nooby at work please help me!

Started by robotman321, November 16, 2006, 11:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robotman321

i am trying to integrate my SMF 1.1 RC3 into mambo 4.6.1 but i'm such a noob it wont let me do it, can anyone help me so i can get this working, please

many thanks
whats a signature without text, WOOT!

whouse

You've got to give a little more info than that.  What's happening?  Are there errors?  What are they and where do they occur.  What version of the bridge are you trying to use?

Any info that you think may be helpful, include it.

robotman321

alright i'll start here.

I uploaded the bridge to mambo via the universal installer. once i upload it i go to the "SMF Bridge" in the components section.  AFter i click on that it gives me the configuration of the integration of the forums so i put my URL into the path because it is in a different folder of my website.  AFter i do that and have saved i go to "groups" and it gives me this error:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/discosb/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 318
There is nothing to click in the groups section but when i go to the "synch" group there are 3 buttons i can click "migrate SMF users to Mambo" so i do and heres what happens it gives me these errors:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/discosb/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 609

Warning: smf2mos(/SSI.php) [function.smf2mos]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/discosb/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 627

Fatal error: smf2mos() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/discosb/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 627

Now i havent the slightest clue why this is doing this can you help?

robotman321

alright i noticed in my "components" drop down that there is a section named: "Simple MAchine Forum Rgistration" but when i go to it, it gives me the following errors:
Warning: showconfig(/home/discosb/public_html/community//administrator/components/com_smf_registration/config.smf_registration.php) [function.showconfig]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/discosb/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_smf_registration/admin.smf_registration.php on line 65

Warning: showconfig(/home/discosb/public_html/community//administrator/components/com_smf_registration/config.smf_registration.php) [function.showconfig]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/discosb/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_smf_registration/admin.smf_registration.php on line 65

Fatal error: showconfig() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/discosb/public_html/community//administrator/components/com_smf_registration/config.smf_registration.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/discosb/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_smf_registration/admin.smf_registration.php on line 65

i am confused as to what those mean as well.

whouse

It looks like you may have the path set incorrectly but I could be wrong.  Are you using the Bridge 1.1.6 or the Mambo 4.6 Bridge?
Can you list your paths?
I don't have Mambo and am using Joomla but I can't imagine the setup being extremely different, although I have been wrong before.

EDIT: On the second set of errors, there should be nothing for you to configure for the registration component which is why you are getting those errors.  This is not a problem.

robotman321

i'll post back here when i can tell not sure atm

robotman321

i am using: SMF 1.1 RC3 Mambo 4.6 Bridge 1.1 Beta 2

whouse

I believe that the sync users may be a bug that has already been reported.  Are you experiencing any other issues?  I visited your site and your forums are being displayed correctly and it appears that you are currently using the forums unwrapped.
Other than the errors reported, is there anything else happening that is hindering your site from functioning?

robotman321

yeah if u visit my site: discosbazaar.com i have stand alone smf forums but if you go here: http://discosbazaar.com/community that is my mambo, i am trying to upgrade my site so its easier to work with

robotman321

alright i gtg i will be afk for the weekend if you have any sugjestions please post otherwise i will just wrap it in :/

whouse

Are you using 1 database or 2?  I tried to register @ ur site and got a db error.
Also, the only way to keep the forum wrapped and increase the size is to unpublish some of the side modules from the forum page.

Orstio

You have your forum opening in the Mambo wrapper component, instead of using the SMF Bridge component.

Create a proper menu item to the bridge component instead of using the wrapper component.

robotman321

ok i fixed that but what should i put when i am configuring it, i have some confusion in that area

Orstio

You have a blank page here:

http://discosbazaar.com/community/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=41

which means the bridge is encountering an error.  Is there anything in your error log?

robotman321

um error logs?! i'm such a noob, um where can i find them besides the ones that pop up on the screen in the different places?

Orstio

Your best bet is probably in your site's cPanel.

robotman321

ok here are the error logs from today:
QuoteError log

Last 300 Error Log Messages in reverse order

[Sun Nov 19 13:42:05 2006] [error] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/discosb/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 319
[Sun Nov 19 13:42:05 2006] [error] PHP Warning:  mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/discosb/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 150
[Sun Nov 19 13:38:28 2006] [error] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/discosb/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 319
[Sun Nov 19 13:38:28 2006] [error] PHP Warning:  mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/discosb/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 150
[Sun Nov 19 13:37:43 2006] [error] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/discosb/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 319
[Sun Nov 19 13:37:43 2006] [error] PHP Warning:  mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/discosb/public_html/community/administrator/components/com_smf/admin.smf.php on line 150
[Sun Nov 19 13:37:08 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  un_htmlspecialchars() in /home/discosb/public_html/community/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 169
[Sun Nov 19 13:37:08 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  un_htmlspecialchars() in /home/discosb/public_html/community/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 169
[Sun Nov 19 13:36:52 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  un_htmlspecialchars() in /home/discosb/public_html/community/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 169
[Sun Nov 19 13:36:52 2006] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:  un_htmlspecialchars() in /home/discosb/public_html/community/components/com_smf/smf.php on line 169
[Sun Nov 19 13:36:14 2006] [error] [client 68.251.70.149] File does not exist: /home/discosb/public_html/404.shtml
[Sun Nov 19 13:36:14 2006] [error] [client 68.251.70.149] File does not exist: /home/discosb/public_html/glblnav_selected.gif
[Sun Nov 19 13:15:10 2006] [error] [client 71.120.42.239] File does not exist: /home/discosb/public_html/404.shtml
[Sun Nov 19 13:15:10 2006] [error] [client 71.120.42.239] File does not exist: /home/discosb/public_html/glblnav_selected.gif
[Sun Nov 19 13:15:10 2006] [error] [client 71.120.42.239] File does not exist: /home/discosb/public_html/404.shtml
[Sun Nov 19 13:15:10 2006] [error] [client 71.120.42.239] File does not exist: /home/discosb/public_html/glblnav_selected.gif

heres a small video of what my admin panel looks like in that area: http://www.discosbazaar.com/robotman321/clip0006.avi

Orstio

You put a URL in your bridge config.  It asks for an absolute path, which is not a URL.

Your path to SMF is probably something like this:

/home/discosb/public_html/upgradedforum

robotman321

ok it works but there are some major glitches that i have come to look at lol

robotman321

oh yeah and its saying that i am using an illegal copy of SMF what is wup with that?

Advertisement: