To the powers that be...

Started by a2h, November 21, 2006, 05:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a2h

I just thought it was time i said something to you all. I am a novice at all this, and your software, your developmental talents, have allowed me to do somethings no one else has been able to. I have built an educational site, that when done, will be providing schools, and the general public with accurate, up to date information on a topic that affects our world.....HIV/Aids. Because of your brilliance and expertise, I have been able to turn the forum into an online community for "positive" people, complete with online support groups. Because of you, I have been able to implement and offer features no other communities like this have. We have all the bells and whistles going into this....the gallery2 integration for a memorial of those we lost, and for those who will leave an album behind when we go. An Arcade for all to relieve thier stress, and have some fun. after the first of the year, i will be reopening my internet radio station, and implementing it too, into the site. I was diagnosed in the latest stages of aids, and was confined to a bed for 3 months unable to care for myself, i got to listen as doctors told my wife and kids, i was gonna die, and it would be best for me to do so in my home. By God's grace, i survived, and now i am dedicated to educating the world of this disease, and you my friends, have made it easy enough for even a novice to do, and that has made not only MY dreams come true, but many others as well. I leave you with a quote of the footnote on the main page of my site:

**I would like to personally thank and recognize my friends at simplemachines.org and tinyportal.net for thier help, for thier creation of this software, the theme design, and working with us to build this site. All copyrights are that of thier respective owners.  Simplemachines and TP simply kick ass! Thanks Everyone**

when the site is completed and ready for grand opening, i will post it in the showcase area, and if theres anything i can do for the simplemachines & TP crew feel free to ask, i do plan on a link for each so others can find you* again thank you*

Grudge

Thank you for the kind words. I think i speak for all here at simplemachines when i say how pleased we are to play a part in building all kinds of communities over the world - and personally even more so for communities such as yours. I hope your site does well and reaches out to those who need you most.
I'm only a half geek really...

anunlike

I second everything Grudge said! :)

Do you plan on posting this at TinyPortal.net, too? I'm sure we at TP would also be grateful to read this. ;) :)

catchmeonline

I make use of smf in many different ways. I currently hold the "deed" to atleast 15 domain names... nearly none of thses sites are anywhere close to complete. However, my main site. and one other site, both run smf. I have gone thru every post board out there in the last three years, and I am completely satisfied with SMF!! Great job. and thank you for offering such a great script.

bloc

Glad to hear about this. :) It makes it all worthwile.

Advertisement: