Simple Awards System

Started by Windy, November 14, 2006, 09:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Salmón

Quote from: marinesct on November 11, 2007, 07:09:29 PM
I've come up with the following error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'collate latin1_general_ci NOT NULL
AFTER memberNam
File: /homepages/32/d101410193/htdocs/usmcg/TEST/smf/Packages/temp/AwardSystemdb.php
Line: 69

Its referring to:
AFTER memberName",__FILE__,__LINE__);

Any recommendations on how to fix this? I removed the 'collate' reference as well as the references to 'latin1_general_ci'.  After the deletions, another error came to referencing the  log table at line 93.  Is [memberName] the correct variable?

the same mistake. Windy, help me, please !

El Salmón

Someone have a solution for this problem ? Please !  :)

thebrownshow

I'm having the same problem as well. 
SMF 1.1.4

El Salmón

El Salmón

lets move !!! please !!!! i know you are there

AlkaSeltxer

I'm having the "nothing happening problem" I input the award name, and browse to the image, but when I hit Add, it just refreshed the page, and the award isn't listed. I went into phpmyadmin and checked the awards sql section and nothing had been added to the database...

Using SMF 1.1.4 and TP 0.9.8 with the Aero79 theme.
~Josh~
Over 16 keyboards lost to raging.

TeaTephi

When I install I get this error message:

Unknown column 'memberName' in 'smf_awards'
File: /home/content/b/i/b/biblevoyages/html/forum/Packages/temp/AwardSystemdb.php
Line: 69

Does anyone know what this means?  I think this mod is perfect for my site, hope I can get it to work.
SMF 2.0.2 | TinyPortal 1.107 Veterans day theme Opera 11.50
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

marinesct

Not sure how I came about my error. Or how it got fixed.  I was in a testing phase with SMF using mySQL 4.0.  I looked at my tables and found that the language collate latin1_general_ci wasn't available. Went I went live, I used mySQL v5.0 and it seemed to cure the problem.  Check your database version and refer to MySQL's Character Sets Of Version 4.1 for more information on changes from 4.0 to 4.1.  You may want to upgrade to the newest version.

immaturity

I manually installed this (for whatever reason I have to manually install all mods on 1.1.4 even back when I was only using default theme).

I run AwardSystemdb.php and get this message:

Database Error
No database selected
File: /hsphere/local/home/immaturi/forum.parentalplayground.com/AwardSystemdb.php
Line: 48 

When clicking a member profile, I get this message:

Database Error
Unknown column 'a.fileName' in 'field list'
File: /hsphere/local/home/immaturi/forum.parentalplayground.com/Sources/Load.php
Line: 916 

which I am sure is because I can't run the AwardSystemdb.php file correctly.

What step am I missing?
Access your inner Immaturity at the Parental Playground.

TeaTephi

Quote from: marinesct on December 23, 2007, 07:17:19 PM
Not sure how I came about my error. Or how it got fixed.  I was in a testing phase with SMF using mySQL 4.0.  I looked at my tables and found that the language collate latin1_general_ci wasn't available. Went I went live, I used mySQL v5.0 and it seemed to cure the problem.  Check your database version and refer to MySQL's Character Sets Of Version 4.1 for more information on changes from 4.0 to 4.1.  You may want to upgrade to the newest version.

Were you talking to me?  How do I know what version SQL I have? 
SMF 2.0.2 | TinyPortal 1.107 Veterans day theme Opera 11.50
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

Doc.Blade

Just a quick question, does this mod allow you to give the same award to members more than once and have it show that they have more than one of said award?

I am looking to add this to my BF2 Clan Forums for Tournament players, everyone that plays each time will get an award for actually playing in the match.  This will be the same award each time. 

Thanx in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Cheers

Doc

Neorics

dude i got Simple Award System 1.2.1, i want to install the 1.3 but i cant uninstall the previous version and i'm afraid to install the new one cause it might get doubled because it doesn't detect an upgrade of the mod

so how do i uninstall the old version? i can manually uninstall the modifications but i need to know how to uninstall the DB edit that your mod made even manually?
[For Hire] I can help you with anything regarding Simple Machines Forum  ~ My Portfolio

TrueSatan

There is no need to make a manual database change...simply uninstall the old version and install the new one.

Neorics

Quote from: TrueSatan on January 12, 2008, 09:47:02 AM
There is no need to make a manual database change...simply uninstall the old version and install the new one.

there is no uninstall for the old file...

and i tried uninstalling it manually and hell came loose, man i got so many errors, i need to uninstall that database thingy, i need to know how to that manually
[For Hire] I can help you with anything regarding Simple Machines Forum  ~ My Portfolio

TrueSatan

Once more you don't need to make a manual database change!

The uninstall issue is simply due to your having updated your SMF version to a version where the old mod doesn't have version support...you can easily get round this by use of version emulate when uninstalling:

Put ;emulate_version=1.1.2 (or whatever version number is appropriate) at the end of the Package Manager URL

The way emulate version works is that you go to the SMF mods site and find the page for the mod you wish to use...or go to the first post in the support topic for it here where a link will be found. From that page you will find the last SMF version that the mod version you have supports. If the  mod version you have installed supports SMF 1.1.3 that is the last version in this instance. You would then add  &emulate_version=1.1.3 to the end of the package manager url in your forum.

You could also do a manual uninstall of the mod or uninstall the last forum upgrade so as to bring your forum back to a version where the mod had an uninstall ability and then uninstall the mod, re-install the forum upgrade and install the new mod version. None of this requires you to make any manual database changes!

Neorics

dont you think i tried that?

i'm saying that the old installation file did not come with uninstall instructions/code/modification what ever you call it

so you cant uninstall it...

anyways i reverted back the files so now the award system is sill installed...

TrueSatan

You said:

Quotedude i got Simple Award System 1.2.1

You now say:

Quotedont you think i tried that?

i'm saying that the old installation file did not come with uninstall instructions/code/modification what ever you call it

...however you are not correct as the version you say you have does contain the following code:

<uninstall for="1.1.2">
<modification type="file" format="xml" reverse="true">modification.xml</modification>
</uninstall>

<uninstall for="1.1.3">
<modification type="file" format="xml" reverse="true">modification.xml</modification>
</uninstall>

Version emulate, as I have advised you to use, would make your forum emulate SMF version 1.1.3 and thus allow the uninstall string for SMF version 1.1.3 to be used to uninstall the mod.

Please follow the advice I've already given you!

Neorics

Quote from: TrueSatan on January 12, 2008, 11:51:46 AM
You said:

Quotedude i got Simple Award System 1.2.1

You now say:

Quotedont you think i tried that?

...however you are not correct as the version you say you have does contain the following code:

<uninstall for="1.1.2">
</uninstall>

<uninstall for="1.1.3">
</uninstall>

Version emulate, as I have advised you to use, would make your forum emulate SMF version 1.1.3 and thus allow the uninstall string for SMF version 1.1.3 to be used to uninstall the mod.

Please follow the advice I've already given you!

omg, i know how to use version emulate, the uninstall button just doesnt show up, tried 1.1.3 and 1.1.2 and the uninstall button still doesnt show up

i really appreciate your help but i'm telling you it's not working

TrueSatan

Then follow either of the other alternatives I stated earlier:

You could also do a manual uninstall of the mod or uninstall the last forum upgrade so as to bring your forum back to a version where the mod had an uninstall ability and then uninstall the mod, re-install the forum upgrade and install the new mod version.

Neorics

Quote from: TrueSatan on January 12, 2008, 05:34:21 PM
Then follow either of the other alternatives I stated earlier:

You could also do a manual uninstall of the mod or uninstall the last forum upgrade so as to bring your forum back to a version where the mod had an uninstall ability and then uninstall the mod, re-install the forum upgrade and install the new mod version.

i've been trying to do it manually but because i don't know how to undo the database edit the mod did then it's generating errors and lots of em...

thanks anyways

Advertisement: