can you attach the file that it is reporting the error in?

Berno

I've tried to install this Mod with package Manager.

QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

PS: My Version is SMF 1.1.11

SleePy

Berno,

Due to a bug in SMFs version detecting, it is mismatching the version check and returning a bad result.  Simply add ;version_emulate=1.1.9 to the end of your package manager url to emulate a older version of SMF.  Which then the package should present the test install screen.

rbeuker

Great mod, thanks a lot! I really like that I can now link to a specific message directly, and that you can see the reply number :D

One small remark:

QuoteVersion 2.0
+ No longer user p as input. msg used

However, in the link tree 'p' was still used. So I have changed it to 'msg' on my Forum. :)

Also, I think that Modifications.english_utf8.php should be Modifications.english-utf8.php, but I'm not sure about that.

SleePy

Fixed in my sources, will be fixed on next update.

Apllicmz

when Update
dont forget portuguese

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="end"></search>
            <add><![CDATA[
$txt['topic-start'] = 'In&iacute;cio do T&oacute;pico ';
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>
    <file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="end"></search>
            <add><![CDATA[
$txt['topic-start'] = 'In&iacute;cio do T&oacute;pico ';
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

Bombat

is there any update version release for smf RC5? i really need it.

SleePy

This should still work with RC5, I just haven't had time to update the mod to reflect this though.  You can use version emulation (lower right of package manage page) and emulate to a older version and this mod should install cleanly.

Grej

I was trying to install the view single post mod on a custom theme but I got a Test Failed message. How can I fix this?

It's still giving me the option to install the mod but is it safe for me to install it even with the error? Will I get any security problems with my forum if I install it?

This is the error message it gave me.

Replace ./Themes/core/Display.template.php Test failed

Code Find    

<div class="smalltext">&#171; <strong>', !empty($message['counter']) ? $txt['reply_noun'] . ' #' . $message['counter'] : '', ' ', $txt['on'], ':</strong> ', $message['time'], ' &#187;</div>

Code: (Replace)

<div class="smalltext">&#171; <b>', isset($context['sl-singlepost']) ? ($context['sl-singlepost'] == 0 ? $txt['topic-start'] : $txt['reply_noun'] . ' #' . $context['sl-singlepost']) : ($message['counter'] == 0 ? '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $message['start'] . ';msg=' . $message['id'] . '">' . $txt['topic-start'] . '</a>' : '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?topic=' . $context['current_topic'] . '.' . $message['start'] . ';msg=' . $message['id'] . '">' . $txt['reply_noun'] . ' #' . $message['counter'] . '</a>') ,':</b> ', $message['time'], ' &#187;</div>

live627

this mod is not compatible with the Core theme.

confuseamuse

I installed this mod after adjusting the code in the display.template.php and it worked fine, as expected. However, instead of showing the post number in the navigation section, it tells you the message number of the post compared to all posts on the forum. Is there a way to change this?

It's not that big of a deal if you can't, but I'd like to know how to control that. If this mod doesn't affect the navigation section, I'll leave it alone.

Advertisement: