login redirect back to page having problems

Started by imrich, November 29, 2006, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imrich

Hi,

I'm sorry to ask more noob questions, but I'm stuck again! :-[

I have my mod_smf_login login and logout redirection URL set to : Back to the page from which the user logged in

However, I am always returned to the site home (Joomla) page when a user logs in or logs out.

I've read most of the other threads on this subject and still can't find the issue.

I'm set to use the SMF registration.

As an example, when I go to my forum and login, I'm redirected to my site but with a "index.php?" at the end of the url.

So if my site was www.mysite.tld after I login via the forum, I end up at www.mysite.tld/index.php?

It seems like something is missing from the end of the URL, no? ;)

I have installed some SMF templates after I installed the bridge. Could this be the issue? Does the bridge modify templates on installation?

If so, what's the proper method of getting the bridge to reinstall any mods in the template after I install a new one? I'm still trying to fine tune my site and it still needs a lot of work.

The site is ** URL REMOVED, PM me if you need it ** , I'll remove this URL after this issue is cleared up.

Thanks for any help!

Kindred

what version of smf?
what version of the bridge?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

imrich

It was in my signature, sorry, I thought it was easy to see.

SMF 1.1RC3
Joomla 1.0.11
Bridge 1.1.6

ljk

Hi,

Did you find any answers to this problem? I am using the same versions as you and have exactly the same problem.

I have the forum running on a subdomain of the main Joomla site and I have mine set to bridge registration. When someone logs in or out on the forum page they are being redirected to the Joomla site even though the smf_login has 'return to the page they login in or out' on set.

I would like to find out if this can be fixed as well.

imrich

Quote from: ljk on November 29, 2006, 02:01:42 PM
Hi,

Did you find any answers to this problem? I am using the same versions as you and have exactly the same problem.

I have the forum running on a subdomain of the main Joomla site and I have mine set to bridge registration. When someone logs in or out on the forum page they are being redirected to the Joomla site even though the smf_login has 'return to the page they login in or out' on set.

I would like to find out if this can be fixed as well.

It's only been a couple of hours since my first post! So no answer yet!

Mine are not on a subdomain. I have Joomla in the '/' and my forum is in a '/forum' folder.

I thought this was working once, but after trying different templates for SMF it hasn't been working.

Kindred

return to previous page does not work with unwrapped forums...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

imrich

Ok, thanks for the help. This wasn't obvious to me for some reason after searching through other posts.

Now I have a tough choice.  Some features and mods don't work with a Wrapped SMF forum, and others don't work with an un-wrapped SMF forum.

Perhaps if I can get the calendar, events and other mods working when SMF if wrapped, I'll be satisfied.

I'm learning! Thanks again for your time! :)

Rich

Advertisement: