News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Simple Awards System

Started by Windy, November 14, 2006, 09:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cometopapa

yes...

Can i get for SMF 1.1.3 ?

Thanks

LordHogFred

I too would love this mod for 2.1.3!
It looks awesome!

Windy

Ok, I've gone ahead and updated it to work with later versions now.. sorry for taking so long >_> <_<
I just don't come here too often and the reason for me to update it at all dropped as soon as the forum I go to stopped using it.

Most issues I believe are fixed, but if there's any more you happen to find just post those here and maybe if you're lucky I'll be able to fix them.
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Mods are only updated to the latest same major version of smf on request.

THE_UNDERTAKER

Hello, I'm having some problems with the latest version of your mod.

hxxp:img401.imageshack.us/img401/6881/textmissingps6.jpg [nonactive]

The text is missing in the permissions

hxxp:img401.imageshack.us/img401/460/imageandtextmissingdc7.jpg [nonactive]

And the images won't show up, they are replaced by the tooltop, text is missing aswell.
Images are 16x16 .gif

Thank you.

LordHogFred

Awesome thanks! :D

Just a slight suggestion, would it possible for you to allow images of up to 32 x 32 to be used as award icons?

Cheers :),

P.S: I found how to mod the image sizes, however I'm getting the no image showing problem.

mooty

I've got the same problems as THE UNDERTAKER , all permissions are ok.

Help please :)

shin.

I was having the same problem regarding the images not showing, and I fixed it doing something very simple.
I checked the path to the image, and it was '.../awards/Award_2.gif', then checked the directory on my ftp client and verified the awards directory was named Awards (uppercase 'A'), all I did was rename it to awards (all lowercase), and it worked.
Don't know if it's the same problem you guys are facing, or even if it'll fix, but it's worth checking. =)

Hammy

Here's the prob I'm having....

First, I'm using v 1.1.3 and Simple Award System 1.2

I loaded smf and the mod on my laptop first to make sure everything worked ok and it did, the awards I loaded all used the file names I specified (ie potm.gif) and all was good, even after conversion.

Then I loaded to my main server and now all awards use incremental filenames like Award_101.gif, Award_102.gif etc

The code modification I did on my local copy (changed the sizes to allow for ribbon type medals) I also did to the server copy so there's no physical change happening but the countup filenames is something that adds hours to loading in awards.  Anyone know anything about this or a fix that would correct it?

Any help is appreciated and I thank you for any help you provide :)

Windy

Quote from: THE_UNDERTAKER on September 06, 2007, 07:50:12 AM
Hello, I'm having some problems with the latest version of your mod.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6881/textmissingps6.jpg

The text is missing in the permissions

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/460/imageandtextmissingdc7.jpg

And the images won't show up, they are replaced by the tooltop, text is missing aswell.
Images are 16x16 .gif

Thank you.
Seems as if the text didn't get copied to the language file, or perhaps you're using a language other than english.  Did you encounter any issues when installing?

As for the images problem, I'd suggest trying what shin did and see if that has any effect.  Unfortunately, there are some issues I can't really account for due to variety of difference setups that people have.

Quote from: Hammy on September 09, 2007, 12:10:43 PM
Here's the prob I'm having....

First, I'm using v 1.1.3 and Simple Award System 1.2

I loaded smf and the mod on my laptop first to make sure everything worked ok and it did, the awards I loaded all used the file names I specified (ie potm.gif) and all was good, even after conversion.

Then I loaded to my main server and now all awards use incremental filenames like Award_101.gif, Award_102.gif etc

The code modification I did on my local copy (changed the sizes to allow for ribbon type medals) I also did to the server copy so there's no physical change happening but the countup filenames is something that adds hours to loading in awards.  Anyone know anything about this or a fix that would correct it?

Any help is appreciated and I thank you for any help you provide :)
I'm not quite sure what's going on there, what do you mean by something that adds hours to loading in awards?
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Hammy

Meant the time it take to load in individual awards.  with it creating it's own filenames I have to manuaally copy and rename each file.

kenchix1

Quote from: shin. on September 07, 2007, 09:46:35 PM
I was having the same problem regarding the images not showing, and I fixed it doing something very simple.
I checked the path to the image, and it was '.../awards/Award_2.gif', then checked the directory on my ftp client and verified the awards directory was named Awards (uppercase 'A'), all I did was rename it to awards (all lowercase), and it worked.
Don't know if it's the same problem you guys are facing, or even if it'll fix, but it's worth checking. =)

I tried doing it but it seems everytime I upload/create a new award, SMF creates a new directory named "Awards". Now I have the "Awards" and "awards" directory.

What I did was I changed "awards" to "Awards" inside display.template.php and now it is showing the icons properly but somehow I can't seem to find the part where it displays the awards in the profile page inside profile.php, I'm not sure if I am looking at the right file.

Windy

Quote from: kenchix1 on September 12, 2007, 06:54:35 AM
Quote from: shin. on September 07, 2007, 09:46:35 PM

I tried doing it but it seems everytime I upload/create a new award, SMF creates a new directory named "Awards". Now I have the "Awards" and "awards" directory.

What I did was I changed "awards" to "Awards" inside display.template.php and now it is showing the icons properly but somehow I can't seem to find the part where it displays the awards in the profile page inside profile.php, I'm not sure if I am looking at the right file.
yeah, you should be looking at the profile.template.php file

for those that haven't begun having issues with this, i've uploaded a newer version that sticks to using lower-case letters for the directory and files, to which I hope will fix this particular issue.

Quote from: Hammy on September 12, 2007, 12:55:17 AM
Meant the time it take to load in individual awards.  with it creating it's own filenames I have to manuaally copy and rename each file.
why would you be manually copying and renaming o_O?
the system uses the unique ID of the award to create the filename to avoid the overwriting of already existing files, there is no reason to why you should have to copy and rename files.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

DonaldJ

How can I make it so that it shows more than 4 awards under there avatar, post counts, ect.?
Help me out and Expose Your Music!

obseq

Is there a way for permitted groups to see the available awards for applying them to profiles, without uploading each time you wish to give an award? without someone needing to rewrite the mod to allow this?

Or is there another mod like this that is more user friendly

i like the location and availability of using awards to reward forum members, the size of awards is appropriate for posting along with forum icons already in use without overwhelming their chosen image.

xxkylexx

Hi Windy,
I'm having some trouble installing this on SMF 1.1.4. I get the following error when trying to "apply" the mod:

QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Is something not compatible with 1.1.4?

Thanks!

Windy

Quote from: xxkylexx on September 30, 2007, 10:05:37 PM
Hi Windy,
I'm having some trouble installing this on SMF 1.1.4. I get the following error when trying to "apply" the mod:

QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Is something not compatible with 1.1.4?

Thanks!
There shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work as far as the code it adds, I haven't created a new version for 1.1.4 yet as I'm working on a newer version and am not finished yet, you can try adding emulate_version=1.1.3 (just search the forums on how this works if you're unsure) to the end of the url when trying to apply it.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

xxkylexx

Hmm, that didn't seem to work. Still getting the same error message. How far along is your new version?

Thanks again!

Windy

Ok, I've added the new version, for those who already have previous versions installed, you will need to uninstall prior versions before installing it.  I'd also recommend backing up your database and awards just in case something goes wrong with the conversion process (Nothing seemed to go wrong when I tested it, but you know how these things can always go wrong >_>)

I was planning on adding the option that you can only select from a pre-set list of awards but I was unable to find a "happy medium" that didn't destroy the original functionality of the mod.  So what I'm going to do instead is write an add-on that you would install on top that will convert it to that kind of system.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Paracelsus

Is it possible for you to underline the changes from the previous version to this one so that one can try a manual install (because a automatic uninstall is somewhat difficult now). Tkx.

xxkylexx

The Display template code doesn't seem to display the images properly.

Advertisement: