News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

IPB v2.0.3 convert to SMF 1.1 RC3

Started by thexw, November 17, 2006, 05:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thexw

SMF Version: SMF 1.1 RC3
Hello, I am a webmaster for a group of ladies that do scrapbooking and rubberstamping, and I am in the process of trying to setup SMF to be there primary forum application. Let me give you some info on the setup..

hxxp:iboard.jeansartdolls.com [nonactive] < IPB v2.0.3 MySQL - 4.1.14-Debian_5-log
hxxp:board.jeansartdolls.com [nonactive] < SMF 1.1RC3 MySQL - 4.1.14-Debian_5-log

the way i configured mysql.. hxxp:jeansartdolls.jeansartdolls.com [nonactive] == server .. both the same database.. ipb uses: ibf_ and SMF uses .. smf_    .. when trying to run converter I am faced with the following error:
Converting categories... Unsuccessful!
This query:
INSERT INTO `jeansartdolls`.smf_categories
(ID_CAT, name, catOrder)
VALUES ('339', 'JAD's This and That!', '4'),
('330', 'Design Team Private Forums', '1'),
('327', 'Welcome to JAD's', '2'),
('334', 'JAD's Scrapbooking &amp; Rubberstamping', '3');
Caused the error:

Duplicate entry '255' for key 1

Nothing I can do seems to cure this, I have dropped all tables from smf_categories and error repeats itself.. I tried downgrading to 1.0 and was successful with merging users/categories and all forum topics but when prompted to move attachments/images over something went quack in the Settings.php file, kept saying something about unexpected command at like 62 there are only 62 lines in my file.

Anyone that could help I appreciate it :)

Thank you

thexw

I suppose i got it to work with 1.0.9 .. for now :)

Oldiesmann

Try running these queries in phpMyAdmin before you convert:

ALTER TABLE smf_boards CHANGE ID_CAT ID_CAT smallint(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AUTO_INCREMENT;
ALTER TABLE smf_categories CHANGE ID_CAT ID_CAT smallint(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY;

That will allow much larger values in the ID_CAT column, which should fix your problem (tinyint can't handle values larger than 255).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: