News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Simple Awards System

Started by Windy, November 14, 2006, 09:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesikaleon

there is a bug in mod
When you click on username under the "Given By" you go to wrong profile url

Moreover everyone can delete any award!!! Any way to fix it?

LOPar

Yes. Error in "Given By"
No. No errors in deletion.

Eclipse16V

Quote from: thesikaleon on January 24, 2012, 11:01:48 AM
there is a bug in mod
When you click on username under the "Given By" you go to wrong profile url

Moreover everyone can delete any award!!! Any way to fix it?
Yes, same problem
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

WittyUsername

Hey.

I got a wee bit of a problem and if there's someone who won't mind giving me a quick hand, that'd be great. It's nothing big, and it's obviously doable -- I just don't know how to do it myself, which I did look.

I chose this old mod over Member Awards simply due to conflicting installations (ones I rather not try to tweak because I'd break the forum).

This suits all my needs and everything. I just have a problem that bugs me.

The awards all sit besides "awards:" rather than below it. I have no idea where to go to make it just break off below the colon. This isn't a core thing, I'm sure.  If someone could tell me how to fix this problem, that'd be great. Or if I could just get rid of "Awards:" as a whole and just go straight to the graphics, that works too.

I want this

to look like this (Firebug edit)

Or even this (Firebug edit, again)

Looking at it, preferably the entire "awards:" removal. It kinda looks better. Or at least I think.

Again, I'm sure it's something fairly easy. It's just, I dunno where to go with it.

WittyUsername

It's been over a day, and nobody's answered my post, similar to a number of questions that I may ask here. However, I am sure this one is fairly easy to do, it's just I am not familiar enough with its content to comfortably try editing items without some guidance.

If anybody can help me, I'd be grateful.

Arantor

It's been over a day and people who do this stuff in their spare time, for free, didn't get round to answering your question about a mod that they probably don't use and know nothing about.

It'll be somewhere in your Display.template.php file where the reference to awards as text will be, it'll be a $txt entry. (But I don't use the mod, know nothing about it, I just know how SMF works and how it will have been implemented)

WittyUsername

Quote from: Arantor on October 19, 2012, 09:14:46 AM
It's been over a day and people who do this stuff in their spare time, for free, didn't get round to answering your question about a mod that they probably don't use and know nothing about.
Yes, that's exactly what happened.

It'll be somewhere in your Display.template.php file where the reference to awards as text will be, it'll be a $txt entry. (But I don't use the mod, know nothing about it, I just know how SMF works and how it will have been implemented)
Oddly, no. I've looked all through Display to try to find something well before asking here.  I gained some ground once, by deleting a line of code, it removed the title but kept the colon.

$memberContext[$message['id_member']]['custom_fields']['awards'] = array(
'title' => 'Awards',
'value' => '<span class="awards">' . $award_str . '</span>',
'placement' => false,
);

I deleted 'title'=> 'Awards'. Not much better.

However, what was true is that there was a solution in Display. I started screwing with things to see what happened and set 'placement' => true. This removed the title and colon, but it sets your awards right above the icons. Which, unless you feel that's ugly, really isn't much of a problem.

I suppose I should have tried that in the first place. However, my fearful self wanted to keep sure that I didn't break something along the way. And hey, if others

Arantor

QuoteYes, that's exactly what happened.

And that was the sound of sarcasm going over your head entirely. My point is that you're complaining because no-one is helping you. Except that the circumstances are not in your favour when you're going to be crappy towards volunteers doing this in their spare time.

Also, it's funny, I said I knew nothing about the mod, and assumed it would do it the simplest method, by extending the display template, but it does it by splicing into the custom fields system.

You could, incidentally, try placement as 1 instead of true or false. It would move it higher up, but would also remove the heading entirely.

Or even, change Display.template.php thusly:

if (!empty($message['member']['custom_fields']))
{
foreach ($message['member']['custom_fields'] as $custom)
if (empty($custom['placement']) || empty($custom['value']))
echo '
<li class="custom">', $custom['title'], ': ', $custom['value'], '</li>';
}

if (!empty($message['member']['custom_fields']))
{
foreach ($message['member']['custom_fields'] as $cf_id => $custom)
if ($cf_id == 'awards' && !empty($custom['value']))
echo '
<li class="custom">', $custom['value'], '</li>';
elseif (empty($custom['placement']) || empty($custom['value']))
echo '
<li class="custom">', $custom['title'], ': ', $custom['value'], '</li>';
}

Wanting to experiment is fine, I do it all the time - I just experiment using a test site so I don't break my main ones...

avisona30

When i try to install SimpleAwardsSystem-2-4.zip mod in my smf 2.0.2
i get below error

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE = MYISAM' at line 9 File: /home/globetel/public_html/ Packages/temp/ AwardSystemdb2.php Line: 187

J_WHISPERZ

Can someone tell me if there is another awards system like this fo ther current version of smf. I really like this MOD because you can use your own Badge and Award images that you have created within in this MOD with the browse feature. In other award mods you have to select the badges and awards that have been pre-made.

Ventic

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE = MYISAM' at line 9
File: C:\Xampp\htdocs\forum2\Packages\temp\AwardSystemdb2.php
Line: 187

any idea what to do,to solve this?

impreza

Very useful, thank you for ddition
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Arantor

Quote from: Ventic on September 17, 2013, 07:31:06 AM
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE = MYISAM' at line 9
File: C:\Xampp\htdocs\forum2\Packages\temp\AwardSystemdb2.php
Line: 187

any idea what to do,to solve this?

Change the AwardSystemdb2.php file to use ENGINE=MYISAM instead of TYPE=MYISAM. Or better still the mod author should have used the proper methods in the first place.

Ventic

rumblecloud

I hope I am posting in the right area. If not, please show me the door or tell me where to go  ;D.

I am using this mod (Simple Awards System). I wanted to use it because it allows, as others have noted, you to use your own awards and have them visible in the "postbits" area (whatever that is - which I am assuming is under the Users name and avatar area on any post message). Image attached.

Everything works except the image does not show up in the post area. I am within spec on the sizes of the images allowed, but can't figure out if it is something I have done wrong or I am missing something.

I have played with the allowable modification settings too. I emulated 2.0 CR2 to do the install and am running the latest version of SMF 2.0.6.

I am not fluent in programming languages, but not afraid to play either.

Thank you in advance.

r

margarett

I see all those medals below avatars. What's missing?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

rumblecloud

Oh sorry about that. That is the post-based AutoAwards Package.
What I want to accomplish is to give awards or recognition on an "as requested" basis or just because.

I have looked for options to change the AutoAwards from post-based to as requested, but perhaps I have not looked in the right area.
Could it be that the AutoAwards Package is not allowing me to see the Simple Awards in the post area?

Thank you
r

margarett

Could be, yes. I would have to test, though. I use none :P
Can you backup everything and uninstall it?
If they both use custom fields and one if them is automatic, it can happen that they conflict. But, just guessing...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

rumblecloud

I give it a shot. And post results.

Thank you again.

rumblecloud

Hello to the Code Gods!!

I have attempted to install the Simple Awards but get an error message that state a test failed - just one little test!. The screen shots show
1. the error message
2 and 3. the offending code ( i think) I'm okay with Spanish, but not so much with this stuff. Is there anything that sticks out at you in this that could be causing the error?

Thanks for any info.

r

Advertisement: