News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

View Single Post

Started by live627, November 14, 2006, 08:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

Link to Mod
Rate this Mod

This Mod Allows you to view a Single Post in a Topic.
To use click the Topic Start or Reply # link

Version 1.1
! Fix error on Multiple pages
+ Use some built in variables to make things easier.

Version 1.0b
! Put Variables into Context

Version 1.0
! Release

stevross

it does not work after first page ::)

SleePy

Thanks for the catch. I have updated it to 1.1 which fixes this and uses some built in variables instead of setting them again..
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

stevross

Luke Beale

Thats a simple but good mod  ;)

I might try it.

SaltedWeb

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SleePy

Allows you to view only 1 post at a time. Such as just your reply in 1 page.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

ragots

I have a thread with 135 pages. This mod works up until page 67. On page 68 and after, clicking on singlepost link brings an empty post.  On another thread no longer than 7 pages, the same error happens starting on page 6

GJ-tje

Quote from: Diamondcomputer on March 09, 2007, 11:48:45 AM
what does this mod do ??????
QuoteThis Mod Allows you to view a Single Post in a Topic.
To use click the Topic Start or Reply # link
In other words:

With this mod you'll be able to view a single message in a topic like the topic start... ;)
"People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something of equal value.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange."

"People should not be afraid of their Goverments. Goverments should be afraid of their People."

ragots

Hi, it works erratically on multipage threads. The more pages, the more likey it won't work.
Is there a fix ?  

SleePy

This seems to be a deal with MySQL. Not liking what I did to the query to do this.

Give this one a test. Uninstall the old one first and install this one. This is a beta as I didn't test it well but this should work.

Uses new checks that make it so less modification to the default SMF code is needed.

Edit.. Should probably attach the file :P

ragots

I tried installing it. It says it's corrupt.  Won't even install it.  

ragots

Please, get me a fix. This is the mod that I had been waiting for. Please.  

SleePy

I reattached it. See if that works.

ragots

It says:

the packages you're trying to install is either invalid or corrupt

It's crazy people don't see the use of this mod. With this mod, you can point to any single post on your forum and it will show all by itself on the page. I need this. .

the new version is corrupt. Can you test if first and see if you can install it ?

This version refuses to install.
http://love.mixbeat.com/hype/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=231

here is a link to my forum just in case you want to see

SleePy

I did test the install twice on my computers test sites. Some reason when you are getting the mod it is becoming corrupt. Did you try another browser?
I reattached it again as .zip which should work (though I didn't test this one).

ragots

Ok, it installed, but it does not work at all, does not do what it is supposed to do at all.  

SleePy

what doesn't work?
Did you view the topic and then click on it? There was change on how it handles the action and uses a different variable (msg=) instead.
New ones kind of look like this:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=127050;msg=1009558

ragots

What does not work ?
We no longer get a single post on a page like the other one.

Even the link you provide
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=127050;msg=1009558
does not produce a single post on a page like the last version did.

Oh please, I hate to sound childish, but this mod, and the streaming one, is the two most important ones in my view.

But it doesn't work.... snif...  

ragots

This is the weird thing that happen when I click to get a single post. All the message number become the same as the one that gets clicked. Thankfully, this all goes back to normal after, but that's weird no ?  And you get no single post... incidentally... just a whole page of posts...

BEFORE I CLICK ON POST #18217

AFTER I CLICK #18217

Advertisement: