News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

dropdown for Screen names?

Started by Amacythe, August 16, 2003, 03:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amacythe

On the board I have, there are quite a few people with multiple screen names.  Rather than having to logout then login with a different name, then log out again and log back in as the main name, it would be nice to have a dropdown that lets them do it more quickly.

Spaceman-Spiff

u can just change the display name you know
i dont see any reason why one needs to use multiple usernames
btw, if you use a cool browser like Mozilla Firebird, you can save multiple username passwords for your site

Amacythe

each of the different screen names also has a different sig and avatar.  Just changing the display name doesn't work.

Amacythe

yes.

In fact most of the regular posters have at least three active accounts.

Another issue that is a little of an annoyance is that you can only use one email on the board, so most have created secondary email accounts just to be able to register

Ben_S

Sounds like you have the most annoying members ever, and that would be the most annoying feature ever  :P.

Probably wont be put in, better as a mod?
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Amacythe

It isn't that the members are annoying.  My board is a RP board and the members are writing different storylines as different characters.

A mod would be great too.  Either way, my members will accept whatever they get.  I am probably the one that would use it most often.  I personally have four screen names and most people don't know that two of those are mine.

Advertisement: