News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Global moderators centre?

Started by Cerberus, June 20, 2004, 03:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerberus

I'm wondering if this awesome mod has been ported to SMF ;) :-X

Chris Cromer, are you reading? ;)
Best Regards, Cerberus
YaBB Gold -> YaBB 1.1 -> YaBB SE (YaPP -> PfaBB) -> SMF
Pocket PC Russia

Grudge

Personally, I quite like the idea of expanding the whole admin center as a fully configurable area where global mods and moderators would be able to have access to whatever you give them. So, for example, a moderator could view all new posts on boards they moderate etc etc.

However, it's a pipe dream and mildy off topic :)
I'm only a half geek really...

Cerberus

I like this idea too. It would be nice to be able to configure which settings can moderators access :)
Best Regards, Cerberus
Pocket PC Russia

Chris Cromer

It's Cromer not Chromer. ;)

Anyway, the way the suggestion that Grudge made was kind of my reason for not porting it to SMF. If more permissions are added global mods could access stuff in the admin center so it would make the mod useless. As for whether or not more permissions for it will be added... no idea.

Besides [Unknown] took over my mod so I don't even have the mod anymore myself... will have to find it if I even decide to make it.
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

Cerberus

So it looks like I'll have to post in the "Feature Requests" ::)
Best Regards, Cerberus
Pocket PC Russia

Chris Cromer

Well if more permissions are going to be added, I don't want to waste my time making a mod that will be obsolete soon after it's made.

Although, at the moment I can't really do much coding anyway since my laptop keyboard broke. I am having to use an external keyboard which is to the left/behind me, and makes typing alot slower as well as more typos.
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

Advertisement: